Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

I don't follow current boxing all that much, but I was still bummed to see Sugar died. RIP

R.I.P to an Absolute Legend of the Sport
pimp.gif

I normally love watching James Kirkland.  Dude obviously isn't a "sweet science" type of guy.  But most of his fights are exciting at least.  But he was pretty boring against Molina.  I don't know if it was the holding, if it was that he gave Molina too much respect, that he thought he was an actual boxer/counter puncher and not a brawler.  But whatever happened it was not that entertaining.
I hope there is a a rematch and i hope what ever ref gets it learns from this fight.  Monlina had Kirkland's right arm tied up for 80% of the fight.  He should have been deducted points but props to the Kirkland camp for not complaining and telling Molina at the end he had the fight won.  And kirkland wanted to keep fighting too which you got to love.

Morales...great effort but garcia was too much speed and power

Zab....slightly surprised at that performance 
laugh.gif

RIP Bert 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Did Paris even train for this fight? 
Trying to recall, and not sure if I am correct, but I could have sworn that during the fight one of the ringside commentators said he didnt watch any video of Zab prior to the fight.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Did Paris even train for this fight? 
Trying to recall, and not sure if I am correct, but I could have sworn that during the fight one of the ringside commentators said he didnt watch any video of Zab prior to the fight.
Yeah, thats what they said. He said he didn't need to. He thinks he is PBF
laugh.gif

R.I.P Bert Sugar, Legend.
pimp.gif

damn that's terrible i always enjoyed listening to him. always remember that cigar

RIP Bert Sugar..

Missed the fights, because was with my girl and her friends in her parents vacation home with no cable, lol..

Saw parts of Zab's fight and the ending of Kirkland's fight in youtube.  Seems like Kirkland has too much muscle and can't seem to pull the trigger fast enough.  Dude has mad heart though, and I love listening to Ann Wolfe in the corner
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

LMAO this dude is comedy

talkin cash $++% in between punches and ducking.

FLoyd's defense is on Sweet Pea's level wow

I think that was Omar Henry

Floyd stalked that round and it was Ugly

Comedy to hear him Talk %@%@ with every blow he throws or takes

and that was like half speed floyd. Jesus he has robbed us man of so many years of Great Fights

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

wow, that one dude just stopped
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He didnt want ANYMORE!!!

He tried to quit on the ropes a little earlier and floyd held him up and threw more punches and screamed

"Dont you ever Lay down on me"

Andre Dirrell said he's with the Money Team now

hmm omar henry...  that dude kinda has Cotto's style and a big left hook as well. 

Definitely respect Floyd's work ethic.  Dude isn't even gassed. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

wow, that one dude just stopped
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He didnt want ANYMORE!!!

He tried to quit on the ropes a little earlier and floyd held him up and threw more punches and screamed

"Dont you ever Lay down on me"

Andre Dirrell said he's with the Money Team now

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  lmao...  i missed that! tuned in a little late

Gunna, i don't have the best speakers..  Floyd mentioned Dirrell's name?  Is this Dirrell with the yellow headgear sparring right now?

n/m.... saw him switch from righty to southpaw... Must be Dre
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom