Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Originally Posted by What up

RIP

Keppinger - Bust
Beltran - Pretty much a bust considering the price tag
Cabrera - Bust

Not getting Belt enough at-bats this season - ******ed
I think Keppinger has been fine.  He is doing his job.   Beltran has been a joke.  Terrible. 
30t6p3b.gif

RIP

Keppinger - Bust
Beltran - Pretty much a bust considering the price tag
Cabrera - Bust

Not getting Belt enough at-bats this season - ******ed
I think Keppinger has been fine.  He is doing his job.   Beltran has been a joke.  Terrible. 
30t6p3b.gif

agreed.
I ain't even mad at kepp. at least he gives you meaningful at bats.

--huff just fouled ball off his foot. PLZ send him to the DL! plzzzzz

agreed.
I ain't even mad at kepp. at least he gives you meaningful at bats.

--huff just fouled ball off his foot. PLZ send him to the DL! plzzzzz

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

If a miracle happened that we did the unthinkable and made a run at it, it wouldn't be as sweet. To me, it'd be giving a reward for ineptitude and things wouldn't change like they need to.
You make a lot of good points but whats really going to change anyway? Not making the playoffs or making the playoffs and being bounced in the first round. Sanchez will hopefully be back healthy and so will Posey for 2012 Belt has found himself a spot in the lineup for years to come. Bochy has never $###+*! about injuries but I have a feeling Sabean is thinking (only if we were healthy)

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

If a miracle happened that we did the unthinkable and made a run at it, it wouldn't be as sweet. To me, it'd be giving a reward for ineptitude and things wouldn't change like they need to.
You make a lot of good points but whats really going to change anyway? Not making the playoffs or making the playoffs and being bounced in the first round. Sanchez will hopefully be back healthy and so will Posey for 2012 Belt has found himself a spot in the lineup for years to come. Bochy has never $###+*! about injuries but I have a feeling Sabean is thinking (only if we were healthy)

Posey may be healthy, but that doesn't mean he'll be the same. Especially as a catcher. I'm not a MLB caliber type, and I partially tore my achiles and about a year later I'm not the same. In fact, I know I'll always deal with it.

Sanchez being back is "eh" to me. He's good defensively, but Christ he's hurt, a LOT.

What needs to change is signing washed up pieces of %!#@ to contracts that ultimately put in the same position as we would be if we played our younger players.

Tejada we can all agree didn't need to be signed (especially at $6m).
Cabrerra?? Come on, I would have rather dealt with Crawford hitting .212 because he's better defensively and it'd only HELP him next year.
Yo-yoing Belt all year.
DeRosa coming back.
Huff getting signed for 2 years
Burrell for 1

I know hind sight is 20-20, but still.

Posey may be healthy, but that doesn't mean he'll be the same. Especially as a catcher. I'm not a MLB caliber type, and I partially tore my achiles and about a year later I'm not the same. In fact, I know I'll always deal with it.

Sanchez being back is "eh" to me. He's good defensively, but Christ he's hurt, a LOT.

What needs to change is signing washed up pieces of %!#@ to contracts that ultimately put in the same position as we would be if we played our younger players.

Tejada we can all agree didn't need to be signed (especially at $6m).
Cabrerra?? Come on, I would have rather dealt with Crawford hitting .212 because he's better defensively and it'd only HELP him next year.
Yo-yoing Belt all year.
DeRosa coming back.
Huff getting signed for 2 years
Burrell for 1

I know hind sight is 20-20, but still.

I do too.

Get better Nate. You wouldn't have allowed a stand up tripple to a guy named after tools.

I do too.

Get better Nate. You wouldn't have allowed a stand up tripple to a guy named after tools.

Beltran's hits would be timely if Keppinger gets on in front of him.

Hmm...

Im not going to look this up....but I feel like Beltran is ALWAYS up with runners on base.  He has as many double plays as a Giant as Aaron Rowand does this year.  His RISP average has to be attrocious. 

I feel like he has had chance after chance to win games for us and he has failed every time. 

Zack Wheeler aside.  Beltran has made zero impact as a Giant. 

Back
Top Bottom