Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I'd like to kick the tires on what it would take to get Dwight without giving up Iguodala or Jrue. Would probably have to give up Turner, Thad, Vucevic and Lou for Dwight, J Rich and Hedo.

Turner is going to be a very good player soon. I wouldn't trade him just for a rental when Dwight probably wouldn't get the Sixers over the top anyway.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Rockets and Warriors welcome to renting Howard though, trying to convince him to extend with them, but could cost heavy assets.
So basically next year both of them will be this years Hornets and Kings. Nice. You're basically blowing up both teams knowing Dwight Howard
won't resign. Ah well.

Well I've heard we're quietly shopping Turner. We just started him last night for the first time a week before the deadline and he dropped a career high 26 and 9 and played a career high 36 minutes. I don't know for what or for who though.

As a Hawks fan, it hurts to see Josh wanting to be traded. He FINALLY got it together this season and has played to the level he's capable of. Keeping it 100, Horford is the better PF on our team, so hopefully we can get a true big man and some more bench depth in a trade for Josh Smith.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ya trade for that cancer crawford and it will be 100% LOCK you dont get out the 1st round.

hes the only player in NBA history to score 50+ pts with 3 different teams

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Rockets and Warriors welcome to renting Howard though, trying to convince him to extend with them, but could cost heavy assets.
So basically next year both of them will be this years Hornets and Kings. Nice. You're basically blowing up both teams knowing Dwight Howard
won't resign. Ah well.

For the Rox it's a win-win if it happens.

I want the Knicks to trade for Pierce.. then bench him.

Yes, I'm that petty.

I'd do a Melo for Pierce or Rondo trade.  %$$# I'd do Garnett for Amar'e just to get that expiring contract so weren't saddled with that bum for 3 more years.

If Pierce gets traded ill be mad
30t6p3b.gif
no need to disrespect him like that.

should be a Celtic for life.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

After Deron & Dwight this year, who's the A-listers in next years FA class?

Anybody know
nerd.gif

I'll say John Wall, Brandon Jennings and either Tyreke or DeMarcus. They aren't exactly A-listers but I could see them being the biggest name guys wanting to switch teams next year/get to a bigger market.

Magic want Melo-like haul for Howard

Magic executives have continued to tell teams this week they do not intend to trade Dwight Howard, but several teams came away from the conversations with a clear picture of what the club wants if it changes course: a replica of the deal Denver pulled off last February for Carmelo Anthony, multiple league sources told CBSSports.com Thursday.

If the Magic decide to trade Howard, they have “not closed any doors

man dwight howard and the magic can go to hell.

steph curry, udoh, klay thompson, and a draft pick for dwight only if this clown guarantees he wont opt out.

teams arent dumb orlando. they know you have no choice but to trade his @#%...

laugh.gif
at least lebrons whole thing only took 1 hour... this d12 thing been going on all year long, hurry up and get it over with...

i just read on hoopshype that the thunder are balking at an ibaka and harden for dwight trade. really? if thats true both orlando and okc are ******ed

They're going to lose him for nothing... If he walks he walks just like Shaq did.  

Which it was some way we could steal Monta from GS tho...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
at least lebrons whole thing only took 1 hour... this d12 thing been going on all year long, hurry up and get it over with...

1311626178002.gif

Not sure if serious. Lebron's my dude. But he had that +#%% goin for like a year and a half whether he was gonna stay or not. 

From a Wizards blog:

Room For One More?

But wait, here's a wrinkle from Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld via Orlando Pinstriped Post's Evan Dunlap:

The Orlando Magic "will spend the next week and a half" before the March 15th NBA trade deadline trying to acquire players like Steve Nash or Monta Ellis, reports Alex Kennedy of HOOPSWORLD, rather than fielding trade offers for Dwight Howard. "The organization wants to bring in a second star to appease Howard," says Kennedy, "but that’s easier said than done given Orlando’s assets."

The Wizards have trade history with the Magic and the Warriors, and I won't get into why a trade with the Suns isn't going to happen. If Ernie steps in as the third man in a splashy trade, his preferred M.O., suddenly there's something to legitmately have an eye out for. Can the Wizards add enough value on both sides of the equation to make such a trade viable? Could a deadline deal with the Warriors, Magic and Wizards happen where neither Dwight Howard or JaVale McGee gets traded?

The cap limitations are tough. Ellis' contract is prohibitively large; it's difficult to tack other contracts on, especially with the Warriors and Wizards being largely free of toxic assets. It won't be easy, perhaps some universe where the Wiz take on Biedrin's contract in return for Blatche's is enough incentive for Golden State to part with either Ekpe Udoh or Klay Thompson. But for the Warriors to part with Monta Ellis, there will have to be serious value from the Magic and if Ryan Anderson isn't in play that's probably a non-starter. There are a TON of rosterbation options here and while this probably wouldn't be the trade fans are looking for, this is Ernie's M.O. to a T.

http://www.bulletsforever...magic#storyjump?tw_p=twt

lebron just played out the season and said we will see what happens when the season was over... he never asked to be traded during the season and never had a list of what teams he wanted to go to... im not making this a lebron did it better in any which way... im just tired of this and want to get it over with, so we can see what the teams are gonna do...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i just read on hoopshype that the thunder are balking at an ibaka and harden for dwight trade. really? if thats true both orlando and okc are ******ed

having ibaka and harden for the next couple of years (2 years left on their current deals.. then i assume both get 4 year deals, so 6 years) > dwight for the next 3-4 months (or do you really think he would resign in OKC?)

also ibaka and harden are both 22, so i'll go out on a limb and assume they can/will get better

The Warriors trading for him would be extremely short-sighted, and even then stupid, because they're far out of playoff contention.

They're going to "try to convince him to stay"? There's no way Dwight will want to stay in Golden State seeing as how they'd be trading away all of their valuable assets to GET him. How would the situation be any more attractive than Orlando with that in mind?

Back
Top Bottom