Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Andre Drummond: Serge Ibaka/DeAndre Jordan
Dion Waiters: Rodney Stuckey/Smush Parker

I don't like these 2 best cases. Other than that I think they're pretty much right or close to being right.

Agree, i think their selling beal short also

Eric Gordon is really !$%+@#! good though, im not even sure he can be Gordon, he doesn't have the same athleticism and play making abilities.

Kansas forward Thomas Robinson could be a good fit alongside third-year center DeMarcus Cousins, but the buzz that Washington will take him at No. 3 remains strong (that is, of course, if Charlotte opts for Kentucky small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at No. 2).

It sounds as if the Kings like -- to varying degrees -- Barnes, North Carolina big men Tyler Zeller or John Henson, or even Kentucky forward Terrence Jones more than risky prospects such as Connecticut center Andre Drummond or Baylor forward Perry Jones III.

http://sportsillustrated....and-cavaliers/index.html

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Eric Gordon is really !$%+@#! good though, im not even sure he can be Gordon, he doesn't have the same athleticism and play making abilities.

Im a big gordon fan i just think beal has a chnace to be special, love his game and from everything i heard hes got a great work ethic....he always reminded me of ray allen

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Im a big gordon fan i just think beal has a chnace to be special, love his game and from everything i heard hes got a great work ethic....he always reminded me of ray allen

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

...anndddd the smokescreens appear
laugh.gif

And regarding my previous post in this thread; it was just a rumor no one can confirm. But of course the Cavs would love MKG. Could be a smokescreen as well...

I think that's under the assumption that MKG is gone because I'm starting to think that the Cavs like Barnes over Beal .

dx posted best case worst case 
PJ3: Rudy Gay meets Josh Smith/Yi Jianlian

This would scare the hell out of me if I'm the GM that picks him top 10.

120530_lottery_06.jpg

Drummond = 6'10"
Barnes = 6'8"
Robinson = ???

Can't wait to see the official measurements after the Chicago testing...

Originally Posted by jbc908

im positive cavs are gonna trade up get mkg, gilchrist and kyrie played at st pats together, I remember they used to go ham on us at open auu gyms it was horrible

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

this has been my hopes all along...

id love to unbox all my old Cav gear. gunna need sumone to root for once Bean retires

Drummond can be listed at 6'10, but that dude looks and walks around like a guy who is 7feet.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Drummond can be listed at 6'10, but that dude looks and walks around like a guy who is 7feet.

Seriously, Drummond looks massive on the court, I can;t imagine he's only 6'10.

FYI Thomas Robinson. He measured 6'10 in shoes at Adidas nation, so he is most likely 6'8 1/2, shoes add 1.5 inches on average, perfectly fine for the modern 2012 PF.

edit

draft_lottery_120530_06.jpg

perspective does funny things.

I would wanna see Lamb and Barnes more in action....

i wish they would televise work outs or just one game where all prospects get some tick. id love that

If Lamb becomes Brandon Roy and Barnes becomes Marvin Williams I'm gonna be PISSED if we have Barnes....

Cavs have done well - and chose Kyrie well so this should work out. I remember when Barnes was the unanimous #1 pick

/\ stop it.

Barnes will not be a good NBA player and thus I dont want Gilbert touching him with a ten foot pole.

what does he do well? i tried convincing myself he was a good defender but... nah

i tried tellin myself he has a decent midrange game... nah

hes got BUST written all over him...

superior athleticism? nope

size?

shot?

handle?

Harrison Barnes minus whale be Matt barnes minus the grit

NBA Draft Combine: Dozen Questions

The NBA Combine gets underway tomorrow and continues Friday in Chicago. They'll be official measurements (height, weight, wingspan, etc.), interviews and plenty of other testing (vertical jump, bench press, sprint, agility). We'll be in attendance and will let you know exactly what goes on -- and what doesn't.

After talking to a dozen or so NBA guys, here are a dozen things that they are interested to see:

1) Measuring up - Thomas Robinson, Jared Sullinger and Bradley Beal's heights are all in question. Each is considered undersized for their position. Beal told me he's 6-4 1/2 (with shoes) while T-Rob and Sully both say they are 6-9 with shoes. We'll see soon enough.

2) Intensity of PJ3 and Big 'Dre -- The knocks on both Perry Jones III and Andre Drummond? Too nice. Too soft. Don't play with a high-motor. Both have an opportunity in Chicago to come in with energy -- and that alone could help elevate their stock since both have high, high ceilings.

3) Harrison Barnes' footspeed - Barnes is considered by many as a one-dimensional player right now: A catch and shoot or, at most, a two-dribble guy. NBA guys want to see whether his foot speed is quick enough that he can be a threat off the dribble at the next level.

4) Royce's Noggin' - Iowa State point forward Royce White has most of the tools (he lacks a consistent perimeter shot), but the key for White won't be on the court. It'll be in the interview room -- where he'll have to convince NBA folks that he's matured and is not an emotional risk.

5) Damian Lillard's Swag - It's a weak crop of floor leaders, but the Weber State star has emerged as the No. 1 guy -- along with Kendall Marshall. It'll be interesting to see whether Lillard has the swagger or shows nerves with being in a setting with all the big boys.

6) The enigma of Terrence Jones - There isn't a player in this draft with more varying opinions than Kentucky's sophomore forward. Some love him -- and other NBA guys say they wouldn't touch him in the lottery. He's certainly worked on his image since helping Kentucky win the national title in early April, but his body language in Chicago will be evaluated by nearly everyone in the gym.

7) MKG's perimeter shot -- It's got a hitch and it's not pretty. ESPN's Chad Ford said he was making shots from long distance in a recent workout. If he can have another good day in front of the NBA people, it could elevate him into that No. 2 spot.

glasses.gif
Meyers' ceiling - We've been saying it for months. There aren't too many more talented 7-footers around than the Illinois big man. He'll need to show NBA folks that he's got some toughness -- and he'll also need to display maturity. If he does both, he could make his way into the top half of the lottery.

9) Hummel's Knee - After a pair of torn ACL's, Purdue star Robbie Hummel's most significant obstacle will be the medical evaluation that goes on in Chicago. People know he can play. They want to know how healthy his knees are.

10) The Brow's Representation -- Just about everyone has hired an agent -- except for the future No. 1 pick, Anthony Davis. With William "World Wide Wes" Wesley's ties to John Calipari, many expected him to go with Wes' partner/buddy, Leon Rose. However, Rose has signed just one of the 'Cats six guys thus far: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

11) Zeller's Speed - There aren't many 7-footers that can run with Tyler Zeller. In fact, Zeller may be able to keep up with some of the guards. It'll be interesting to see the time he posts in the sprint.

12) Elite Athlete - It's always interesting to see who posts the highest vertical of the group. Jeffery Taylor is my pick this year.

Link
Combine will be televised on ESPNU and ESPN3.com tomorrow and Friday starting at 7 AM.

Just curious, what specifically convinces you guys that T-Rob should be the surefire #3 selection after Davis and MKG? Meaning, exact elements of Robinson's game that make him a better pro prospect than Beal or Barnes.
I think the disparity between Barnes and Lamb is less than some think. If nothing else, Lamb has a NBA-ready jump shot. For me, it's very close between Barnes and Beal. I feel both are elite prospects and worthy top-5 selections. I'm almost certain Harrison will be a better pro prospect than college player. Same with Austin Rivers. There's limits and restrictions to the college game that often stymie a player's full potential or growth. Coaching also plays a large part, not that Roy or Coach K are to blame by any means. The scary thing about Beal is that he's advertised as a very good shooter, yet didn't shoot the ball to his full potential in one year at Florida. I expect to see better at the next level based on the tape and scouting done on Brad in HS. 

if you're the consensus #1 overall pick, and you're pretty intelligent with finance and contracts...whats the point of hiring an agent? does anybody else have views on this?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Call me crazy but I want Rivers and a big for the rockets
I don't think thats crazy, when all is said in done I think River's output will far exceed those taken before him in the draft minus Davis and maybe 1 or 2 others.

I don't understand why Royce White's anxiety is considered a red flag. The *#%$ he got into @ Minnesota off the court is not a result of having anxiety disorder. Son just got caught doing some *#%$ like all of us have at one point or another.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I don't understand why Royce White's anxiety is considered a red flag. The *#%$ he got into @ Minnesota off the court is not a result of having anxiety disorder. Son just got caught doing some *#%$ like all of us have at one point or another.
The man is afraid to fly.  How the +*!* is that not a read flag?

This ain't the D-League where they're bussin' it everywhere
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom