Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

^ None of those guys are out for the year. Our two best pure hitters are gone for the year.

Who wouldn't take being 35 games over .500?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Whiteside did more than "fighting" in that instance than Vaginarino has or will ever come close to doing. Ramon Ramirez would've handled him accordingly. And yes we're slumping, yes we hate a lot of our offensive aspects, but every Giants fan on here will tell you we are doing way better than our personnel circumstances would leave you to believe if you weren't paying attention to the standings. If any critic told us at the beginning of the season we'd lose both Buster and Freddy for the year; Wilson for a few weeks, Ross, Panda, Zito, Jonathan Sanchez, Pat Burrell, Darren Ford, Miguel Tejada, Brandon Belt, Dan Runzler, Santiago Casilla, Mike Fontenot, and anybody else that I'm forgetting for a weeks at a time but still be in first place with only Arizona close behind going into the 2nd week of August, we would've all bought it. Twice.

Understandable. But at the same time if anyone told us we were going to lose Utley, Victorino, Lidge, Contreras, Oswalt, Madson, Blanton, and Polanco to the DL and still be 35 games over .500 at this point we would all take it too. Injuries are part of the game.
When you have a $175 million payroll, you can injuries are easier to sustain than Non-Yankee-esque type teams.

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Whiteside did more than "fighting" in that instance than Vaginarino has or will ever come close to doing. Ramon Ramirez would've handled him accordingly. And yes we're slumping, yes we hate a lot of our offensive aspects, but every Giants fan on here will tell you we are doing way better than our personnel circumstances would leave you to believe if you weren't paying attention to the standings. If any critic told us at the beginning of the season we'd lose both Buster and Freddy for the year; Wilson for a few weeks, Ross, Panda, Zito, Jonathan Sanchez, Pat Burrell, Darren Ford, Miguel Tejada, Brandon Belt, Dan Runzler, Santiago Casilla, Mike Fontenot, and anybody else that I'm forgetting for a weeks at a time but still be in first place with only Arizona close behind going into the 2nd week of August, we would've all bought it. Twice.

Understandable. But at the same time if anyone told us we were going to lose Utley, Victorino, Lidge, Contreras, Oswalt, Madson, Blanton, and Polanco to the DL and still be 35 games over .500 at this point we would all take it too. Injuries are part of the game.
When you have a $175 million payroll, you can injuries are easier to sustain than Non-Yankee-esque type teams.

In other news, Zito starting on monday.

sick.gif

**EDIT**Baggarly....you bastard! Tricked me with earlier tweet! Zito is pitching in San Jose on monday.
laugh.gif

In other news, Zito starting on monday.

sick.gif

**EDIT**Baggarly....you bastard! Tricked me with earlier tweet! Zito is pitching in San Jose on monday.
laugh.gif

I sick of Krukow's %!#$#*$$. Every time Huff or Torres gets a hit or something. "Folks, he's back!"
30t6p3b.gif

I sick of Krukow's %!#$#*$$. Every time Huff or Torres gets a hit or something. "Folks, he's back!"
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

30t6p3b.gif

Especially for Huff. It's like he disregards his two or three horrible AB's during the game.

30t6p3b.gif

Especially for Huff. It's like he disregards his two or three horrible AB's during the game.

I think Zito is suppose to be suspended, too. For leaving the dugout during the fight while on the DL.

I think Zito is suppose to be suspended, too. For leaving the dugout during the fight while on the DL.

^ He's been gone since Monday. But if he wasn't, pretty sure this would have done it.

Can't wait to hear what Gary and Damon have to say about it.

^ He's been gone since Monday. But if he wasn't, pretty sure this would have done it.

I think he's talking his night show on 1050. Idiotic comment from Bruno so I wouldn't be surprised if he's no longer on 1050 especially if this topic continues with the Giants.

I think he's talking his night show on 1050. Idiotic comment from Bruno so I wouldn't be surprised if he's no longer on 1050 especially if this topic continues with the Giants.

Back
Top Bottom