I'd be down for an NL West thread.

As for the rest of your post,
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I wonder if Bochy changes the starting rotation at all. Urban was on with D Bruce and said going with three lefty's in a row isn't out of the question but highly unlikely.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I wonder if Bochy changes the starting rotation at all. Urban was on with D Bruce and said going with three lefty's in a row isn't out of the question but highly unlikely.

I can't STAND Urban. I don't know where dude gets half of his information, and he just seems like a completely self-centered douche. We've had a few run-ins on twitter now, I'm surprised he hasn't blocked me.
laugh.gif

I can't STAND Urban. I don't know where dude gets half of his information, and he just seems like a completely self-centered douche. We've had a few run-ins on twitter now, I'm surprised he hasn't blocked me.
laugh.gif

WT45.....any reaction to my response to your post about Huff?

And I dont think an NL West thread is needed. Its really only Dodgers and Giants fans on here anyways.....and I have no problem voicing my opinions in the Dodger thread.
laugh.gif

WT45.....any reaction to my response to your post about Huff?

And I dont think an NL West thread is needed. Its really only Dodgers and Giants fans on here anyways.....and I have no problem voicing my opinions in the Dodger thread.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

There is no way in hell Huff is matching last years numbers, there's no real way around that.
I really dont understand why EVERYONE seems to be saying this.  Can someone explain why people everywhere seem to agree that he wont come close to duplicating his 2010 numbers (.290 BA, 26 HRs, 86 RBI)?  
People act as if Huff had a super career year in 2010, and put up some obscene numbers or something.  His last 3 year averages are .280 BA, 24 HR and 93 RBI.....and that includes his poor 2009 numbers which everyone just assumed were a reflection of him getting old and losing skill rather than just being a down year.  His last 3 year average is also right in line with his career average as well.  I think everyone is focusing too much on his down 2009 and not looking at his entire career (which is very underrated I might add).  Aubrey has been a beast since he started getting regular playing time and has always put up very good numbers.  In his 7 of his 11 seasons of seeing regular playing time, he hit 20+ homeruns.  If he hovers around his career averages in 2011, I am perfectly fine with that.  

I am not saying that there is ZERO chance that he regresses back to 2009 form, but I wouldnt count on it.  He may have slightly worse numbers in 2011 than he did last year.  But why is everyone making his 2010 out to be some astronomical season that he cant repeat is beyond me.  I think its a reflection of Aubrey playing for crap teams and people really not having the exposure to him.  People dont realize how good Aubrey has always been.  

I don't think he's been as consistent as you say he is. Out of the last 7 years, he's had two seasons that are worth writing home about ('08 and last year). The guy is only getting older, he's definitely not getting any better. Hence, falloff.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

There is no way in hell Huff is matching last years numbers, there's no real way around that.
I really dont understand why EVERYONE seems to be saying this.  Can someone explain why people everywhere seem to agree that he wont come close to duplicating his 2010 numbers (.290 BA, 26 HRs, 86 RBI)?  
People act as if Huff had a super career year in 2010, and put up some obscene numbers or something.  His last 3 year averages are .280 BA, 24 HR and 93 RBI.....and that includes his poor 2009 numbers which everyone just assumed were a reflection of him getting old and losing skill rather than just being a down year.  His last 3 year average is also right in line with his career average as well.  I think everyone is focusing too much on his down 2009 and not looking at his entire career (which is very underrated I might add).  Aubrey has been a beast since he started getting regular playing time and has always put up very good numbers.  In his 7 of his 11 seasons of seeing regular playing time, he hit 20+ homeruns.  If he hovers around his career averages in 2011, I am perfectly fine with that.  

I am not saying that there is ZERO chance that he regresses back to 2009 form, but I wouldnt count on it.  He may have slightly worse numbers in 2011 than he did last year.  But why is everyone making his 2010 out to be some astronomical season that he cant repeat is beyond me.  I think its a reflection of Aubrey playing for crap teams and people really not having the exposure to him.  People dont realize how good Aubrey has always been.  

I don't think he's been as consistent as you say he is. Out of the last 7 years, he's had two seasons that are worth writing home about ('08 and last year). The guy is only getting older, he's definitely not getting any better. Hence, falloff.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jeff Kent joins SF Giants as spring instructor
[/h1]

(02-16) 04:00 PST Scottsdale, Ariz. --

The prodigal MVP is coming home.

Jeff Kent, one of the best hitters to wear a San Francisco uniform, will don it again Tuesday when he joins the Giants for two weeks as a spring training instructor. His most important task might be to help sculpt Buster Posey into a cleanup hitter, Kent's role for most of his career.

Kent's return to the black and orange should further blur his image in Dodger blue. He played the final four seasons of a possible Hall of Fame career in Los Angeles, which turned him into a pariah in Northern California.

Kent always suggested he would disappear into his Texas ranch after retirement, but he wasted little time in accepting the Giants' invitation.

"He said he'd be honored," vice president of baseball operations Bobby Evans said. "He intimated he would be thrilled."

Like all special instructors, Kent will work with a variety of players. He might help rising prospect Charlie Culberson learn the finer points of playing second base, for instance. Reading between the lines, though, it seems the organization really wants Posey to tap into Kent's expertise as a middle-of-the-order run producer.

Brandon Belt might take a front-row seat in class as well.

"Sometimes it's just to hear how these guys approached games, how they approached at-bats, pressure situations, how they approached different pitchers, how they prepared for games," Evans said. "There's no question Jeff Kent knew how to get ready for a ballgame and knew how to approach every at-bat."

Kent helped the Giants reach the playoffs three times in his six seasons in San Francisco (1997-2002). In 900 regular-season games with the Giants, he hit .297 with 175 home runs and 689 RBIs.

He established himself as one of the best offensive second basemen in major-league history, besides being the ultimate Barry Bonds foil.

Kent left the Giants as a free agent after the 2002 World Series, signing with Houston. The divorce was not amicable, and became downright ornery when he signed with Los Angeles in 2005, declaring he always dreamed of being a Dodger. For four years, Giants fans booed him as lustily as they once cheered him.

The thaw began in 2009 when Kent was enshrined on the Giants' Wall of Fame. Fans cheered Kent during the ceremony at AT&T Park, and again last year when he participated in a reunion of the 2000 team. That was the year he was voted National League MVP.

Glad to see him still around. One of my favorites growing up.
25iowhi.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jeff Kent joins SF Giants as spring instructor
[/h1]

(02-16) 04:00 PST Scottsdale, Ariz. --

The prodigal MVP is coming home.

Jeff Kent, one of the best hitters to wear a San Francisco uniform, will don it again Tuesday when he joins the Giants for two weeks as a spring training instructor. His most important task might be to help sculpt Buster Posey into a cleanup hitter, Kent's role for most of his career.

Kent's return to the black and orange should further blur his image in Dodger blue. He played the final four seasons of a possible Hall of Fame career in Los Angeles, which turned him into a pariah in Northern California.

Kent always suggested he would disappear into his Texas ranch after retirement, but he wasted little time in accepting the Giants' invitation.

"He said he'd be honored," vice president of baseball operations Bobby Evans said. "He intimated he would be thrilled."

Like all special instructors, Kent will work with a variety of players. He might help rising prospect Charlie Culberson learn the finer points of playing second base, for instance. Reading between the lines, though, it seems the organization really wants Posey to tap into Kent's expertise as a middle-of-the-order run producer.

Brandon Belt might take a front-row seat in class as well.

"Sometimes it's just to hear how these guys approached games, how they approached at-bats, pressure situations, how they approached different pitchers, how they prepared for games," Evans said. "There's no question Jeff Kent knew how to get ready for a ballgame and knew how to approach every at-bat."

Kent helped the Giants reach the playoffs three times in his six seasons in San Francisco (1997-2002). In 900 regular-season games with the Giants, he hit .297 with 175 home runs and 689 RBIs.

He established himself as one of the best offensive second basemen in major-league history, besides being the ultimate Barry Bonds foil.

Kent left the Giants as a free agent after the 2002 World Series, signing with Houston. The divorce was not amicable, and became downright ornery when he signed with Los Angeles in 2005, declaring he always dreamed of being a Dodger. For four years, Giants fans booed him as lustily as they once cheered him.

The thaw began in 2009 when Kent was enshrined on the Giants' Wall of Fame. Fans cheered Kent during the ceremony at AT&T Park, and again last year when he participated in a reunion of the 2000 team. That was the year he was voted National League MVP.

Glad to see him still around. One of my favorites growing up.
25iowhi.gif

^ Read that article this morning. Nice to see him willing to help the team out this Spring. For whatever it's worth, Ryan Klesko is dropping in too. Haha.

^ Read that article this morning. Nice to see him willing to help the team out this Spring. For whatever it's worth, Ryan Klesko is dropping in too. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom