Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Originally Posted by What up

What debate do you want to have if you said "what happened happened?"  How is one to respond to that???
Basically what you did was come here to post the  final score and call Giants fans smug.  Still not sure if you know what that word means.

And to the guy telling me I need to get laid ... Excited to go back to school?  All your high school friends missed you this summer.
People were going back and forth about Victorino, and I gave my opinion on Victorino. Simple. If I said something that stumped you and left you clueless as to what to say, I won.

From what I've seen (on forums, Twitter, YouTube comments, news article comments), there are Giants fans that sit smug behind their World Series trophy saying they're "Champions" as some sort of fallback for not doing as well as they'd like this season. I posted the score as a reminder that right now, y'all ain't doing too hot. Courtesy of my Phillies the past 3 games (obligatory trash talk).

I didn't just "come in" here to post the score and call you smug. I came in here because I wanted to see what the feedback was on the brawl yesterday, as, like I stated, there aren't enough Phillies fans on this board to sustain a thread. I saw the argument on Victorino, I added my 2 cents. You decided to be ignorant.

This exchange is a joke.
30t6p3b.gif
I just spent a good 5 minutes of my time breaking down my post for you for the sole purpose of you understanding me.

I'll come back the next time we ever play each other.

Oh, and Whiteside is still a @!!!*.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by What up

What debate do you want to have if you said "what happened happened?"  How is one to respond to that???
Basically what you did was come here to post the  final score and call Giants fans smug.  Still not sure if you know what that word means.

And to the guy telling me I need to get laid ... Excited to go back to school?  All your high school friends missed you this summer.
People were going back and forth about Victorino, and I gave my opinion on Victorino. Simple. If I said something that stumped you and left you clueless as to what to say, I won.

From what I've seen (on forums, Twitter, YouTube comments, news article comments), there are Giants fans that sit smug behind their World Series trophy saying they're "Champions" as some sort of fallback for not doing as well as they'd like this season. I posted the score as a reminder that right now, y'all ain't doing too hot. Courtesy of my Phillies the past 3 games (obligatory trash talk).

I didn't just "come in" here to post the score and call you smug. I came in here because I wanted to see what the feedback was on the brawl yesterday, as, like I stated, there aren't enough Phillies fans on this board to sustain a thread. I saw the argument on Victorino, I added my 2 cents. You decided to be ignorant.

This exchange is a joke.
30t6p3b.gif
I just spent a good 5 minutes of my time breaking down my post for you for the sole purpose of you understanding me.

I'll come back the next time we ever play each other.

Oh, and Whiteside is still a @!!!*.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by So Slickening

This exchange is a joke.
30t6p3b.gif

I won.
And the thing is, I don't want to understand you.  You're dismissed.

Originally Posted by So Slickening

This exchange is a joke.
30t6p3b.gif

I won.
And the thing is, I don't want to understand you.  You're dismissed.

Whiteside did more than "fighting" in that instance than Vaginarino has or will ever come close to doing. Ramon Ramirez would've handled him accordingly. And yes we're slumping, yes we hate a lot of our offensive aspects, but every Giants fan on here will tell you we are doing way better than our personnel circumstances would leave you to believe if you weren't paying attention to the standings. If any critic told us at the beginning of the season we'd lose both Buster and Freddy for the year; Wilson for a few weeks, Ross, Panda, Zito, Jonathan Sanchez, Pat Burrell, Darren Ford, Miguel Tejada, Brandon Belt, Dan Runzler, Santiago Casilla, Mike Fontenot, and anybody else that I'm forgetting for a weeks at a time but still be in first place with only Arizona close behind going into the 2nd week of August, we would've all bought it. Twice.

Whiteside did more than "fighting" in that instance than Vaginarino has or will ever come close to doing. Ramon Ramirez would've handled him accordingly. And yes we're slumping, yes we hate a lot of our offensive aspects, but every Giants fan on here will tell you we are doing way better than our personnel circumstances would leave you to believe if you weren't paying attention to the standings. If any critic told us at the beginning of the season we'd lose both Buster and Freddy for the year; Wilson for a few weeks, Ross, Panda, Zito, Jonathan Sanchez, Pat Burrell, Darren Ford, Miguel Tejada, Brandon Belt, Dan Runzler, Santiago Casilla, Mike Fontenot, and anybody else that I'm forgetting for a weeks at a time but still be in first place with only Arizona close behind going into the 2nd week of August, we would've all bought it. Twice.

Not void per se. Just wondering what you were expecting out of Ford/Runzler this season that you had to include them in the list.

Not void per se. Just wondering what you were expecting out of Ford/Runzler this season that you had to include them in the list.

I'll give you Runzler, the pen is too good to even bother with his inconsistent fastball. Just added him because he was in the bigs when got hurt. Ford, though, for speed on the bases in late game situations. He's a proven commodity, small sample size, but he's still proven.

I'll give you Runzler, the pen is too good to even bother with his inconsistent fastball. Just added him because he was in the bigs when got hurt. Ford, though, for speed on the bases in late game situations. He's a proven commodity, small sample size, but he's still proven.

as far as i see it, our offense has always been the problem. even last year it was a problem, but we found ways to win the close games.

it's a bigger problem now, especially against the phillies because they have the lineup that can score some runs on us.

at the end of the day, it's about scoring one more run than the opponent and the giants are not just doing it.

the bats rely on the pitching too much to no allow any runs. the mets/astros/indians scored more runs than the giants before the trades we made to get beltran/keppinger/cabrera. since those lineups are better than the giants' lineup those guys could produce a little better. yeah they were brought over to help our lineup, but i think seeing how bad our lineup is with scoring runs and hitting, it affects the new acquisitions too. now they feel that they have to do it all themselves and probably hit 5-run homers every at bat.

ultimately, the dbacks are the only team in our way to make the playoffs. then once in the postseason, anything can happen. the postseason is another beast not that of the regular season.

yeah we've lost 3/4 against the phils (with one more pending), but this is just one series in a whole regular season's worth. the giants can keep going out there every day and try to win ball games, but as long as they win series until the end of the year they should be good. the phillies are taking it to us now because we took it to them when we were there two weeks ago.

with leroy on the mound later today, we have a good chance to win, but still our offense needs to dictate that.

as far as i see it, our offense has always been the problem. even last year it was a problem, but we found ways to win the close games.

it's a bigger problem now, especially against the phillies because they have the lineup that can score some runs on us.

at the end of the day, it's about scoring one more run than the opponent and the giants are not just doing it.

the bats rely on the pitching too much to no allow any runs. the mets/astros/indians scored more runs than the giants before the trades we made to get beltran/keppinger/cabrera. since those lineups are better than the giants' lineup those guys could produce a little better. yeah they were brought over to help our lineup, but i think seeing how bad our lineup is with scoring runs and hitting, it affects the new acquisitions too. now they feel that they have to do it all themselves and probably hit 5-run homers every at bat.

ultimately, the dbacks are the only team in our way to make the playoffs. then once in the postseason, anything can happen. the postseason is another beast not that of the regular season.

yeah we've lost 3/4 against the phils (with one more pending), but this is just one series in a whole regular season's worth. the giants can keep going out there every day and try to win ball games, but as long as they win series until the end of the year they should be good. the phillies are taking it to us now because we took it to them when we were there two weeks ago.

with leroy on the mound later today, we have a good chance to win, but still our offense needs to dictate that.

[table][tr][th="col"]R. Oswalt Phi
6646.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]4-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.79[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.77[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]160[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]59[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.33[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.18[/td][/tr][/table]
Philadelphia Phillies Lineup:
Rollins, SS
Victorino, CF
Utley, 2B
Howard, 1B
Pence, RF
Ibanez, LF
Ruiz, C
Martinez, 3B
Oswalt, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Cabrera, SS
Schierholtz, LF
Stewart, C
Lincecum, RHP

[table][tr][th="col"]R. Oswalt Phi
6646.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]4-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.79[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.77[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]160[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]59[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.33[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.18[/td][/tr][/table]
Philadelphia Phillies Lineup:
Rollins, SS
Victorino, CF
Utley, 2B
Howard, 1B
Pence, RF
Ibanez, LF
Ruiz, C
Martinez, 3B
Oswalt, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Cabrera, SS
Schierholtz, LF
Stewart, C
Lincecum, RHP

We've lost two of our best hitters for the season, our offensive MVP from last season is MIA, we've had plenty of injuries, our bats are no where to be seen right now, and our pitching hasn't been the greatest lately. Yet we're still in 1st? I'll take it! I was listening to Marty Laurie yesterday and people are out here on suicide watch. RELAX people!! There's still plenty of baseball to play. We'll be fine.

We've lost two of our best hitters for the season, our offensive MVP from last season is MIA, we've had plenty of injuries, our bats are no where to be seen right now, and our pitching hasn't been the greatest lately. Yet we're still in 1st? I'll take it! I was listening to Marty Laurie yesterday and people are out here on suicide watch. RELAX people!! There's still plenty of baseball to play. We'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Understandable. But at the same time if anyone told us we were going to lose Utley, Victorino, Lidge, Contreras, Oswalt, Madson, Blanton, and Polanco to the DL and still be 35 games over .500 at this point we would all take it too. Injuries are part of the game.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Understandable. But at the same time if anyone told us we were going to lose Utley, Victorino, Lidge, Contreras, Oswalt, Madson, Blanton, and Polanco to the DL and still be 35 games over .500 at this point we would all take it too. Injuries are part of the game.

^ None of those guys are out for the year. Our two best pure hitters are gone for the year.

Who wouldn't take being 35 games over .500?
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom