Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Complete mental breakdown by the Heat. Props to the Mavs. But in the end, they came back only because the Heat let them come back. It's like they got bored when they had a huge 88-73 lead. Had the game been tied halfway through the fourth, the Heat would've won. When they turn it up, the Heat completely control the game. It's obvious that they're the better team. They just got overconfident. Spoelstra just needs to motivate his players better.

I really don't know how anyone seriously thinks that Mavs will win this series.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

When the Playoffs and Finals are all best of seven its hard to justify a losing team as the better one.

If the Heat had mental lapses which led to their loss, they're not the better team.

Playing shoulda, woulda, coulda or fortune teller for the future is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Lebron James 10 finals games in  2-8 with no 25 point or more games

I hate EVERYTHING about Lakers' fans. 1) 41.7% isn't great. Do you know that Kobe has shot WORSE than 41.7% in 5 of his 7 Finals' appearances? 2) Do you know that Kobe has a career Finals' shooting % of about 41%? 3) How about during the game when they showed "Stats for first 9 career Finals' games" for Jordan-Magic-LeBron-Kobe? Let me guess, you conveniently missed that part? You can guess who had the worst numbers. You guys point out all of LeBron's shortcomings, and act like Kobe has done much better individually. There's stats that show LeBron is more clutch in the regular season and more clutch in the playoffs than Bryant. Y'all ignore those stats. Why? I'm not saying LeBron had a good Finals. He didn't. But Kobe Bryant is one of the worst "superstars" in NBA Finals' history (worse than LeBron), and also is very pathetic in clutch situations, whether it be regular season or postseason. LeBron shoots 41% in the Finals, and gets roasted. Kobe shoots 41% over SEVEN Finals, and is great? Unbelievable. *waits for rings argument*

So putting up your stats in the 1[sup]st[/sup] 3 quarters then not making a dent in the 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter EVER is now acceptable..

Kobe 2000 vs. Pacers

Kobe’s first finals game 38 minutes… 14 points on 6-13 shooting..

Kobe’s second finals game. 9 minutes.. 2 points on 1 for 3 shooting… Sprained his ankle left the game.. Missed game 3 of the finals..

Kobe’s third finals game.. 47 minutes.. 28 points on 14 of 27 shooting.. Including carrying the Lakers to the win when Shaq fouled out with 2:32 left in Overtime.. Rik Smits dismantles John Salley on the first possession.. Kobe comes back step back between the legs jumper that keeps the Lakers up 3..Rik Smits kills Salley again.. Kobe comes back down hits a jumper at the top of the key keeping the Lakers up 3.. John Salley fouls Reggie Miller.. Reggie hits both.. Pacers down 1..Shaw gets a put back off a Glen Rice miss Lakers up 3.. Rik Smits hits 2 free throws.. Reggie Miller denies Kobe the ball.. Brian Shaw ends up shooting a missing.. Out of nowhere Kobe makes a put back reverse layup with 5.9 seconds and seals the Laker win.

Kobe’s fourth final game.. Terrible… 4 of 20 shooting 8 points.. Lakers lose by 33..

Kobe’s fifth finals game.. 26 points on 8 of 27 shooting… 10 boards.. Shaq 13 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter points.. Kobe 8 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter points.. Including 4 clutch free throws in the last 15 seconds that kept the Pacers more than a possession down

LeBron 2007 vs Spurs
LeBron’s first finals game 44 minutes… 14 points on 4-16 shooting..6 turnovers… He scored 8 points in the first 3 quarters.. Then made 2 three pointers at 6:54 & 6:19.. Didn’t score again.. For Christ sake Boobie Gibson scored 18..

LeBron’s second finals game. 38 minutes… 25 points on 9-21 shooting.. 7 boards.. 6 assists..6 turnovers.. 4:53 left in the 4[sup]th[/sup] he scored his 8[sup]th[/sup] point in the quarter bringing the Cavs within 8.. Doesn’t score again..

LeBron’s 3[sup]rd[/sup] finals game…41 minutes… 25 points on 9-23 shooting…8 boards.. 7 assists…5 turnovers.. Heyy scored 12 points in the 4[sup]th[/sup].. Missed Game tying shot at the buzzer..

LeBron’s 4[sup]th[/sup] finals game.. 46 minutes…24 points on 10-30 shooting.. 6 board 10 assists.. 6 turnovers..

First finals series… Kobe played better than LeBron… And because you want to bring up shooting %..  Kobe 36.7 FG%..  90.9%FT…  LeBron 35.6 FG%  69.0 FT%

Kobe’s second series:

Kobe Game 1:  52 minutes 17 points on 7 of 22 shooting… 6 turnovers….Famous Tyronne Lue game

Kobe Game 2:  47 minutes.. Game high 31 points on 11 of 23 shooting.. 8 boards 6 assists..

Kobe Game 3:  48 minutes.. Lakers’ High 32 points  on 13 of 30 shooting.. 16 in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] quarter which gave the Lakers the lead the rest of the game..

Kobe Game 4:  43 minutes.. 19 points on 6 of 13 shooting.. 10 boards 9 assists.

Kobe Game 5:  44 minutes.. 26 points 7 of 18 shooting.. 12 boards.. 6 assists..

Kobe shot 41.9%... 24.6 PPG.. 7.8 RPG.. 5.8 APG

LeBron’s second series:

Game 1: 45 minutes.. 24 points on 9-16 shooting.. 9 rebounds 5 assists..

Game 2: 39 minutes.. 20 points on  8-15 shooting..8 boards, 4 assists.. 5 turnovers..  Including the epic 15 point 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter collapse at home in which he scored 2 points on free throws.. Missed 4 shots

Game 3:  45 minutes.. 17 points on 6-14 shooting.. 3 boards, 9 assists.. 2 points in the fourth coming  at 11:39.. But did have the assist that won the game so that’s good..

Game 4:  45 minutes.. 8 points on 3-11 shooting. 9 boards, 7 assists.. Scored his last point with 1:18 left in the 3[sup]rd[/sup].. Last rebound with 7:29 left.. Last assist with 7:24 left.. After that it is like he didn’t exist.. Heat lose by 3 because he didn’t even bother to show up..

Game 5:  The emptiest triple double ever.. 45 minutes 17 points on  8-19.. 10 boards, 10 assists.. Scored 15 points with 3:26 in the 3[sup]rd[/sup].. Then his 17[sup]th[/sup] on an uncontested layup.. Got his 10[sup]th[/sup] board with 7 minutes left. 10[sup]th[/sup] assist with 6 minutes left.. Then gets lit up by Jason Terry..

Game 6:  40 minutes..21 points  9-15. 4 boards.. 6 assists. 6 turnovers.. Scores 9 points quick on 4 of 4.. The disappears for a quarter and a half to resurface with his 11[sup]th[/sup] point with 3 minutes left in the second.. Disappears for another quarter getting his 13[sup]th[/sup] point at 1:45.. Makes 2 straight jump shots putting the Heat within 8.. The doesn’t appear in box score (beside 1 turnover) for about  5 minutes when he makes a 3 pointer with his team down by 13 with 1:51 left.

Lebron shot 47.7%... 17.8 PPG.. 7.16 board.. 6.83 APG..

Let alone he had the largest dropoff of points by a 25.0+PPG regular season scorer in Finals history at 8.9.. His 47.7% comes from in the paint.. In the Game 2,4,5 loses he shot 3 for 21 outside the paint..

First 5 4[sup]th[/sup] Quarters.. He scored 11 points.. On 4-16 shooting. He was the 5[sup]th[/sup] highest scorer.. Even behind Jason Terry who played 70 minutes less and didn’t start..

1[sup]st[/sup] 10 games.. Lebron 19.5PPG.. Kobe 20.1 and as you know 1 game was 9 minutes where he left with a sprained ankle..
Kobe's record first 2 finals (8-3) 2 rings, and actually won the games, and whether you want to admit it or not without him Shaq would not win.. LeBron's record (2-8  0 rings..

Good luck to Bron trying to compete with Kobe's 3rd finals... Where he averaged 26.8 PPG..5.8 rebounds.. 5.3 assists... and shot 51.4 FG%  54.5 3P%

The fact that the Mavericks were allowed to celebrate in Miami says all you need to know about that city and its fanbase.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

When a reporter asks you abot failing, you don't spit into peoples faces about you living this great lifestyle. That's the problem with LeBron. He didn't go to Miami to win a championship. He went to Miami to live the lifestyle with 2 of his buddies. While yes they are obviously there to win basketball games, to me LeBron cares more about his lifestyle then he does about basketball. Telling people the night he choked, the series he quit on his teamates that at the end of the day "you have a 9-5" and I live this great ##+!@*% life. No one cares LeBron, cause at the end of the day, The Choosen One isn't the Choosen One if you don't have a ring on your finger. And money don't buy NBA Rings.

I thought Wade handled the reporters questions a lot better. LeBron just didn't seem to care. I know he was upset, but that's part of the game. As an athlete who is looked up by many and who wants to consider themself a star and one of the greats you have to learn to deal with what reporters will ask you. You need to learn to put on a smile, answer respectfully and move on. That's what you do when your in the spotlight.

People hated LeBron after The Decision. They hated them more after he lost in the Finals. I guerentee they hate him even more after that press conference.

It was a !$$!% move on his part. A lot of you will disagree, I don't mind. A true champion doesn't go out like LeBron just did, win or lose. Pathetic.
i'm surprised this isn't getting more play with the sports media today..

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

when is it ?
I remember that cowboys parade too 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I don't remember that, I was like 2
laugh.gif

But please don't tell me it'll be by Greenville were they always have those ST. Patrick's Day parades.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

please let it be downtown 

i dont think they have it in Greenville. its going to be in Downtown. Cant wait for next week. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by PoloLax

When a reporter asks you abot failing, you don't spit into peoples faces about you living this great lifestyle. That's the problem with LeBron. He didn't go to Miami to win a championship. He went to Miami to live the lifestyle with 2 of his buddies. While yes they are obviously there to win basketball games, to me LeBron cares more about his lifestyle then he does about basketball. Telling people the night he choked, the series he quit on his teamates that at the end of the day "you have a 9-5" and I live this great ##+!@*% life. No one cares LeBron, cause at the end of the day, The Choosen One isn't the Choosen One if you don't have a ring on your finger. And money don't buy NBA Rings.

I thought Wade handled the reporters questions a lot better. LeBron just didn't seem to care. I know he was upset, but that's part of the game. As an athlete who is looked up by many and who wants to consider themself a star and one of the greats you have to learn to deal with what reporters will ask you. You need to learn to put on a smile, answer respectfully and move on. That's what you do when your in the spotlight.

People hated LeBron after The Decision. They hated them more after he lost in the Finals. I guerentee they hate him even more after that press conference.

It was a !$$!% move on his part. A lot of you will disagree, I don't mind. A true champion doesn't go out like LeBron just did, win or lose. Pathetic.
i'm surprised this isn't getting more play with the sports media today..

it will, shows like PTI, Around the Horn will def talk about it.

Straight lame, celebrating with the Champs just because they can....sup like that Miami Heat hat back there...looking stupid like the rest of their fans.

Lol this thread went NUTS!

Lmao at people basically trying to use stats to compare LeBron's Finals vs Kobe's Finals. LeBron James = Karl Malone

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Lol this thread went NUTS!

Lmao at people basically trying to use stats to compare LeBron's Finals vs Kobe's Finals. LeBron James = Karl Malone
It is impossible because 2 different players.. But even with the stats Kobe came out on top which was the point I was trying to make..

Lebron really said this???

To hear James suggest that the world will have to return to its sad, little ordinary lives and he’ll still get to be LeBron James late Sunday night was a window into his warped, fragile psyche. It was sad, and portends to how disconnected to the world he truly is.

“They have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today … the same personal problems,

@essential1 I wasn't saying that LeBron was Karl Malone it's just that in the finals he looks to take the Malone route.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Lebron really said this???

To hear James suggest that the world will have to return to its sad, little ordinary lives and he’ll still get to be LeBron James late Sunday night was a window into his warped, fragile psyche. It was sad, and portends to how disconnected to the world he truly is.

“They have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today … the same personal problems,

Back
Top Bottom