Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

After watching 24/7 I completely changed my mind about this Chavez jr vs Martinez fight, first time 24/7 made me change my opinion of a fight. I thought Chavez Jr was going to give Sergio a tough fight, but not anymore. I knew dude was lazy but damn, training in his kitchen? I don't get why Freddie Roach coming of the 2 big losses for his prime fighter stays with Chavez, he cant be that desperate for the money.

As far as Manny, Marquez was the only real option. Wouldn't be surprised if Manny wins this fight but Marquez gets the decision over him

Last edited:
never happened before .

Agreer with Demps

like who has Chavez really fought he never fought a true champion like Pavlik, Punisher etc. don't give me John Duddy or Andy Lee bc i don't really give them champion status.

Sergio has all the advantages. Can't wait for Saturday FOTY for sure :nthat: WarMartinez

Also, i hate the fact that JCC and others on Youtube, blogs etc bring up the fact that Martinez got KO'd by Margarito like seriously that happened 12 years ago in 2000 that was a different Sergio not the same fighter he's improved since then.

Last edited:
Which part are you saying definitely to Jay?

that Punisher had a granite chin and that if Sergio connects one of those Honey Punches its over.

JCCjr takes Alot of clean shots and takes em well. but never been cracked by a fighter like Sergio cracked paul.

that Punisher had a granite chin and that if Sergio connects one of those Honey Punches its over.
JCCjr takes Alot of clean shots and takes em well. but never been cracked by a fighter like Sergio cracked paul.

Ah ok, I thought you were saying definitely to the first part and I was racking my brain trying to think who Jr has fought like that. I'd say Lee put together a lot of good right hook/left hand combos on him but he's not a big puncher like Sergio. When that first left hand lands, we'll know how the fight will end.

Ah ok, I thought you were saying definitely to the first part and I was racking my brain trying to think who Jr has fought like that. I'd say Lee put together a lot of good right hook/left hand combos on him but he's not a big puncher like Sergio. When that first left hand lands, we'll know how the fight will end.

Zbik gave Chavez a lot of trouble but i just dont see Martinez running over JR because of his size
I want Martinez to win but i just dont see it happening especially if it goes to Decision

I got Chavez winning by late KO. I see Sergio getting old right before our eyes. I think Sergio likes to fight in spurts thanks in large part to him being 37 years old.  he seems to start strong then take off a few rounds towards the middle of the fight then he gets his second win and closes out strong. I see the fight playing out a lot like Sergio previous loss to Margarito. Margarito was too big,strong, & relentless for Sergio.  Sergio punches had absolutely no affect on Margs, eventually Sergio just wilted away and got stopped more out of exhaustion from being walked down. Chavez is going to force Sergio to fight at a pace he is uncomfortable wit by being in his face the whole fight and  chopping at his body.

The disparity of class of opponents the two have faced is tremendous. Sergio has fought tough competition his last couple fights: Paul Williams, Kelly Pavlik, Kermit "the leaper" Cintron & Sergei Dzinziruk. Who has Chavez Jr. faced? Nobody. He's taking an astronomical step up in competition in this fight. And it doesn't seem like he's training for that level of competition. He's training (and I use that word loosely) in his living room and backyard. Who does that?

Sergio got this. As long as Sergio stays the slick boxer he is, I think his speed and power will be too much for Chavez Jr.

Has there been any word on the size of the ring for the fight?

Zbik has pillows for fists, he's an action fighet/volume puncher.

I am leaning towards Maravilla, the step up in class is signifacnt for JCC Jr., not to say he isnt world class, but the resume just isnt there for me to pick him

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=57010#ixzz26N7nlDlw
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Multiple sources have advised BoxingScene.com that TMT Promotions, the promotional company recently started by rapper 50 Cent, is already closing shop.

Back in July, 50 Cent announced the formation of TMT Promotions, and quickly signed Yuriorkis Gamboa, Billy Dibb, Celestino Caballero and Andre Dirrell. He also obtained a promoter's license in New York and Las Vegas.

There was talk of friction between 50 Cent and Mayweather, but never confirmed.

The lawyer for featherweight champion Billy Dib was reportedly advised by attorney Sekou Gary, that "50 Cent was no longer in boxing" and his promotional contract was being moved to Mayweather Promotions. Gary represented Gamboa when he left Top Rank for TMT. He currently represents James Kirkland in his lawsuit against Golden Boy.

Gary declined comment when reached Wednesday night by BoxingScene.com.

A manager involved with another TMT boxer told BoxingScene - "we have no idea what's going. Everything is up in the air right now."

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=57016#ixzz26N86otwz
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has confirmed that eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, and rapper 50 Cent, are going to move forward with a joint promotional venture - according to Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz.

In an earlier story, multiple sources advised BoxingScene that TMT Promotions, the promotional company recently started by 50 Cent, was already closing shop.

Back in July, 50 Cent announced the formation of TMT Promotions, and quickly signed Yuriorkis Gamboa, Billy Dibb, Celestino Caballero and Andre Dirrell. He also obtained a promoter's license in New York, and submitted paperwork to get a license in Las Vegas.

There was talk of friction between 50 Cent and Mayweather, but never confirmed.

The lawyer for featherweight champion Billy Dib was reportedly advised by attorney Sekou Gary, that "50 Cent was no longer in boxing" and his promotional contract was being moved to Mayweather Promotions. Gary represented Gamboa when he left Top Rank for TMT. He currently represents James Kirkland in his lawsuit against Golden Boy.

Gary declined comment when reached Wednesday night by BoxingScene.com.

Koncz tell BoxingScene that Pacquiao and 50 Cent are going to come together to form their own promotional company, and Mayweather was initially discussed as a partner - but he doesn't appear to be involved.

"50 Cent and I have been talking now for maybe the last two months. They approached us with the idea to form a promotional company. Initially it was going to be 50 Cent, Manny and Floyd. But right now I don't think Floyd is going to be a part of it. I explained the idea to Manny. We already have a promotional company, MP Promotions, and we have already done three separate promotions from Top Rank...on a small scaler. I have to take the blame for that. I'm in charge of it. There is an element missing there, but I have so much to do with Manny - that I haven't got that company to where I want it," Koncz told BoxingScene.com.

"I think with 50 Cent, with his entertainment connections and his popularity there, combining that with Manny's popularity and expertise in boxing - we can bring a new flavor to boxing - we can excite some young boxers and I think we can sign some top quality boxers. I spoke to 50 Cent tonight and confirmed that we're going to go forward. Manny is coming here this weekend for other business, but we're all excited about it. With 50's influence in the music industry - we want to put a different flavor on the shows."

"On pay-per-view events maybe we won't do four fights. Maybe we'll do two fights and a mini-concert in-between or something. A different angle on it. People know Manny cares about other boxers and I think that's going to be important when we go out and sign other quality boxers who may not know 50 Cent but on the other hand know Manny and know his generous character to other boxers."

^
wtf..

but can this possibly mean the PBF - paquia fights is going to happen next year?

paquia trying to get as much money as possible and not giving any to arum?

Last edited:
never happened before .
paul williams never hit the canvas looking like eli porter before either.

i like chavez anyone who has a nice a childhood as his that

decides to prizefight is ok in my book , i love his body punch

but sergio is  a slippery dude , you gotta be seasoned with top tier

talent to approach him IMO , sergio fights well going back IMO too contrary

to what my uncle thinks lmao

should be a decent fight , i got martinez by UD

Last edited:
the game is chess not checker, they trying to take aurm out the picture and make the mega fight and have all the money stay between them. 50 and floyd ant stupid

the game is chess not checker, they trying to take aurm out the picture and make the mega fight and have all the money stay between them. 50 and floyd ant stupid

But why announce it now, so Arum can think of someway to fix this fight in Marquez favor?

Just finished watching both episodes of 24/7
JCC trying to do the Floyd Mayweather training regimen, training "whenever he want's and at all hours of the night" :lol:
The way it's edited makes him look lazy, don't know if it's the editing or he really is

Back
Top Bottom