Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

theres something about jinkee that i also find attractive lol..shes declining though smh..

but margaritos wife..oh mayne.

theres something about jinkee that i also find attractive lol..shes declining though smh..
but margaritos wife..oh mayne.

I was not saying Jinkee is attractive in general, just more attractive than what was posted on the previous page. Ricky Hatton's wife is the most slept on IMO.

im in lub with Rachel Donaire :pimp: my type o brawd.
shed be :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: if she was a lil younger.
cant wait for this nonito vs nishioka

Pretty solid read on Donaire's testing.

As junior featherweight champion Nonito Donaire prepares for his Oct. 13 title defense against Toshiaki Nishioka, he's well aware of the reality of his situation.

At any hour of any given day, Donaire is one knock on the door away from being subject to mandatory drug testing -- and he wouldn't have it any other way.

This is how Donaire, the first fighter to agree to random blood and urine testing -- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year -- by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA), envisions the day-to-day existence for all fighters, whether inside of training camp or not. It's the Filipino fighter's way of giving back to a sport that has been so good to him, by progressively getting out in front of something he believes in.

"I love this sport of boxing; it's something that has provided me all of the blessings that I have in life," Donaire told ESPN.com. "It's the least that I can do for myself, my fans and for the sport. To me, it's just a normal thing because I really don't have anything to hide in terms of my ability. I'm proud of where I am at because of my natural talent and hard work."

Fixing The Fight Game
Join ESPN.com in our DIY project to find solutions to boxing's biggest problems. Send ideas to Twitter with hashtag #FixFightGame.
Donaire's most recent test came before a training session on Oct. 2, when VADA's Jennifer Hunter -- who had unsuccessfully surprised him at the gym minutes earlier -- met the fighter at his hotel after he communicated his whereabouts over the phone.

After confirming verbally through the door that Donaire was present, Hunter entered the room and began administering the test.

"The first thing that they'll do is have you unwrap all of the things that they have, so you open it yourself," Donaire said.

After giving blood, Donaire watched as Hunter filled four separate tubes with the samples. Donaire then securely fastened the tubes inside their respective clear bottles, added a label with the matching serial number that appears on the bottle, and placed them inside a clear bag to secure it.

Donaire then provided a urine sample, which was separated into two bottles, marked samples "A" and "B."

The test was Donaire's second since his June announcement to begin testing, with the first coming Aug. 22 under similar circumstances. After testing agents missed Donaire at the gym, they surprised him with a knock on the door of his hotel. The only difference this time was the amount of blood taken (two tubes on the first test; four on the second).

"You have to tell them anywhere, anytime where you are going to be at," Donaire said. "So if I am going to the Philippines, you have to give them the date, location and if you are going anywhere else. You have to let them know, and they will have people come out there randomly."

Donaire's most recent test left him weak during training, something he attributes more to not having eaten beforehand and the fact that he had a rough night of sleep the night before.

Regardless, Donaire says there isn't a potential scenario concerning the hassles of random testing that he hasn't thought of or isn't able to handle. That includes a test the day before a fight, although he hopes it doesn't happen.

"I don't think they do that, but if they do, it doesn't matter to me because I'm just so used to it," Donaire said. "I think a lot of it is all mental. It's how your mind works and how strong you are mentally. It wouldn't bother me."

Donaire admits he hasn't talked to any fighters about agreeing to similar year-round random testing, but he'd like the opportunity to educate them if approached.

"I'm hoping others will want to," Donaire said. "It's a difficult thing and an extra hassle for their body and time. There's a lot of certain aspects that could make them shy away. But I'm hoping that I can encourage them to do it for the sport of boxing and for their fans."

The willingness of Donaire to undergo such stringent testing is as refreshing as it is unprecedented. He has taken the noble blueprint laid out by Floyd Mayweather Jr. -- who has insisted on random testing for opponents and himself during training camp -- to the next level.

The reaction has been positive, albeit meager, in a sport that isn't lacking for negative headlines about the illegal use of performance-enhancing drugs. The implications in boxing -- where the lasting effects of PEDs pose as much (or more) danger to a user's opponent as they do to himself -- dwarf the sort that merely inflate home run records.

There just might come a day when Donaire's new reality is simply standard operating procedure, a day when we'll remember fighters like him and Mayweather for being pioneers for safety as much as we will for titles held in an already brutal sport.

It's a day that boxing needs.

Jinkee has had nose jobs, boob jobs, lipo suction, etc... and she's still :x

I'm taking Carl Froch's wife, thank you... I'm not a fan of any of the british boxers but they sure know how to pick women..

I've never seen Alvarado fight before. You guys think he stands a good chance against Rios?

I personally think he puts Rios down. Showed me a lot in the Prescott fight and I think that Abril fight may be a sign of things to come for Rios.

FightHype has an article about 50 and Tommy Summers trying to get Floyd to cut ties with Al Haymon.

thats what TMT promotions was about.

Floyd wasnt with it...

I'll link article on an edit in a few

keith (ohio)

What is on the horizon for another "Ghost" Robert Guerrero?

Dan Rafael (12:22 PM)

There are talks going on for a Nov. 24 fight on HBO against Berto. They are arguing over which kind of drug testing to do. From what I am told, Guerrero wants VADA -- the kind of testing that has actually caught people, including Berto -- while Berto side supposedly wants USADA, which never seems to catch anyone. We'll see what happens.

BTW, rumors out there that Rios is struggling a bit :lol:

Until now, the circumstances surrounding the discord between long-time friends Floyd Mayweather and 50 Cent have been unclear. When news about the formation of The Money Team [TMT] Promotions first broke back in July, we were led to believe that the company was created as a joint business venture between both men. As Mayweather was serving the remainder of his jail sentence, 50 Cent was moving quickly to sign fighters, like Yuriorkis Gamboa, Andre Dirrell, and Billy Dib. Presumably, he was acting on Mayweather's behalf, representing TMT Promotions as a partnership that would change the sport of boxing . However, FightHype.com has discovered that was not the case at all. What was once described as a "breath of fresh air" actually turned out to be an attempted coup by those once considered to be close to Mayweather.

Sources have informed us that 50 Cent and former Mayweather associate Tommy Summers, A.K.A. Tommy Smalls, tried to take advantage of Mayweather's incarceration in an attempt to oust long-time advisor Al Haymon in hopes of gaining control of Mayweather's career, both in and out of the ring. With the help of the influential Haymon, Mayweather has built a brand that has made him the highest-paid athlete in all sports. Their working relationship has allowed him to shatter pay-per-view records and generate revenue like no other fighter has ever seen before. One would think that Mayweather's achievements speak volumes about his working relationship with Haymon and their ability to succeed. Apparently, 50 Cent and Tommy Summers didn't see it that way. Ultimately, greed may have been the single solitary factor that caused long-time friends to go their separate ways.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568862#[/URL]"]
Until now, the circumstances surrounding the discord between long-time friends Floyd Mayweather

and 50 Cent have been unclear. When news about the formation of The Money Team [TMT] Promotions first broke back in July, we were led to believe that the company was created as a joint business venture between both men. As Mayweather was serving the remainder of his jail sentence, 50 Cent was moving quickly to sign fighters, like Yuriorkis Gamboa, Andre Dirrell, and Billy Dib. Presumably, he was acting on Mayweather's behalf, representing TMT Promotions as a partnership that would change the sport of boxing

. However, FightHype.com has discovered that was not the case at all. What was once described as a "breath of fresh air" actually turned out to be an attempted coup by those once considered to be close to Mayweather.

Sources have informed us that 50 Cent and former Mayweather associate Tommy Summers, A.K.A. Tommy Smalls, tried to take advantage of Mayweather's incarceration in an attempt to oust long-time advisor Al Haymon in hopes of gaining control of Mayweather's career, both in and out of the ring. With the help of the influential

Haymon, Mayweather has built a brand that has made him the highest-paid athlete in all sports. Their working relationship has allowed him to shatter pay-per-view records and generate revenue like no other fighter has ever seen before. One would think that Mayweather's achievements speak volumes about his working relationship with Haymon and their ability to succeed. Apparently, 50 Cent and Tommy Summers didn't see it that way. Ultimately, greed may have been the single solitary factor that caused long-time friends to go their separate ways.
[/quote]

trying to smash Ms Jackson doesnt help either :lol:

Back
Top Bottom