Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Cake smoking some of that good I see

Screen-Shot-2011-11-27-at-10.02.08-AM.png

THAT SCTRONG SCTRONG!!!

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Why the hell would you take a windmill dunk in that situation? Kind of showed me he lacks the leadership. Keep it simple fam.

The whole play was sick, but his decision making needs to improve. Rivers is nice, but I want to see more slashing from him.

The game was over....he's college career was over...what leadership?  You thinking too hard man.
laugh.gif

Just not merely impressed with him as I am with Beal.

dreClark, you're right - but I think he's not NBA-ready anyway.

Lamb needs to be in a situation like Chicago. I'd hate for anyone to draft him to be "the guy."

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Anthony Davis will be a bust....Besides Love who was the dominant defender that didnt suck in the NBA?

Oden-Bust
Hilton Armstrong-Bust
Sheldon Williams-Bust
Hasheem Thabeet-Bust
Okafor-Bust

Yea, this is just stupid.
Combined 0 all defensive teams, all star appearances, DPOY, and NBA 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team awards. Hilton Armstrong isnt even the league anymore and Thabeet was in the d-league until a couple of weeks ago.

Lamb needs to be in a situation like Chicago. I'd hate for anyone to draft him to be "the guy."
I like this draft but no one aside from Davis is "the guy."  And with the talent depth in the NBA right now no one will expect him to be.  I still like him a lot, he just passes the eye test talent wise.  Is he a team leader? Not really but I don't think most guys are so can't really knock him for that.  He showed pretty well last year that he can step up and fulfill a role too.  Plus he balled out on the USA team this summer.  UCONN was just a mess all around this year, I'm just not putting too much stock into this season with him.  If he's around late lotto, mid-first I jump on him in a second.

I don't think I'm as high on T-Rob on some of you guys.  I like him but he is just so much stronger than everybody else on this level.  I mean he'll still be stronger than 98% of cats in the league but it just won't be as effective.  MKG over him is a no-brainer to me.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Is there any doubt mkg is the number 2 pick now? Or has it been that way for awhile

Thomas Robinson would like to have a word with you.
Depends on who gets the pick, but both are going to be players.  Like em both 
smokin.gif

Anthony Davis will be a bust....Besides Love who was the dominant defender that didnt suck in the NBA?

Oden-Bust
Hilton Armstrong-Bust
Sheldon Williams-Bust
Hasheem Thabeet-Bust
Okafor-Bust

Yea, this is just stupid.
Combined 0 all defensive teams, all star appearances, DPOY, and NBA 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team awards. Hilton Armstrong isnt even the league anymore and Thabeet was in the d-league until a couple of weeks ago.
Dead.

AMP, so you expect Davis to be a franchise player? I don't watch NCAA that much, but according to NBADRAFT/DraftExpress, he's seen as a Marcus Camby type.

I'm indifferent on Lamb but I have to laugh at the 'body language' concerns now. Last year it was 'he's so smooth, nothing fazes him.' This year it turned into, 'he's lazy and disinterested.' Same reserved kid, different team.

Originally Posted by Oasis

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

That his floor... KG is his ceiling.

Does he have the handling and passing skills like KG?
He didn't get much of a chance to show it off at Kentucky but yes. His BBIQ is also extremely high. His jump shot got way better as the year went on and once he puts on weight, I don't see how he doesn't become a franchise changing player. Right from the start, he's going to make a major impact on a team. 

what pg u guys see being picked 1st?

and IMO,

1. Davis - NO
2. T-Rob - CHA
3. MKG - WAS

i remember the beginning of the year, it was a flip flop between drummond and davis

Originally Posted by MBen32

anyway Michael Jordan screws this draft up & reaches for his boy Harrison? 
nerd.gif

I don't MJ wants that fool especially since he prefers Kobes over Jordans
laugh.gif

Three (consensus) best players in the 2012-2013 class: Davis, Robinson, and MKG.
Kev, I could see Draymond have a Lamar Odom-type career. Henson is a mid-first. Improved his offensive game tremendously this year to go with the stellar defense.

CleanSneaks, I see Sully as another version of Paul Millsap. Burly, good rebounder, and effective scoring around/near the basket. 

No disrespect to Machado, but he's a mid-second rounder at best. Near Ty Taylor and Dee Bost. Lillard and Marshall over Machado (locks). Plus possibly Wroten and Waiters (more combo guards than can run point). Teague, Wayns, and Kabongo. 

MBen, Beal has a better NBA body than Rivers (NH). Strong player. He's ready and able to take contact going to the rim. More consistent/pure jump shooter. Rebounds better than most guards. Austin can create his own shot, but his jumper is inconsistent, needs to drive and finish left better, and continue to improve his decision-making.

Ford's Mock: What makes McAdoo any better than Ed Davis? Drummond too high. I'd move PJ3 up slightly. Leonard, Moultrie, Austin, Draymond, and Harkless all could be higher. Royce is a first-round lock IMO. Too versatile to be passed up on. 

Cheese, you mean Lillard from Weber St.? Natural scorer more than a distributor. Good height and adequate strength going to the basket. Shoots well, but often doesn't look to create for others which is what you want from a PG at the next level. I think #9-13 is fair for him. 

Jae, Lamb is my second SG off the board after Beal. Rivers after Lamb. 

Dumbout, Teague is still a late-first.

Animal, Rivers will absolutely not slip past the first round. He's gone in the first twenty selections. 

Kevi, I think Lamb is off the board in the first 12 selections. 

AMP, I agree that Q isn't NBA-ready. I think Drew was frustrated with him a lot this season. Probably still goes top-22 based on potential alone much like Drummond. 

Nowitness, I see what you're going for with the PJ3 and Randolph comparison but PJ3's offensive game is already better than Randolph, while Randolph's defense/blocking ability trumps PJ3's. 

Fresh, Davis has the offense to go with the amazing defense. He defers to his teammates because he doesn't always have to shoot/score with Lamb, Teague, Jones, Miller, and MKG available. 

You boys can continue to criticize/knock Harrison Barnes' game. Some NBA team will be extremely happy if that man manages to slip down the board. NBA range jumper, above average driving ability, and good size for a 3. Only SF I'm considering taking over Barnes is MKG. 

Don't sleep on Arnett Moultrie either. Davis, MKG, and Beal stole all the shine in the SEC but Moultrie can play. Top-10 selection. Rich man's Jason Thompson. Can play in the paint and also shoot from the perimeter. 

Back
Top Bottom