Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Wins however they come
pimp.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]R. Wells ChC
8160.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.53[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]62[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]189[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.48[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.15[/td][/tr][/table]
Chicago Cubs Lineup:
Castro, SS
DeWitt, 2B
Ramirez, 3B
Pena, 1B
Byrd, CF
Colvin, RF
Soriano, LF
Soto, C
Wells, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Cabrera, SS
Belt, LF
Stewart, C
Lincecum, RHP

Happy 34th birthday to ricerocket1's boy, Aaron Rowand!

[table][tr][th="col"]R. Wells ChC
8160.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.53[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]62[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]189[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.48[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.15[/td][/tr][/table]
Chicago Cubs Lineup:
Castro, SS
DeWitt, 2B
Ramirez, 3B
Pena, 1B
Byrd, CF
Colvin, RF
Soriano, LF
Soto, C
Wells, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Cabrera, SS
Belt, LF
Stewart, C
Lincecum, RHP

Happy 34th birthday to ricerocket1's boy, Aaron Rowand!

Why do we continue to watch this garbage night after night?

If we had the 20th best offense in the Major Leagues, we would be 15 games up on the DBacks.

Why do we continue to watch this garbage night after night?

If we had the 20th best offense in the Major Leagues, we would be 15 games up on the DBacks.

RIP

Keppinger - Bust
Beltran - Pretty much a bust considering the price tag
Cabrera - Bust

Not getting Belt enough at-bats this season - ******ed

RIP

Keppinger - Bust
Beltran - Pretty much a bust considering the price tag
Cabrera - Bust

Not getting Belt enough at-bats this season - ******ed

If we had ANY offense at all. Ranking aside, we don't have it. We have no plate discipline, etc.

Damon Bruce summed it all up in his rants today and I agree with it. I had my work league fantasy football draft today so I basically missed the game. Tuned in on the drive home to hear we're down 1-0. Figured, game's over.

I don't care how many injuries there are, it's inexcusable to have the line up we've had over the course of the last month. Tejeda should have been sent walking, DeRosa shouldn't be around/activated....Fontnote shouldn't bat lead off. Jesus christ.

Giants "offense" in regards to this season can be summed in two examples:

1) Tejada being a complete *$!%!!$ and shaking the bunt off yesterday. As stated on the radio today, yeah because Tejada is really raking the ball. #!$@ you Tejada, go away.
2) Pablo swinging at the first pitch he saw from the right side after not batting righty for weeks.

Lincecum gets worked and has a 29 pitch inning and all things considered, comes outok. Have we worked ANYONE like that this year?!

If a miracle happened that we did the unthinkable and made a run at it, it wouldn't be as sweet. To me, it'd be giving a reward for ineptitude and things wouldn't change like they need to.

If we had ANY offense at all. Ranking aside, we don't have it. We have no plate discipline, etc.

Damon Bruce summed it all up in his rants today and I agree with it. I had my work league fantasy football draft today so I basically missed the game. Tuned in on the drive home to hear we're down 1-0. Figured, game's over.

I don't care how many injuries there are, it's inexcusable to have the line up we've had over the course of the last month. Tejeda should have been sent walking, DeRosa shouldn't be around/activated....Fontnote shouldn't bat lead off. Jesus christ.

Giants "offense" in regards to this season can be summed in two examples:

1) Tejada being a complete *$!%!!$ and shaking the bunt off yesterday. As stated on the radio today, yeah because Tejada is really raking the ball. #!$@ you Tejada, go away.
2) Pablo swinging at the first pitch he saw from the right side after not batting righty for weeks.

Lincecum gets worked and has a 29 pitch inning and all things considered, comes outok. Have we worked ANYONE like that this year?!

If a miracle happened that we did the unthinkable and made a run at it, it wouldn't be as sweet. To me, it'd be giving a reward for ineptitude and things wouldn't change like they need to.

Back
Top Bottom