Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Barry Zito's father has heart condition[/h1]
(02-17) 04:00 PST Scottsdale, Ariz. --Everyone understood that Barry Zito had a rough October, being excluded from the postseason rosters. Few outside the clubhouse knew he had far more to worry about. His father was seriously ill at the time.

Zito said this week that Joseph Zito was hospitalized with a heart condition Oct. 12, the day after the Giants clinched the Division Series against Atlanta. He remained hospitalized through the postseason and still has not gone home. Zito said his 82-year-old dad remains in a rehabilitation facility in Southern California.

Zito was reluctant to elaborate on the entire month, saying, "I don't really want to relive it right now. It's done. It's in the past. It was quite challenging. I'm just looking ahead. It was intense enough going through it."

Rotation-mate Matt Cain acknowledged it was a difficult time, saying, "We knew that his dad wasn't doing well. We were just trying to be there and supportive for him."

Lincecum, Wilson tweaks: Brian Wilson and Tim Lincecum were held out of most work Wednesday with aches that manager Bruce Bochy insisted were minor. Wilson had back pain and Lincecum a sore neck.

Wilson did not look right during a bullpen session Tuesday, but Bochy said the closer did not complain about back pain. Bochy expects Wilson and Lincecum to throw again today as scheduled.

Wilson left before reporters could quiz him. Lincecum said he must have slept wrong and had a slight headache to go with the neck pain.

"There's no reason to go crazy or worry about it," Lincecum said. "Everything's cool."

Briefly: Bochy said he would consult with new special assistant Lou Piniella on the ins and outs of trying to repeat. Piniella managed the Reds to a World Series title in 1990. ... Madison Bumgarner threw exceptionally in his first bullpen session of camp, keeping the ball down with good life on his pitches. Last spring he was out of whack mechanically.

No doubt the hate for Latos continues to grow in SF, but I wouldn't surprised if it is continuing to grow in San Diego, namely in the Padres clubhouse

No doubt the hate for Latos continues to grow in SF, but I wouldn't surprised if it is continuing to grow in San Diego, namely in the Padres clubhouse

Have any of you guys gone out to see the World Series trophy?

The trophy comes to Daly City tomorrow and I'm excited to see it.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

I attempted to go when the trophy stopped in Sacramento. Way too many people in line to take a quick photo of the trophy. A good amount of people in line weren't able to take photo's with the trophy either due to time.

I attempted to go when the trophy stopped in Sacramento. Way too many people in line to take a quick photo of the trophy. A good amount of people in line weren't able to take photo's with the trophy either due to time.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Thanks. I do plan on heading out early to see it hoping to avoid long lines. I live very close to where they'll be displaying it, so I work that to my advantage.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Thanks. I do plan on heading out early to see it hoping to avoid long lines. I live very close to where they'll be displaying it, so I work that to my advantage.

The Giants need to drill Latos at least once. I will be extremely disappointed if we dont.

The Giants need to drill Latos at least once. I will be extremely disappointed if we dont.

I'd rather have them lit him up for 5 earned runs and have him taken out before the 3rd inning.

You act as if it cant be both.  He needs to be drilled.  Period.

I'd rather have them lit him up for 5 earned runs and have him taken out before the 3rd inning.

Zito got Prince Fielder last year. I'm sure he's got his sights set on Latos this year.

Go get 'em Zeets!
devil.gif

Went to see the WS Trophy in Daly City today. It was raining and cold, but the wait wasn't that bad. Not as long as I expected actually.

Went to see the WS Trophy in Daly City today. It was raining and cold, but the wait wasn't that bad. Not as long as I expected actually.

Originally Posted by dland24

Latos and his ridiculous tattoo of a baseball's stitching going up his arm. Get him drilled. 
I am excited to see what Tejada can do. Hopefully he can be solid this year. 

Originally Posted by dland24

Latos and his ridiculous tattoo of a baseball's stitching going up his arm. Get him drilled. 
I am excited to see what Tejada can do. Hopefully he can be solid this year. 

Back
Top Bottom