Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

I had heard they wanted all the way back down to 147 for a Cotto fight.
i kept reading 150, but the main point was cotto was never really in the picture and arum was throwing his name around for the public to see, it was always JMM or bradley. i mean we all knew from last time around cotto is not droping down from 154.

its a classic arum move tho like saying floyd turned down fighting Margarito for 8 million and doesnt bring up the fact floyd didnt want the fight because he was buying his contract out with top rank

He is a bum and I am from Saint Louis.
Until he starts boxing like he did in the Juan Urango fight (that uppercut :x :pimp:), he will still be considered a bum IMO.
Wow, I'm a bit surprised to hear that coming from a STL native. I like "Alexander the Great." Can make a name for himself at 147. Make quick work of Bailey. I'd like a Bradley rematch within the next 18 months.

Wow, I'm a bit surprised to hear that coming from a STL native. I like "Alexander the Great." Can make a name for himself at 147. Make quick work of Bailey. I'd like a Bradley rematch within the next 18 months.

He gets hit too much. Like I said earlier he has peaked and probably won't get much better.

Devon is a Boxer who has no plan B. maybe it has to do with his cornermen. I dunno...

:smh: Arum and Pacman still trying to keep Cotto at a disadvantage.

I honestly believe Cotto would have taken the fight again if it wasnt for mayweather telling Cotto how much he respects him and how he considers him not having a loss because of the catch weight

Safe to say you guys don't believe Devon becomes champion again, at 147 or otherwise? Because I do, even if it's not popular thought in the boxing world.

Devon is a Boxer who has no plan B. maybe it has to do with his cornermen. I dunno...
mean.gif
Arum and Pacman still trying to keep Cotto at a disadvantage.
I honestly believe Cotto would have taken the fight again if it wasnt for mayweather telling Cotto how much he respects him and how he considers him not having a loss because of the catch weight
but he wouldnt take the fight last year tho jay when they tired to get him to comeback down to 147, i think him getting out of his top rank contract changed it all. and floyd going all the way to 154 and the money it made cotto has all the right to say hell no to catch weight crap

but he wouldnt take the fight last year tho jay when they tired to get him to comeback down to 147, i think him getting out of his top rank contract changed it all. and floyd going all the way to 154 and the money it made cotto has all the right to say hell no to catch weight crap

Cotto would rather befriend Golden Boy and chase a Mayweather rematch and or a fight with Canelo.

RIP Corrie Sanders, you did what none of these **** boys nowadays can do. :smh: Tragic loss.

I hear Wlads jaw still tingle every time he think of you.

Last edited:
When do tickets go on sale? Gotta check out the Barclay center and this is the perfect excuse to do it.

That would blow.

I completely forgot this dude Rahman is fighting for a belt this weekend :lol: it'll be on EPIX against Povetkin.

Dan Rafael (12:29 PM)

Bummed to say that I just got an email from Orlando Salido's manager telling me Salido is out of the Nov. fight with Mikey Garcia. He said Salido broke his right index finger by slamming it in a car door. He's out the rest of the year and they hope to reschedule it in January.

:smh:

Sippin on dat brugal watching La Bomba get that W.
Can't think of a better way to spend my Saturday night.

I don't think I've ever seen that Vic D before. Dude has actually adapted to having much less power at 122.

Anyone been to the garden for a fight? I bought my girls dad tickets to the Cotto fight as his birthday/early christmas gift, I got him seats in section 2 but now I'm reading mixed reviews that the floor seats aren't all that great and the 100 section has a better view.

Last edited:
I wasn't too impressed actually. Del Valle seemed like he wasn't ready for the rough style of Vic, and he took some tough shots. The first fight was probably the best. I had no interest in watching bumass Escalera fight. The best thing about that fight was the dude coming out in a Jason mask, to the sounds of He's Back by Alice Cooper, a film made for Friday the 13th part VI. :pimp:

You're better than that Eddo

I think that would be an enjoyable fight to watch but I'd rather see Pavlik fight Ward.

Back
Top Bottom