Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Martinez is that dude

Yeah, you gotta give it up to Sergio. Dude has never backed down from anyone, and is willing to put his chin out there to defend his name, and did so even when he dominated the first 11 rounds. Amazing. Aren't many fighters I can think of that will still dish it out like that after such a shutout.

Also props to JCC Jr. for going balls to the wall, trying to get rid of Sergio. JCC Jr. earned himself a lot of money with that 12th round.

If that had went 13, I don't think Sergio might've made it.

Great fights all-around. I was surprised to see Maidana do so well, especially when he was in trouble. We'd seen that from him before recently, but he made it out.

Canelo showed once again that he can get hit. He's lucky he has the massive size advantage, and strength advantage. Lopez showed a lot of heart, but he just couldn't hurt Canelo.

Great ending Sergio deserves major props for surviving the fight he fought a Chavez who weighed probably 185 +

Let Martinez get another big money fight he is seeking Floyd or Canelo. Maravilla deserves it he outboxed Chavez for 11 rounds i was scared in the 12th round. Martinez didn't hold at all still tried to fight a war with Chavez. Martinez has the heart of a champion.

Restaurant was going wild in the 12th round, Hell of a round. JCC Jr. had lost my throughout the fight, But dude got it back in the 12th. Just the thought of dude almost winning by KO, Man...

Respect for Martinez, Even though I wanted Jr. to win, I knew dude wasn't going to make it just by watching 24/7.

Canelo Alvarez. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Daniel Ponce de Leon. :pimp:

Congrats to Martinez, well deserved. Crazy ending tho!

I want to see Canelo Vs Martinez or Mayweather  or Mayweather vs Martinez
nthat.gif

man chavez first L :smh:.. that was a good fight in the end... i wish julio was like that through out the fight instead of the 12 round... sergio definitely came through and is not overrated like i said... ill eat my words n admit im wrong... but i still think he can be beat in a rematch with julio or ward beating him... i would like to see that ward fight that would be interesting

Ward is too big for Martinez

I just don't see it bruh, Well depending on the weight they fight in, Andre might have a chance. Just look at Andre's resume, Dude hasn't fought any big names or hasn't had any competition. Not saying he's overrated, But he hasn't impressed me. Simple...

How about 168, which is the most reasonable? I really hope you are being sarcastic. Otherwise :rofl: :rofl:. Chavez probably can't take on Allan Green.

I just don't see it bruh, Well depending on the weight they fight in, Andre might have a chance. Just look at Andre's resume, Dude hasn't fought any big names or hasn't had any competition. Not saying he's overrated, But he hasn't impressed me. Simple...

Froch, Abraham, Kessler, Dawson are nobodies now? OK.

Your body is made up of like 85% water or something, so you can lose a ton of weight just by sweating it out

Doesn't quite work like that.

Ward isn't nearly as reckless as Sergio can be in the ring. Any fight with Ward will be a dog fight, without a doubt.

Ward is way too big for Canelo right now anyways. Saul's dominance right now has a lot to do with how much stronger he is than a lot of other boxers, and tonight was witness to that.

GGG/Sergio, maybe. I think JCC Jr. gets dominated in a fight against Ward.

There's still a lot of guys that Canelo can fight. I still think he's 2-3 more fights away from someone like Floyd, but Floyd's in-ring status is up in the air right now anyways. I'm the Welterweight-Middleweight divisions, there's lots of guys to fight, but I think he dominates every WW other than Floyd. Whatever the weight be, I don't see Timothy Bradley, Ghost, or Paulie being a problem for Canelo. I don't believe in Vic Ortiz, or Berto right now.

As for Ward though, who knows.

i'm hearing there is a rematch talks for Martinez vs JCC Jr for 2013 in Cowboys stadium not sure if true.

GGG is still a no name to the public so he won't fight Sergio.

Last edited:

Before the tournament, Andre Ward was basically a nobody. Now he's a star. I can see where you're coming from saying that he doesn't impress you, but he's fought and dominated every man they've put in front of him. The Light Heavyweight division right now isn't anything to write home about. Who in that division can you see having a good shot against Ward? He just took down Dawson, easily. Froch, Abraham, Kessler he's put down. I don't think Bute would be much of a challenge, nor someone like Dirrell or Pavlik.

The guys @ 160 I just think are too comfortable where they're at. GGG, MAYBE. Sergio, MAYBE.

Back
Top Bottom