Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Aren't Doron Lamb and Jenkins the same guy in the NBA? If people have warmed up on Lamb..

Victor Rudd coming back to school. Like he had a choice.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Aren't Doron Lamb and Jenkins the same guy in the NBA? If people have warmed up on Lamb..
Well Lamb is 6'5 in shoes and can dribble. Also doesn't rely solely on his 3 point shot.

BJ Young back.

Do You think a team will be asking Doron to do much more than stand in the corner in the NBA though? Think they're both locked into a specific end of rotation/spot starter-if-they're-lucky role. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Do You think a team will be asking Doron to do much more than stand in the corner in the NBA though? Think they're both locked into a specific end of rotation/spot starter-if-they're-lucky role. 
Probably not, but then again Donald Sloan is getting quality minutes in the NBA right now. I think Doron could at least guard someone in the NBA.

I see John Jenkins being a CJ watson role type player. Not bad imo

BJ Young going back to school was smart...VERY.

Trey Burke going back is very risky. Would have been a mid-late 1st rounder but look at careers of guys like Dominic James. Lets see if his decision pays off

I agree Allen, Lamb and Jenkins are the same in terms of being locked into a role as of now. Just like Jodie Meeks.

Also while I dont think he should go ahead of Anthony Davis, Thomas Robinson has that Amare feel about his game. Its not a higher upside than Davis, but if a team were to find the guy cant even shoot in a workout then I would pass.

Davis and his upside as a pro is KG lets be real about that Its not Russell or even Duncan. The highest he will get is KG, meaning he wont ever be a dominant scorer like Duncan, and he wont be defensively what Russell was. But his downside is where the media the analyst etc have ignored it. If his downside is Camby ( just using one of the comparisons) then are you guys still sure your taking Davis #1?

I happen to think the downside is worse than Camby. I think its more like what Anthony Randolph's would have been like had his head not been screwed up by Nelly, but better on D, and a worse offensive player. If it were up to me I would take him on his KG upside. I wouldnt ever ask him to bulk up too much and play him early as a 3/4 and later as a 4/5. Like Cal seemed to infer on Mike and Mike after they won the National title.
But if this kid cant shoot, and cant at least handle the ball given his current coordination with his size what are we really looking at. I dont question his athletic ability , or his mental makeup, I just don't think he was a good enough offensive player at 6'3" to where those skills are going to be significant in his development.

Draft Express agrees in a half assed way too.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Trey Burke going back is very risky. Would have been a mid-late 1st rounder but look at careers of guys like Dominic James. Lets see if his decision pays off
Stop while you're behind.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

What? Dont agree with what I said about jenkins?

What? Dont agree with what I said about jenkins?
How is it smart that BJ Young went back & risky that Burke went back? Ain't no one was drafting Burke in the middle of the 1st round.

Out of all the 1 trick ponies in the NBA, you compare him to someone who doesn't even play his position and can do something besides shoot? Stop it.

^ I said a CJ Watson type role man. I never compared his playmaking abilty to CJ Watson, just his role in the L'. Relax son haha

And you serious about Young? I was a big fan of dude this year but he had was much better off going back to Arky & startin next season. Burke is in a totally diff. situation.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

John Jenkins in.

Should help someone off the bench w/ his shooting. Could see him having a career like Anthony Morrow.

Damn, I don't know about that move.
Uh? His stock won't get any better. Vandy's going to be really bad on offense next year. Everyone left. Made sense to go before he had teams double and triple teaming him.

I agree that it won't get any better. I just don't know if he goes in the 1st.

Cavs taking Drummond idk how I'll feel ... That MKG or Beal/Kyrie will be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

If the Wizards end up w/ Drummond I will be thoroughly upset.

In HS...all I heard about how he was the best player in the nation regardless of class. He looked a good 5 years away from being useful @ UCONN this year.

^ Exactly how I feel ... He may become a great player in the L, but he does have bust possibility written all over him

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Cavs taking Drummond idk how I'll feel ... That MKG or Beal/Kyrie will be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

You know the two of them played in H.S together at St. Pats right?

Did someone post a mock? Where'd yall see Drummond going #2?

Charlotte gonna get the #1 overall....

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

If the Wizards end up w/ Drummond I will be thoroughly upset.

In HS...all I heard about how he was the best player in the nation regardless of class. He looked a good 5 years away from being useful @ UCONN this year.
You know once teams start holding private workouts he's guaranteed to be top 3. The most overused phrase with him is going to be Dwight Howard-like.

Back
Top Bottom