Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

i like broner better then all the other up and coming fighters right now. really good defense and power. he better stay in the lower weight class's tho.

Broner talented as hell....but he gives me that Berto vibe.

Not 100% sold on his boxing level yet.

He picks dudes apart just on pure speed but when he starts fighting dudes with his type of athletic ability, I can see him getting banged up.

Plus I don't think his power is gonna carry over to the higher weights.

berto never had this kind of defense tho.

Good shoulder roll/Philly shell but he's flat footed, with a wide stance to generate power.

Against a taller, naturally bigger fighter, who isn't moved by his power, I can see him getting worn down by body shots and stiff jabs.

Escobedo even caught him with some jabs tonight.

Could def see Rios beating him.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority.

But I like Broner.

He has good power and speed.

And many people may not want to admit this, but a boxer like Broner is good for boxing.

I may be in the minority.
But I like Broner.
He has good power and speed.
And many people may not want to admit this, but a boxer like Broner is good for boxing.

He has the ego needed and then some.

He just has A LOT of growing up to do. His camp doesn't seem too concerned nor is his family IMO. He has the tools but lacks big in professionalism. He knew he could coast through this fight. He better stay on top of his game though. He hasn't got the big pay day yet.

After all of the stunts he pulled yesterday, I'm off of the Broner train...

Totally unprofessional moves by that dude...and the fact that he was posting pics of Twinkies and sundaes while he couldn't make weight is a embarrassment...

Add that to the fact that he mocked Escobedo with the whole proposal thing (Escobedo proposed to his girlfriend in the ring after he lost to Robert Guerrero).

However, I'll admit, unless he gets clipped, it's going to take someone special to beat that guy. Also, it seems like his hometown supports him, so his fan base is rising.

I don't like that guy...And I'll be watching to see him lose... 

Broner tries to hard GBP protecting this kid. Bam Bam Rios vs Broner would be a great fight but will never happen. Bob Arum needs to come together with GBP & make great fights while these guys are at their primes.

Not a Broner fan although i respect his skills. But the fight was a blatant mismatch with the size discrepancy.

They are going to protect him and get his record as high as they can and just try to make him the next PBF. They want him to be 30-0 or better and with all his antics they will hope he has the "I am watching just because i want you to lose" crowd. I am not expecting him to fight any real contender any time soon.

Broner is a great talent but when is he going to fight some legitimate competition? For all that trash he talks, you would think he has been in the ring with some of the best.

I agree, time for him to step up the competition if he is in fact going to 135. A lot of good fights to be made.

He can only fight who they put in front of him. He doesnt dictate his career. Until he does, that type of talk is useless.

I get it but if he is going to 135, they have to put him in with someone live. He's improved a ton since the Ponce De Leon fight, he could handle it. A lot of good fights to be made there.

You guys see 50 cent making his own promotional company?

"The Money Team" Promotions.

He's already licensed and everything. And supposedly he's looking at signing Gamboa and Dirrell.

Fifty on dat ultimate hustle.

You guys see 50 cent making his own promotional company?
"The Money Team" Promotions.
He's already licensed and everything. And supposedly he's looking at signing Gamboa and Dirrell.
Fifty on dat ultimate hustle.

That would be genius; 50 has that business knowledge
Plus being in the industry with Floyd for a while is definitely a boost for him

Gamboa would be an excellent signing for 50

Well this blows:

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Two fights ppd because of injury: Cloud-Pascal and Wilfredo Vazquez-Rafael Marquez. What a bummer. #boxing

Mayweather Promotions never had its license so "The Money Team" Promotions makes sense should they want to get into that business.

Back
Top Bottom