OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

I just saw something that "the team" says it's because their accounts were frozen for 48 hours after the declaration of bankruptcy, NOT because of lack of funds.
30t6p3b.gif

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ngeles-dodgers-bounced-checks-frank-mccourt/1

However, according to the team, the checks bounced because the team's accounts were frozen for 48 hours following its filing, not because the Dodgers didn't have the funds to cover them.
The security guards and ushers were issued new paychecks Wednesday, and, according to the Los Angeles Times, the team assured them that it would reimburse them check-bouncing fees from their banks. The Dodgers said employees with direct deposit accounts were unaffected.

This is a joke. 
I can't even talk trash to any of my non-Dodgers friends.  They hit me with a "well at least my team isn't bankrupt". 
laugh.gif

I have a good friend who is a Twins fan and there was slience on my part after that 15-0 drubbing...

-J-

I just saw something that "the team" says it's because their accounts were frozen for 48 hours after the declaration of bankruptcy, NOT because of lack of funds.
30t6p3b.gif

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ngeles-dodgers-bounced-checks-frank-mccourt/1

However, according to the team, the checks bounced because the team's accounts were frozen for 48 hours following its filing, not because the Dodgers didn't have the funds to cover them.
The security guards and ushers were issued new paychecks Wednesday, and, according to the Los Angeles Times, the team assured them that it would reimburse them check-bouncing fees from their banks. The Dodgers said employees with direct deposit accounts were unaffected.

This is a joke. 
I can't even talk trash to any of my non-Dodgers friends.  They hit me with a "well at least my team isn't bankrupt". 
laugh.gif

I have a good friend who is a Twins fan and there was slience on my part after that 15-0 drubbing...

-J-

Direct Deposit ftw

It's just a formality, but it looks bad. Another reason people are pissed is that the higher ups sent a memo about the possibility of bounced checks after they started bouncing -_-. Pissed a lot of people off since they had to wait a couple more days to get THEIR money.

Direct Deposit ftw

It's just a formality, but it looks bad. Another reason people are pissed is that the higher ups sent a memo about the possibility of bounced checks after they started bouncing -_-. Pissed a lot of people off since they had to wait a couple more days to get THEIR money.

Casey Blake on the DL for something to do with his cervical something or other.  I guess he banged up his lady parts....
30t6p3b.gif

-J-

Casey Blake on the DL for something to do with his cervical something or other.  I guess he banged up his lady parts....
30t6p3b.gif

-J-

Anybody heading to the game tonight?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I got the company tickets.  Taking the wife and kids. 
Loge 129. 
My company has Angels and Dodgers tix and my boss says he's offered Dodgers tix to customers this year and they say "Do you have Angels tix instead?" 
laugh.gif

-J-

Anybody heading to the game tonight?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I got the company tickets.  Taking the wife and kids. 
Loge 129. 
My company has Angels and Dodgers tix and my boss says he's offered Dodgers tix to customers this year and they say "Do you have Angels tix instead?" 
laugh.gif

-J-

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Matt kemp and Clayton Kershaw All-stars
pimp.gif
and maybe Andre.

So who writes the checks for these players' bonuses for making the team, the league or the Dodgers??   
Let's get Ethier there too.   (voting as I type this) 

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Matt kemp and Clayton Kershaw All-stars
pimp.gif
and maybe Andre.

So who writes the checks for these players' bonuses for making the team, the league or the Dodgers??   
Let's get Ethier there too.   (voting as I type this) 

I was heated last night.
Bottom of 4. Oeltjen hit by a pitch. Fine. It happens.
Bottom of 5. Miles hit by pitch. Now I haven't played baseball since high school. 17 years ago.
You hit 2 of my players in back to back innings. The first pitch of the next inning, your lead off hitter is taking a 2 seamer right in the %@@.
What does Donny Baseball do? Pitches to Jason Bay and on the 4th pitch, he hits a bomb.
Christ, it was Ted Lilly pitching. Not like he would've hurt Bay any with his blazing 87 mph fastball. We need to grow some balls and play like we want to win.
Oh and Matt Kemp, I understand you have the young gun, do what you want reputation, but don't run through a 3rd base coaches stop signal. He was out by a mile.
At least my kids had fun.

-J-

I was heated last night.
Bottom of 4. Oeltjen hit by a pitch. Fine. It happens.
Bottom of 5. Miles hit by pitch. Now I haven't played baseball since high school. 17 years ago.
You hit 2 of my players in back to back innings. The first pitch of the next inning, your lead off hitter is taking a 2 seamer right in the %@@.
What does Donny Baseball do? Pitches to Jason Bay and on the 4th pitch, he hits a bomb.
Christ, it was Ted Lilly pitching. Not like he would've hurt Bay any with his blazing 87 mph fastball. We need to grow some balls and play like we want to win.
Oh and Matt Kemp, I understand you have the young gun, do what you want reputation, but don't run through a 3rd base coaches stop signal. He was out by a mile.
At least my kids had fun.

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

As good of a ballplayer as Matt Kemp is, I have been saying this for over 2 seasons now.....Matt Kemp MIGHT be the worst baserunner in the major leagues.

Originally Posted by JBug88

As good of a ballplayer as Matt Kemp is, I have been saying this for over 2 seasons now.....Matt Kemp MIGHT be the worst baserunner in the major leagues.

JBug I've always been a fan of the "eye for an eye" method. You hit 1 of my guys, then I'm gonna hit 1 of yours back. But everybody is so sensitive now, players, managers and the media. You always have that 1 bonehead pitcher that'll throw at somebody's head that ruins it. I always pitched when I was in school and travel ball, and if 1 of my teammates got hit, I would go and ask him if he wanted me to hit one of their guys the next inning. Most of the time they said yea

JBug I've always been a fan of the "eye for an eye" method. You hit 1 of my guys, then I'm gonna hit 1 of yours back. But everybody is so sensitive now, players, managers and the media. You always have that 1 bonehead pitcher that'll throw at somebody's head that ruins it. I always pitched when I was in school and travel ball, and if 1 of my teammates got hit, I would go and ask him if he wanted me to hit one of their guys the next inning. Most of the time they said yea

sick.gif
  velez. why? seriously? over gwynn? over even jerry sands? really?

donnie baseball coaching more and more like torre everyday. dumb call city.
season over before the allstar game.. bleh.

so whos getting sent off before the deadline? Im hearing Kuroda. anyone else? time to wholesale the team.

Back
Top Bottom