Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Yup, 140 for this one.

He looks horrible coming into this fight

If you read the letter from Smalls to Mayweather in Jail, it seems Haymon is caking off Floyd more than Floyd knows. Tommy & 50 were trying to make floyd aware and get him to cut ties because of the under the table deal Al has with Home box office.

Rios looks so dead at 140 he is so weight drained.

Manny Pacquiao Signs Extension

MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. -- Manny Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division champion, has signed a contract extension with promoter Top Rank that will keep the Filipino icon with the company through the end of 2014, chairman Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Friday.

"Manny's contract with Top Rank runs out on Dec. 31, 2013, and we've extended the contract for yet another year, to Dec. 31, 2014," Arum said before the weigh-in for Saturday's Nonito Donaire-Toshiaki Nishioka junior featherweight championship fight. Arum said the deal was ironed out last month when Pacquiao was in the United States for the media tour to promote his fourth fight against Juan Manuel Marquez, a welterweight showdown Dec. 8 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"I'll confirm that Manny has signed an extension," Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's adviser, told ESPN.com. "The extension was done very quickly. A few phone calls back and forth, and it was done. It was a 10-minute thing at the most.

"Manny and I went through the contract before he flew home to the Philippines (after the media tour), but the discussions were between me and Arum, and then maybe two or three phone calls between me and Manny, and the extension was done in a matter of 10 minutes. It was not a lengthy process."

Arum also said Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KOs) received a $1 million signing bonus with the opportunity to receive another $1 million "if there are two fights in 2014. But a million, he's got already." Koncz would not confirm the dollar amount.

"He said he's happy for the deal and happy for the bonus, but there was no way he was going to leave me until his career was over," Arum said. "It wasn't like he was putting any pressure on me (for the extension). I don't want to give that impression. He certainly wasn't."

Arum also said that while Pacquiao was scheduled to return to the United States on Sunday to begin his training camp next week for the Marquez fight at trainer Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, Calif., he had decided to delay his arrival until Oct. 27, but will work out in the Philippines in the meantime. One of the reasons for the delay is his congressional schedule, said Arum, who had hoped Pacquiao would turn his total focus to preparing for the fight and put his political career on the backburner for the next two months.

so this means the Pacquaio vs Floyd fight will never happen.

Last edited:
If you read the letter from Smalls to Mayweather in Jail, it seems Haymon is caking off Floyd more than Floyd knows. Tommy & 50 were trying to make floyd aware and get him to cut ties because of the under the table deal Al has with Home box office.
i seen that and you add in most of al haymon fighters are with golden boy. but he still gets his fighters the best money deal and fights on network TV when they shouldnt be. floyd makes 20 million and up a fight, how much they really taken?

im pretty sure is way more to this story tho

i seen that and you add in most of al haymon fighters are with golden boy. but he still gets his fighters the best money deal and fights on network TV when they shouldnt be. floyd makes 20 million and up a fight, how much they really taken?

im pretty sure is way more to this story tho

That doesn't mean that Haymon is not splitting money with Golden Boy and MGM that Floyd does not see. Why is everyone making it seem like 50 went behind Floyd's back to set him up? Originally he said he wanted to bring in Manny anyway.

rios fight was crazy... i thought alvarado had it but then rios came out of nowhere with that KO... great fight though :pimp:

Amazing Rios and Alvarado threw bombs in the ring.

i think Rios has a better shot at beating Pacquiao than Rios beating JMM.

Rios would lose & have a tough time with JMM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom