Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Don't get me wrong AD is a great player but he is going to get ate up in the NBA. Now this can change over time, but he will have to put on some weight while maintaining his athleticism. But if his frame remains the same and they have him going against 4/5's .... dude is going to catch a body. Can you imagine him in the post against Ibaka or Dwight Howard?
He's only been 6'10/6'11 for like a year now, I'd be pretty confident that he'll gain the necessary strength. 

Don't get me wrong AD is a great player but he is going to get ate up in the NBA. Now this can change over time, but he will have to put on some weight while maintaining his athleticism. But if his frame remains the same and they have him going against 4/5's .... dude is going to catch a body. Can you imagine him in the post against Ibaka or Dwight Howard?

All the same things they said about this guy...
Portland+Trail+Blazers+v+Chicago+Bulls+-TaQelvme0ll.jpg

MKG is younger (18 years old) - can play either the SF or PF position. His defense and athleticism puts him ahead of D-will.

With most of the lottery teams already having a true PG; a solid SF can compliment the PG more than a PF or Center can at this point, with what the teams have.

Highly doubt any teams bites for a D-Will for a potential MKG trade request.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

MKG is younger (18 years old) - can play either the SF or PF position. His defense and athleticism puts him ahead of D-will.

With most of the lottery teams already having a true PG; a solid SF can compliment the PG more than a PF or Center can at this point, with what the teams have.

Highly doubt any teams bites for a D-Will for a potential MKG trade request.
You didn't answer the question though. How does he have a "higher ceiling"?

Because he's younger? 18 to 20 isn't a huge difference, but that's understandable.

MKG can't play the PF position, so please get that out of your head right now. 

How is MKG scoring in the NBA? No one has really addressed this yet.

I wouldn't make the trade either, but it's not because I think he has a "higher ceiling". T'Wolves need perimeter shooting in the worst way, and MKG wouldn't help with that.

Best fits:

Irving - MKG
Wall - Barnes/Beal

Originally Posted by gopowergoh

Originally Posted by JPZx

I honestly think a Derrick Williams for MKG/#2 is going to happen. All of it depends on the team that gets the #2 though of course.
As a semi Wolves fan I'll take that trade.  Derrick Williams is a good player but he can't develop in Minny with Love.  The Twolves wings are horrible.  What happened to Wesley Johnson?
I don't see why a team would do that, though. 
I'm sure most people think MKG will be the better player.

John Jenkins in.

Should help someone off the bench w/ his shooting. Could see him having a career like Anthony Morrow.

I agree with you.  Camby was a beast in college and has had a solid NBA career but was never a superstar.  I think it will be the same with Davis.  He's listed at 220.  Jeremy Lin weighs 200!  How is he suppose to go up against the 4s and 5s in the NBA.  I think he will have a solid career but he's not going to be a superstar.  

You guys have no idea about AD. Dude has offensive skills Camby didn't have. Stop comparing the 2 unless your using defense as the only relation. He will get his weight up no doubt, how much did Duncan weigh coming out of Wake?

Originally Posted by Caerus

You guys have no idea about AD. Dude has offensive skills Camby didn't have. Stop comparing the 2 unless your using defense as the only relation. He will get his weight up no doubt, how much did Duncan weigh coming out of Wake?
- He can for sure get his weight up but will he be able to maintain his athleticism/mobility ?

- Duncan def weighed more than AD coming out of college

Originally Posted by The Wizard

John Jenkins in.

Should help someone off the bench w/ his shooting. Could see him having a career like Anthony Morrow.

Damn, I don't know about that move.

Originally Posted by Caerus

- He can for sure get his weight up but will he be able to maintain his athleticism/mobility ?

- Duncan def weighed more than AD coming out of college

Wasn't Duncan a senior coming out of college? Obviously he's going to weigh more than a freshman Davis who went through a major growth spurt 2 years ago.
Davis has wide shoulders and a good frame for bulking up, there's no reason he can't get to a KG/Bosh level of strength while maintaining his mobility. He's already put on 20 pounds since HS, so he's clearly a hard worker. More importantly than his actual weight - he was outweighed in college too and he still battled every night. Having the motor and toughness to battle through that is half the fight. Anyone can put on weight, not everyone is willing to play physical even when they're overpowered. Davis is going to be fine. He'll definitely get bodied up his first year but so do plenty of rookies. 

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Davis has wide shoulders and a good frame for bulking up, there's no reason he can't get to a KG/Bosh level of strength while maintaining his mobility. He's already put on 20 pounds since HS, so he's clearly a hard worker. More importantly than his actual weight - he was outweighed in college too and he still battled every night. Having the motor and toughness to battle through that is half the fight. Anyone can put on weight, not everyone is willing to play physical even when they're overpowered. Davis is going to be fine. He'll definitely get bodied up his first year but so do plenty of rookies. 

well said... you cant coach or "put on" will and desire.

he battled every game. thomas robinson aint no #+*+%
laugh.gif

dreClark wrote:
An Irving/Beal backcourt
pimp.gif

At the very least, this combo would make me very happy. But a KI - MKG duo would be my dream come true.

And speaking on the MKG and D Williams debate, once again; no GM in their right mind consider Williams for a MGK straight up. No. Not happening.

MKG is so much more versatile, younger age and at the rate of being drafted - his contract would be longer than Williams (by a year).

^^ They actually have a chance. Top 5/6 is looking like a lock unless we (for whatever reason) decide to win.

Plus Lakers first rounder to trade if necessary...we definitely have some weapons come draft night.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by The Wizard

John Jenkins in.

Damn, I don't know about that move.
Uh? His stock won't get any better. Vandy's going to be really bad on offense next year. Everyone left. Made sense to go before he had teams double and triple teaming him.

Back
Top Bottom