Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

what's sad is some people think there needs to be a rematch...
:lol:

I don't think there's a need for a rematch because besides the 12th round Sergio gave JCC a boxing lesson for 11 rounds he could have coasted through the 12th round and there wouldn't have been the knockdown.

Martinez deserves Mayweather, Canelo, Pacquiao, Cotto those are big time money fights can sell anywhere.

Update is that Martinez broke his left hand and has a tear in his right knee.

Martinez is in the hospital as we speak.

Shows how much of a damn warrior Martinez is.

Last edited:
what's sad is some people think there needs to be a rematch...

why is that sad? bc boxinghype says so?

Its not like JCC fought a great fight. **** he didnt even fight an avg fundamental fight. He followed Sergio around. never cut off the ring, and never jabbed.

His body work wasnt piling up like usual

Sergio did his Normal Sergio impression, herky jerky run around pot shot and answer getting hit with flurries.

JCC walked Thru all of Sergio's punches

I would def like to see a rematch. What else is out there for Sergio? Nothing. and a JCC rematch is another big money event. even after a tune up fight for each.

Sergio aint fighting Ward Ever. He dont want None of those Problems

Last edited:
I just don't see it bruh, Well depending on the weight they fight in, Andre might have a chance. Just look at Andre's resume, Dude hasn't fought any big names or hasn't had any competition. Not saying he's overrated, But he hasn't impressed me. Simple...
lmaooo

chavez better skip the whole middle weight division cause he cant step to froch,ward, bute or direll.

ESPN deportes asked Sergio if he wants Ward he said it would be a great fight. i think Ward is too big. JCC walked through all of Sergio's punches because of JCC weight gain.

I didn't watch the Canelo vs Josesito fight, but that didn't prove anything just that Canelo can beat a 140 pound fighter.

I had no idea JCCjr would be able to take those straight lefts and not touch the canvas.

maybe I underestimated his chin and overestimated that Overhand Left of a Honey punch that Sergio hit Pun with

Its not like JCC fought a great fight. **** he didnt even fight an avg fundamental fight. He followed Sergio around. never cut off the ring, and never jabbed.
Sergio did his Normal Sergio impression, herky jerky run around pot shot and answer getting hit with flurries.
I would def like to see a rematch. What else is out there for Sergio? Nothing. and a JCC rematch is another big money event. even after a tune up fight for each.

What in the world is boxinghype?

Exactly at the bolded.

why in the world do you want to see a rematch of chavez not doing much and sergio teaching jr. a lesson for 11 rounds?

I say he can get a cotto fight or even a canelo fight. Edit: Forgot to add Golovkin.

Last edited:
chavez will never in his life win more than 4 rounds against a top 20 p4p fighter IMO

as for canelo , i havent watched him in about a year but he look VERY flat footed

fighting hattons brother , his punches was about anything either

kind of reckless.

Last edited:
There doesn't need to be a rematch, but I can see both sides here. Jr. knows he can hurt Martinez, but he also knows Martinez can hurt him. And you're right, Gunna. There's no money to be made anywhere else for Martinez outside of Chavez (save for Mayweather or Pacquiao, but that ain't happening).

But I wouldn't say Chavez walked through his punches. He took a lot of them well, but there were also a good number of stretches where Chavez tried to rally but Sergio backed him up with pot and body shots. His uppercuts were pretty vicious also.

wow my bad. fighthype.

bc no fighters can make adjustments in fight plans going into a rematch.

Look at Perro fresh outta the Bing :smh:

wow my bad. fighthype.
bc no fighters can make adjustments in fight plans going into a rematch.

Look at Perro fresh outta the Bing :smh:

That's not my point.

I didn't get that idea from fighthype either, I got it from all the people on boxingscene saying there should be a rematch.

I see no point in a rematch, Chavez obviously has problems with mobile fighters and didn't do crap but cover up and throw 8 punches a round.

Sergio schooled his *** with a broken left hand and a torn right knee.

I'd prefer sergio to fight even GGG over a rematch.

Last edited:
you can choose to believe Sergio fought moving arpound on a torn knee, I dont.

He tore his knee in the 12th. I'd bet on that.

and I didnt dispute Sergio giving out a boxing lesson. the question is could there be a better approach and different outcome, I believe it can happen.

Carlos Quintana gave Paul Williams a Boxing Lesson, rematch, Paul Knocked him out in round 1.

a fight is still a fight.

Last edited:
Or he could end up like Trinidad and never adapt to mobile boxers.

Personally I'd like to see JCCjr/GGG. They could meet in the middle of the ring and not move the entire time. Just stand and slug, best chin wins.

you can choose to believe Sergio fought moving arpound on a torn knee, I dont.
He tore his knee in the 12th. I'd bet on that.
and I didnt dispute Sergio giving out a boxing lesson. the question is could there be a better approach and different outcome, I believe it can happen.
Carlos Quintana gave Paul Williams a Boxing Lesson, rematch, Paul Knocked him out in round 1.
a fight is still a fight.

The Quintana rematch only happened because people expected Paul to whoop Quintana as Quintana was a huge underdog in that fight.

a lot of people expected Sergio to win this fight, and he did so in dominating fashion.

Last edited:
Didnt Sugar Ray fight a completely different fight the 2nd time around vs Duran ...

Im just hoping there is some glimmer of a possiblity that you can acknowledge that rematches dont always go the same way as the 1st fight

Didnt Sugar Ray fight a completely different fight the 2nd time around vs Duran ...
Im just hoping there is some glimmer of a possiblity that you can acknowledge that rematches dont always go the same way as the 1st fight

I'm not denying that rematches can be very different.

I have no idea how you can up with the conclusion that I was denying that. I'm simply implying that there is no need for a rematch when Sergio dominated Chavez 11 out of the 12 rounds.

I don't think the sugar ray fight was like that at all.

I know you may think i'm stupid when it comes to boxing (implying that I might not know that rematches can go very differently).

But most rematches are justified. Sergio dominated the entire fight and Chavez had one good round in which sergio got lazy and chavez caught him good.

so if chavez didn't knock down sergio in the 12th, would you still be clamouring for a rematch?

Why a rematch for a fight that wasn't even close... Chavez Jr. made his bones beating up smaller sub par fighters but when put in the ring against a top fighter he's beat convincingly, couldn't bully Sergio around. Most boxing fans feel like Chavez Jr. still has to prove himself

Sergio knew the fight was his by the 12th round & let Chavez Jr think he had a chance... Got knocked dwn but like a true champ got back up & won the fight....

Sergio - 11 rounds :smokin
Chavez - 1 round

Last edited:
of course martinez is going to want ward he is a 37 fighter that is just now gettng big money fights, he will want anyone from 147-168 that will make him $$$

some of yall give ward zero credit at all, he will beat the crap out of both JCC and martinez. and he wouldnt beat canelo?
roll.gif

i see your point jay but i dont see the point of a rematch like others, its not like JCC came into the fight out of shape or got knocked out by a lucky punch he fought the fight the way people said he should and got out class and box all night.

Was it me or did it seem like Sergio didn't really put a big left hand out there? I felt like he could have thrown some harder punches at points. I'm still catching up on the undercard fights and I'm gonna watch it again. First thoughts are I don't think I need to see a rematch. I could see your side Jay but 160 is DEEP as hell and Sergio has earned a big money fight IMO. There are a ton of fights out there ( for Sergio and I don't think Jr will fight any differently. From what I remember, he got hit with two straight lefts and stopped stalking for a few rounds.

BTW, Ward demolishes anyone at MW who decides to test 168.

Was it me or did it seem like Sergio didn't really put a big left hand out there? I felt like he could have thrown some harder punches at points. I'm still catching up on the undercard fights and I'm gonna watch it again. First thoughts are I don't think I need to see a rematch. I could see your side Jay but 160 is DEEP as hell and Sergio has earned a big money fight IMO. There are a ton of fights out there ( for Sergio and I don't think Jr will fight any differently. From what I remember, he got hit with two straight lefts and stopped stalking for a few rounds.
BTW, Ward demolishes anyone at MW who decides to test 168.

160 is deep in talent, but not big money makers. That is why I think a Chavez rematch is very likely.

I just don't see it bruh, Well depending on the weight they fight in, Andre might have a chance. Just look at Andre's resume, Dude hasn't fought any big names or hasn't had any competition. Not saying he's overrated, But he hasn't impressed me. Simple...

Back
Top Bottom