Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Ryan Klesko.
laugh.gif

Boche looking out for Klesko but the Giants only allowing 2 days compared to Kent's 2 weeks
laugh.gif

Boche looking out for Klesko but the Giants only allowing 2 days compared to Kent's 2 weeks
laugh.gif

Repeat would be nice
pimp.gif

Then I could fly back home for the parade this time. Padres fans stayed hatin here after we took them out.

Repeat would be nice
pimp.gif

Then I could fly back home for the parade this time. Padres fans stayed hatin here after we took them out.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Barry Zito's father has heart condition[/h1]
(02-17) 04:00 PST Scottsdale, Ariz. --Everyone understood that Barry Zito had a rough October, being excluded from the postseason rosters. Few outside the clubhouse knew he had far more to worry about. His father was seriously ill at the time.

Zito said this week that Joseph Zito was hospitalized with a heart condition Oct. 12, the day after the Giants clinched the Division Series against Atlanta. He remained hospitalized through the postseason and still has not gone home. Zito said his 82-year-old dad remains in a rehabilitation facility in Southern California.

Zito was reluctant to elaborate on the entire month, saying, "I don't really want to relive it right now. It's done. It's in the past. It was quite challenging. I'm just looking ahead. It was intense enough going through it."

Rotation-mate Matt Cain acknowledged it was a difficult time, saying, "We knew that his dad wasn't doing well. We were just trying to be there and supportive for him."

Lincecum, Wilson tweaks: Brian Wilson and Tim Lincecum were held out of most work Wednesday with aches that manager Bruce Bochy insisted were minor. Wilson had back pain and Lincecum a sore neck.

Wilson did not look right during a bullpen session Tuesday, but Bochy said the closer did not complain about back pain. Bochy expects Wilson and Lincecum to throw again today as scheduled.

Wilson left before reporters could quiz him. Lincecum said he must have slept wrong and had a slight headache to go with the neck pain.

"There's no reason to go crazy or worry about it," Lincecum said. "Everything's cool."

Briefly: Bochy said he would consult with new special assistant Lou Piniella on the ins and outs of trying to repeat. Piniella managed the Reds to a World Series title in 1990. ... Madison Bumgarner threw exceptionally in his first bullpen session of camp, keeping the ball down with good life on his pitches. Last spring he was out of whack mechanically.

Back
Top Bottom