Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Anthony Davis will be a bust....Besides Love who was the dominant defender that didnt suck in the NBA?

Oden-Bust

Hilton Armstrong-Bust

Sheldon Williams-Bust

Hasheem Thabeet-Bust

Okafor-Bust

Yea, this is just stupid.
Combined 0 all defensive teams, all star appearances, DPOY, and NBA 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team awards. Hilton Armstrong isnt even the league anymore and Thabeet was in the d-league until a couple of weeks ago.

And Anthony Davis has what in common with these dudes? Do you watch basketball? You seriously are using Hilton Armstrong to compare to Anthony Davis.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Rich man's Jason Thompson.

This made me laugh.

Thabeet and Davis are hardly anything alike one another. Only similarities are they both play good defense and have a knack for blocking shots. Athleticism, the ability to step out and knock down a jumpshot, among other things create a huge separation between the two.

Hilton Armstrong? !#%#%.

Originally Posted by MBen32

anyway Michael Jordan screws this draft up & reaches for his boy Harrison? 
nerd.gif

his boy?  dude doesnt rock j's...and that was after mike told him not to rock kobe's
his postseason (hell, his entire soph yr) leaves much to be desired as well

Henson is a mid-first.
See, that's what I mean. I mean, I "top five" like him.

The groundwork is there, and his game came a long way. And it actually got relatively polished. He's going to test well, and he's going to get stronger. And I'm completely on board with Osh on the idea that top-notch rebounding will almost always carry over. If he can get that mid-range shot that shows up here and there going on a more regular basis, paired with his current ability, size, athleticism and I don't know... his "smoothness," he's a really good player in the league. His few concerns are very correctable.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

What's good with the Euro players this draft?

Furkan Aldemir, Augusto Cesar Lima, Evan Fournier, Tomas Sotaransky

no elite PG prospect this year, neither. which has become the focal point over the past few drafts(Rose, Evans, Wall, Irving)
Wish he still played elite.

Bum +@+ jumpshot
30t6p3b.gif

Give me PJ3. I know I'm in the minority.

Won't be the #1 or #2 guy, but as a 3rd option, think he'll be just fine.

Don't think he's the headcase AR is. He just doesn't want the spotlight, which is fine w/ me.

I know he's for next year, but is it a foregone conclusion that Shabazz Mouhammad will be a star?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Ford's Mock: What makes McAdoo any better than Ed Davis?
The fact that he can score on more than just putbacks and garbage buckets from 2 ft around the rim

Originally Posted by dreClark

The fact that he can score on more than just putbacks and garbage buckets from 2 ft around the rim
Also the fact that he has an NBA body, and a good motor.

This dude had to have meant Henson. McAdoo and Davis literally have nothing in common.

Originally Posted by Oasis

I know he's for next year, but is it a foregone conclusion that Shabazz Mouhammad will be a star?
IMO, hell no. 
I just don't see it w/ him. 

I'm not sure what would be worse:

Kabongo entering the NBA or feeling the need to hold a press conference to say he's returning.

ComeUp, couldn't think of a better/closer comparison for Moultrie but certainly meant rich man's JT in a good way. Thompson is an automatic double-double on good nights. 
Wow, Kev. I'm surprised. You're the first person to grade Henson a top-5 selection. Scouts will definitely love the rebounding and defense, but the offensive footwork isn't quite there yet and he has experienced bouts with controlling emotion (not in a major way, but still of note). Does that mean you would honestly take Henson over McAdoo right now? If so, that's a minority opinion.

Wizard, I agree about PJ3. I feel some of the criticism is unwarranted and media/fans are very tough on him. The reason is most likely the untapped potential we all see. At times, PJ3 doesn't necessarily look hungry or desperate. I'm sure some on this board feels he "coasts" through games. PJ3 is still a fringe top-10 pick for me. 

Dre and OKB, fair points. I know McAdoo will probably go top-10 if he does come out (likely), but my belief is that he's a project that will take at least one or two years in the NBA to develop.

Originally Posted by Oasis

IMO, hell no. 
I just don't see it w/ him.
What do you not see?
the hype.
Of course I can only base it off of Highlight reels, but I don't see a kid that's oozing w/ star potential, even at the collegiate level.

He looks really slow. I didn't see much of a handle, jumpshot, or an ability to create. Just an oversized High schooler dunking on his smaller opponents.(then again all HS Highlight reels look like that
ohwell.gif
)

But his speed(or lack thereof) & athleticism(which I have yet to be impressed w/) concern me.

& not to say anyone needs LeBron athleticism to be great, but I don't see much skill to counteract that.

Maybe I need to see more, if anyone can help me w/ that. I can see him being a subpar player like Harrison Barnes in that same slow, unskilled mold. 

Scott Frost wrote:
^He doesnt see him in a Duke uniform.

doesn't really make a difference to me. Someone stated in reference to Barnes a few years ago that 6'7 wings come a dime a dozen. Bring in an overrated prospect to play on a mediocre, at best, roster doesn't excite me too much.

Landing Parker & Randle for 2013 would be much bigger. 

& I just watched his HoopMixtape & it was 3+ minutes of slow #$* left handed windmills. 
ohwell.gif

Someone stated in reference to Barnes a few years ago that 6'7 wings come a dime a dozen. Bring in an overrated prospect to play on a mediocre, at best, roster doesn't excite me too much.

& I just watched his HoopMixtape & it was 3+ minutes of slow *@% left handed windmills. 
ohwell.gif

You do recognize that Parker is a 6'7 wing too, right?
laugh.gif
He's also not an elite level athlete.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Someone stated in reference to Barnes a few years ago that 6'7 wings come a dime a dozen. Bring in an overrated prospect to play on a mediocre, at best, roster doesn't excite me too much.

& I just watched his HoopMixtape & it was 3+ minutes of slow *@% left handed windmills. 
ohwell.gif

You do recognize that Parker is a 6'7 wing too, right?
laugh.gif
He's also not an elite level athlete.
that's part of my point. I can't ever get upset at losing a 6'7 wing, when they come along every year. I also said the thing that scares me about Shabazz's athleticism is that he doesn't seem to have a skillset to counteract it, which I believe Parker does. I also believe Parker is the better prospect Right now & he still has another year of HS.

Back
Top Bottom