Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Damn, sot dead coming out of a restaurant celebrating a family member's birthday. RIP...Shoot I remember when he beat Klitschko back in '02 or '03...

RIP Corrie Sanders i remember when he beat Wladimir Klitschko i was surprised and those hard punches when he landed. He was hyped when he won.

RIP Corrie Sanders i remember when he beat Wladimir Klitschko i was surprised and those hard punches when he landed. He was hyped when he won.

He threw bombs in that fight RIP to Corrie Sanders that is sad news.

Man, not too excited about Pac vs JMM again......

Any word on Sergio vs JCC Jr. rematch yet? did JCC have a rematch clause?

Edit: this is going to sound stupid but you really get suspended for a year for testing positive for Marijuana? Not even going to talk to the idiocy it must take for him to smoke so close to the match or during camp.

Last edited:
JCC is probably going to get suspended for a year maybe more. I doubt they'll have discussed that any further for now and I doubt Sergio goes to Mexico to fight him.

JCC is probably going to get suspended for a year maybe more. I doubt they'll have discussed that any further for now and I doubt Sergio goes to Mexico to fight him.
and martinez is going to need knee surgery, proably cant fight till may.

i watch the replay of the fight looks like he messed his knee up on the 2nd fall in the 12th round.

arum offered HBO bradley VS bum judah on the east coast and they turned it down.

I have no interest in seeing Zab Judah fight for the rest of my life.. :lol:

Same with Paulie. Two dudes I just can't stand.

But uhh, Ghost VS Bradley? Where do I sign up. :nerd:

i love his jab , but cotto is smart ....trout is gonna have to outbox + press his foot on the gas in the later rounds to beat cotto

Trout is a bit inexperienced but he's taller, younger, and less damaged. This will be his moment if he overcomes Cotto.

Last edited:
Wow looks like Ghost vs Bradley might happen after all set for Dec. 15 on HBO. Hopefully it goes through.

Same here Crooks. I'm seeing the light that Jay has been shining on Ghost the last few years :lol: and I just don't like anything about Bradley.

TR and GBP will always have something to fight about. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Never liked Guerrero since he "quit" against Daud Yordan it was a big turn off for me bc the cut didn't seem big.

i will never like Bradley

Guerrero and his team very much want the fight with Bradley (29-0, 12 KOs) for the encore. Guerrero was already rebuffed by Adrien Broner and, although Golden Boy offered him a fight with Andre Berto, Guerrero didn't want the fight because he didn't think it sent the right message to face a guy who was just busted for steroid use
roll.gif
YA RIGHT!!

what point does he have? berto is a big name and a money fight and thats what boxers want right? thats what he has been looking for.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=57503#ixzz27VtRXlhb
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) denies that he was offered and/or turned down a guarantee of $13 million dollars to fight Manny Pacquiao in a rematch on December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, had recently told reporters in Las Vegas that he was stunned when Cotto turned down such a high amount of money in favor of taking a fight with unbeaten 154-pound champion Austin Trout on December 1. Pacquiao would then finalize a fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez.

Cotto told BoxingScene.com that Pacquiao's camp tried to gain an advantage by making him go down to 150-pounds. He says the weight demand was the main reason for the fight falling apart.

"That's not true. That's not true. The main reason of the Pacquiao conversation is that he wants me to go down to 150 - the same as in 2009 when they made me go down to 145 - [so] they can take advantage of that. That was the real reason [for refusing the rematch]. [Back in 2009] the inexperience made me do it, but I'm not going to do it again [fight Pacquiao at a catch-weight]," Cotto told BoxingScene.com

it was already said that arum was full of **** throwing cotto name around

Back
Top Bottom