Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Going into this college season, I felt like Anthony Davis was just going to be one of those guys I wouldn't like... for no real reason. Much like Kyrie Irving, it was no reflection of his talent or potential, just felt "ehh".

I'm glad that's changed (I'm coming around on Kyrie too
laugh.gif
). If he goes to Charlotte and gets to pair up with Biyombo or Washington with Wall he's going to quickly become one of my favorite players.

glad i'm not the only one who sees the defensive potential of those 2 together 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Anthony Davis is Patrick Ewing at Georgetown. Ewing put on 30-40lbs pretty quickly and then his knees went to hell later on, so that comparison does nothing going forward. But as a FR, I think that's who he mirrors - albeit 2 inches shorter.
Damb didn't think of that. Could he still be effective at his current Marcus Camby size?

Davis would fit in perfectly at PF. 

Oh yeah for sure he would do just fine there, but he could also be a productive C and that's a revolving door position for everyone in the league.

I guess I'm asking what disadvantages would he have playing C? He'd probably have to put on weight, but people that play the 4 in the NBA have a ton of beef too.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Why the hell would you take a windmill dunk in that situation? Kind of showed me he lacks the leadership. Keep it simple fam.

The whole play was sick, but his decision making needs to improve. Rivers is nice, but I want to see more slashing from him.

The game was over....he's college career was over...what leadership?  You thinking too hard man.
laugh.gif

More slashing from Rivers? I can understand wanting to see him finish @ the rim better but he slashed a great deal this year.

around what part of the draft do you guys think lamb will get chosen at?

Really hope the Warriors tank enough to get a shot at the lottery. Kidd-Gilchrist would be the perfect 3 to fit into the starting lineup.
pimp.gif

That being said, lots of great players in this draft.

Thoughts on Perry Jones? Dude strikes me as one of those perma-potential guys.
As a Wizards supporter, I'm just hoping we can land either Robinson or MKG, but obviously if we fall into the top pick Davis is the man. 

Henson just scares me off because of how poor basically all UNC big men have been recently. Zeller is the safer pick to me of the two UNC guys.

Quincy Miller is another guy who I don't really see it with yet. IF he stays another year maybe but I have not been impressed with the guy all year personally.

Perry Jones = Anthony Randoph.. They'll both keep getting jobs because teams think they can tap the potential, but neither will ever figure it out.

Originally Posted by MBen32

1st SG off the board, Beal or Rivers? & what separates them?

I hear a lot of people saying Beal is more NBA ready, & he definitely looks the part, but as far as skill set what's the difference?
Rivers is a bad MFcka.

Doc taught that kid the "right" stuff...and so did Dell with his son.

harrison-barnes-unc.png

IF he declares, Harrison Barnes better pray he ends up on a team with a good PG.

The last two post are fitting, I could see Harrison reaching Wes Johnson status if he isn't careful.

Beasley's on his way out, Wes is a trainwreck, and Williams is a PF.

Yeah.

Anthony Davis will be a bust....Besides Love who was the dominant defender that didnt suck in the NBA?

Oden-Bust
Hilton Armstrong-Bust
Sheldon Williams-Bust
Hasheem Thabeet-Bust
Okafor-Bust

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Anthony Davis will be a bust....Besides Love who was the dominant defender that didnt suck in the NBA?

Oden-Bust
Hilton Armstrong-Bust
Sheldon Williams-Bust
Hasheem Thabeet-Bust
Okafor-Bust

Yea, this is just stupid.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Oden-Bust
Hilton Armstrong-Bust
Sheldon Williams-Bust
Hasheem Thabeet-Bust
Okafor-Bust

Yea, this is just stupid.

Its fresh what do you expect
laugh.gif

I honestly hope Jeremy Lamb falls hard and lands in the Bulls lap... I would cry tears of joy
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom