Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Stop it.

Lebrons FA campaign started right after the finals. Dude is a square The D12 thing is getting annoying.. Too bad hell NEVER EVER win in NJ if he goes there

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
at least lebrons whole thing only took 1 hour... this d12 thing been going on all year long, hurry up and get it over with...

stop it
he was dreaming of miami game 5 in boston instead of trying to win.

riley was clearing cap and it was all planned for months if not years. 

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Stop it.

Lebrons FA campaign started right after the finals. 

i think it was even longer than that.
didnt we have to put up for two years of rumors of him coming to the knicks?
laugh.gif

i know because i thought he was coming to the knicks.

it was easy to see he gave up and packed his bags already. i remember being very happy about it.
heat fans defending bron is silly. He's gonna bounce from that team too eventually.

i
Brian Babineau/NBAE/Getty Images[article=""][h1]NBA Trade Value, Part 1[/h1][h3]It's time once again for Bill Simmons's annual ranking of the NBA's top 50 most valuable assets[/h3]By Bill Simmons on March 9, 2012I just spent two solid weeks figuring out where Jeremy Lin should be ranked in the annual "Who has the highest NBA trade value?" column. I asked my friends, coworkers and bosses. I asked NBA employees. I asked Knicks fans. I asked my Asian American friends, people dating Asian Americans, and anyone I knew named Jeremy. Heck, I even asked Jeremy Lin himself. Here was Jeremy's actual take.

"I'm hoping that I'm more valuable than the 467th best player in the league, and thankful if it happens because my trainer kept yelling '467!' every time I got tired during workouts!"

See? Even Jeremy doesn't really know. How can you assess the trade value of a rising star/walking sports movie/nine-figure cash cow/cultural icon? How can you ask, "What would it take for the Knicks to trade Jeremy Lin?" when the answer is, "Sorry, there's no f-ing way the Knicks would trade Jeremy Lin." And even then … would they ever in a million years trade Jeremy Lin? Would Jimmy Chitwood get traded? Would Rudy Ruettinger get traded? Would Roy Hobbs get traded? When you catch lightning in a bottle, you don't shake the bottle, take the cap off and hope it happens again.

[h1]NBA TRADE VALUE RULES[/h1][table][tr][td]
1. Salaries matter. Would you rather pay Kyrie Irving $5.1 million a year or Tony Parker $12.5 million?

2. Age matters. Would you rather have Dirk Nowitzki for the next five seasons or Blake Griffin for the next 15?

3. Pretend the league passed the following rule: For 24 hours, any player can be traded without cap ramifications but with luxury-tax and next-day-cap ramifications. If Team A tells Team B, "We'll trade you Player X for Player Y," would Team B make the deal?

4. Concentrate on degrees. I don't think the Bulls or Heat would make a Wade-Rose swap, but Miami would at least say, "Wade's available?" while Chicago would say, "There's no way we're trading Derrick for someone seven years older." That counts in the big scheme of things.

5. The list runs in reverse order. So if Rajon Rondo comes in at no. 15, players 1 through 14 are all players about whom Boston would say, "We hate giving up Rondo, but we definitely have to at least have a meeting and discuss this deal." And the Celtics wouldn't trade him straight-up for any player listed between nos. 16 and 50.
[/td][/tr][/table]

And so Jeremy Lin became the first player to defy the spirit of this column. I wrote it, anyway, only needing 12 viewings of John Tesh's "Roundball Rock" (the official Trade Value anthem) to get my confidence back. You rattled me, Jeremy Lin, but you didn't break me. As always, I spent three weeks crafting dozens of different lists, getting input from The Committee Who Shall Not Be Named, repeatedly getting into e-mail fights about things like, "You can't tell me that the Lakers wouldn't trade Andrew Bynum for Marc Gasol, you just can't!!!!!!!!" and "I would rather marinate my testicles in sulfuric acid than put Tyreke Evans on this list."

Here's who got bumped from last year's top 50 list: DeJuan Blair (no. 50 last year) had a spirited "who knows, maybe he can play 15 years with no ACLs!" campaign lose luster when Brandon Roy's no-ACL bid disintegrated … Danny Granger (44) is the captain of the "Guys Paid Like Franchise Players Who Aren't Franchise Players" All-Stars … Kevin Martin (43) is like a bottle of scotch: It's more fun to regift him than to keep him … there are 65 million reasons why Nene (42) didn't make it … Luis Scola (41) hasn't been the same player post-Veto (couldn't you say that about all of us?) … we might need to introduce Andrew Bogut (40) to Phoenix's training staff soon … David West (33) lost an ACL and Chris Paul … Lamar Odom (31) proved he wasn't kidding when he turned down Portland's lucrative free agent offer in 2010 by saying, "You don't understand, I need to live near the beach" … Carlos Boozer (29) spray-paints his own hairlineKevin Garnett (28) looks like "The Ageless KG" some nights and "The Washed-Up KG" other nights … and Amar'e Stoudemire (20) is 27 months away from legally changing his name to "Amar'e's Expiring Contract."

One note before we get to this year's toughest omissions:[sup]1[/sup] Once upon a time, I could barely scrape together 40 good players for this column, as we found out when the 2006 edition pegged Shawn Livingston at no. 27. This year? I easily could have slapped together a top 60. The league hasn't been this loaded for 19 solid years. We're in a good place. Here are my toughest omissions from "least tough" to "toughest":

Taj Gibson: Making one-seventh as much as Boozer, only every time he comes in for Boozer, it's like subbing an ISDN line for a dial-up. How would Gibson fare playing 35 minutes a night? It's unclear. Stay tuned for "More Things That Will Be Answered When Chicago Amnesthizes Boozer This Summer" right after this.

Trevor Booker: Sorry, I have a weakness for him.

Kenneth Faried: My favorite sneaky-good rookie from a likably eclectic rookie class, narrowly edging Enes Kanter, Jan Vesely, Nik Vucevic and Isaiah "Jimmer This!" Thomas.[sup]2[/sup] Remember when Faried was advertised pre-draft as an energy rebounder/defender who gave you young legs off the bench, nothing more, nothing less? That's EXACTLY what he is. He's like Safe House — you saw the trailer, you knew what to expect, then you saw the movie and came out of it thinking, That's exactly 100 percent what I expected!

Brook Lopez: His rebounds-per-game dwindled from 8.7 (2010) to 5.9 (last year) to 3.6 (this year). I wouldn't care except for the part that, you know, he plays center. Dwight Howard averages more rebounds per quarter. Let's all stop pretending those two names can exist in the same trade. Thanks.[sup]3[/sup]

JaVale McGee: My wife rescued a sweet (and historically ugly) dog named Olivia who always slinks around our house like she did something wrong. If you say her name in a mean way, she'll immediately collapse to the ground in a puddle. There's just too much residual damage from her pre-rescue days. I feel like we're getting close to that point with JaVale: He's been stuck on a rudderless lottery team for years, with damaging results — a shame because the league isn't exactly overflowing with big guys who protect the rim. JaVale could have easily been "The Rich Man's DeAndre Jordan" on the right team. Instead, he's destined to be "The Underappreciated Leaper With Raw Tools Who Can't Help Doing Two Supernaturally Dumb Things Per Month and Has Been a Godsend for Sports Blogs." Too bad.[sup]4[/sup]

Nicolas Batum: The geek-friendly teams (San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City, etc.) have circled him for years, fully expecting him to become Battier 2.0 on the right contender. He's getting an offer sheet next July that will make you say, "Wait … WHAT?????" Be prepared.

Monta Ellis: He's underqualified to be one of the best two guys on a contender and overqualified to become a more polished version of Jason Terry in Dallas (an Irrational Confidence Guy Deluxe). Where does that leave us for someone making $11 million a year? I don't know.[sup]5[/sup]

Tyreke Evans: When somebody makes a documentary about the 2011-12 Kings, it's either going to be called The Sacramento Black Holes, Tyreke Takes It Himself or Wide Open: The Chuck Hayes Story. And the trailer is definitely going to have Paul Westphal or Keith Smart screaming Norman Dale-style, "What did I tell you guys? I want no passes before every shot! You hear me? NO PASSES!"

Al Jefferson: Can't decide if Al's recent revelation, "Hey, it's taken me eight years to realize that if I pass the ball outside and guys hit open shots, it helps free me up, I guess better late than never" should move him higher or lower.

Andre Iguodala, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay: Quality starters getting paid like franchise guys. Deng was the toughest omission — not only is he playing splendidly, I can't remember the last time a radical haircut transformed my opinion of someone this dramatically. You might have to go back to Demi Moore in Ghost.

Joakim Noah: The bad news: Making $60 million through 2016 … and we have no idea if the Bulls can survive offensively playing Noah in crunch time in June. The good news: He's played better after a botched attempt to sabotage his own trade value in the Dwight Howard talks. The great news: It's really fun to Photoshop his hair on other NBA players. As we're going to prove in Part 2 of this column.

Ersan Ilyasova: We're omitting this kooky DNA hybrid of Ivan Drago, James Franco, Josh Hartnett, Kevin McHale, Lurch and That Guy From Boardwalk Empire only because he's an unrestricted free agent this summer, making him impossible to assess for trade value purposes (especially when he's making just $2.541 million this year). Ilsh[sup]6[/sup] will have to settle for running away with 2012's "Random Free Agent Pickup Who Single-handedly Swung Your Fantasy League's Title," "What the Hell Just Happened in This Box Score????" and "Seriously, WHAT THE $%#@ IS GOING ON HERE!!!!!!!!!" awards.

Tony Allen: The league's best perimeter defender (it's true) and contract bargain (two years, $6.3 million), as well as someone who improbably shed "Trick or Treat Tony" status (he's just Tony now) and made Celtics fans say things like, "I wish we had Tony Allen" (also true). Why I love the conceit of this column — there's no way Memphis would rather pay Iguodala or Deng $14 million a year than Tony Allen $3 million a year. None.

Nikola Pekovic: This year's toughest omission. I didn't want to go overboard about six legitimately inspired weeks … but jeez, when he's giving us 17 points, 10 rebounds every night, thriving on high screens and banging bodies while carrying himself with the same nasty, Eastern Euro intensity of one of the bad guys in Taken, and he's doing it for just $4.5 million this year and $4.8 million next year, what more do you need?[sup]7[/sup]

On to the top 50 …
[h3]GROUP N: "I Wouldn't Take This Call If I Knew He Was Definitely Sticking Around"[/h3]
50. Ryan Anderson
Remember my December column about the Salary Cap Fantasy League? Would you enjoy paying $2.24 million this season for a guy who plays 31 minutes a game, averages 16.5 points and 7.5 rebounds, makes 43 percent of his 3s (and takes 6.7 per game!) and 86 percent of his free throws and plays with the effectiveness of an obscenely rich man's Steve Novak? I thought so.[sup]8[/sup]

49. Roy Hibbert
Like Anderson, a restricted free agent next summer. I love paying Roy Hibbert $2.59 million this year. I would not love paying Roy Hibbert $13 million next year.

48. Josh Smith
The original JWOWW needs a new team, new fans and a creative point guard who understands his fundamental need to slam home alley-oops with the sustained fury of a pregnant Jessica Simpson housing a box of doughnuts. Did you know the Hawks are paying $46 million to three guys next year (Smith, Al Horford and Joe Johnson)? See where I'm going with this? TRADE!!!!!!!!!

Only one problem: Josh Smith trades never seem to work. Who says no to Smith for Brook Lopez and Memo Okur's Expiring Deal? (Answer: The Hawks.) Who says no to Pau Gasol for Josh Smith, Tracy McGrady and Kirk Hinrich? (Answer: The Lakers.) Who says no to Atlanta saving $20 million next season by dealing Smith and Marvin Williams to Cleveland for Antawn Jamison's expiring contract? (Answer: The Hawks. But they definitely had a two-hour meeting about it.) What about the same Smith/Williams package for KG's expiring deal? (Answer: Probably Boston … if only because Danny Ainge took a designer drug that makes him think he can sign Dwight Howard this summer.) Who says no to a "Derrick Williams and the Anthony Randolph/Anthony Tolliver expirings for Josh Smith" swap? (Answer: Minnesota. But you know who says yes? YouTube!!! Rubio teamed up with Josh Smith????) There's never been a player thrown into more failed Trade Machine deals than Josh Smith.
[h3]GROUP M: "Sorry We're Being Irrational, It's Just That We Don't Want Him to Come Back and Haunt Us"[/h3]
47. Derrick Favors
46. Evan Turner

Let's see … Philly needs to get bigger … Utah needs to get better on the perimeter … both teams have talented no. 2 overall picks who aren't playing enough … both teams are a little too attached to those guys … the Trade Machine approves … (can't we just call this one in????)

45. Eric Gordon
Would you trade Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, Lamar Odom and New York's 2012 no. 1 pick (probably 21st overall) for Gordon, Al Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's 2012 no. 1 pick (probably 19th overall)? Sure … if you were intentionally trying to suck all kinds of suck. Stay classy, David Stern.[sup]9[/sup]
[h3]GROUP L: "Unsung Heroes With Favorable Contracts"[/h3]
44. Ty Lawson
43. Paul Millsap

Everyone pounded the "Lawson is underrated!!!!" angle so violently that he became slightly overrated for someone who gives a fringe playoff team a 16-7 with 47/32/81 shooting splits and a couple of look-how-freaking-fast-he-is highlights per game. Just don't expect Millsap to give up that "So Underrated He's Slightly Overrated" belt anytime soon — not when he's averaging a 15-9 every game, making big shots for an overachieving team, and wielding a favorable contract ($16.4 million total through next season) and even more favorable PER ranking (this year: 16th overall). He's called "The Underrated Paul Millsap" pretty much as a rule at this point. All of this worries me — once you become overrated for being underrated, bad things ensue. Just ask Ben Wallace (overpaid by Chicago, never the same) and David West (blew out his knee). Tread carefully, Paul Millsap.

42. Danilo Gallinari
Every Knicks fan just grunted out loud, stared sadly at the screen for a few seconds, then thought back fondly to the MSG announcer yelling "Danilo Gallinarrrrrrrrrri!" with his fake Italian accent after a Gallinari 3. They had a weakness for Gallo, the same way I have a weakness for any news stories about serial killers or point shaving scandals. If a serial killer ever shaved points, it would be all over — I wouldn't be able to function. Wait, where were we?

41. Tyson Chandler[sup]10[/sup]
40. Anderson Varejao

I'd rather have Chandler, but his contract (four years, $55.4 million) and facial hair (that goofy Fidel Castro look) isn't nearly as favorable as Varejao's contract (four years, $34.8 million) and haircut (the throwback Sideshow Bob look). Of course …

39. Marcin Gortat
Paying just $21.7 million through 2014 for a true center averaging a 16-11 with 56 percent shooting? Sign me up.[sup]11[/sup] This had a chance to become Otis Smith's shrewdest signing ever, only he messed it up by flipping Gortat into $58.8 million of Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson. Otis Smith, everybody! He's the Reverse Black Friday — instead of everything being 50 percent off, it's 220 percent on.

38. Kyle Lowry
Killer value ($17.5 million total through 2014) for a quality point guard (16-7-5, 39 percent 3FG, elite defense). Let's have a round of applause for Dork Elvis — he basically traded Carl Landry, Rafer Alston, Aaron Brooks, a washed-up Tracy McGrady and Vassilis Spanoulis[sup]12[/sup] for Lowry, Martin, Scola, Dragic, Jordan Hill, the no. 23 pick in 2011 and New York's 2012 no. 1 pick. Also, did you know Houston is the only above-.500 team without a lottery pick in its nine-man rotation (much less starting for it)? Bill lemme know what else you need or if this paragraph will suffice. Good seeing you in Boston. Thanks, Daryl.

(Whoops, I forgot to take that last part out. Sorry about that.)
[h3]GROUP K: "Sorry, It's Been Crazy Around Here … Actually, Can I Call You Back?"[/h3]
37. Zach Randolph
Let's go inside the Grizzlies' war room …

Chris Wallace: "Should we quietly shop Z-Bo when he comes back from his knee injury?"

Assistant GM no. 1 [nodding]: "We're 22-12 without him."

Wallace: "And we don't want to pay Z-Bo, Gay, Conley and Gasol a combined $224.2 million through 2015 — "

Assistant GM no. 2: "Hold on, hold on … are you crazy? The five best players in last year's playoffs were LeBron, Dirk, Wade, Durant and Z-Bo! If he's even 80 percent back this spring, we can beat anyone in the West. We're a matchup nightmare! NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY US![sup]13[/sup]

[Everyone falls silent.]

Wallace: "You're right, let's ride him this spring, make a run at the title and shop him this summer. Anything else?"

Assistant GM no. 2: "Yeah, the league office called — they said that, no matter what happens this season, you're still ineligible to win 'Executive of the Year' because you picked Hasheem Thabeet over James Harden and Ricky Rubio."

36. Steve Nash
I don't blame the Suns anymore. I blame Nash. I think he's afraid to get traded. I think he likes toiling away on mediocre teams, playing that martyr role and having everyone feel sorry for him. Poor Steve Nash! Look what the Suns did to him! We have to get Nash out of there! #freestevenash Maybe he doesn't want the pressure of playing in the playoffs anymore. Maybe he'd rather bang out meaningless regular seasons, go traveling during the playoffs and save himself two months of wear and tear. Maybe he's hiding behind this whole "leaders don't sell out their teammates by asking for a trade" thing. Maybe he's just being a coward.

(By the way, I don't believe any of this — I just wanted to use a little reverse psychology to get Nash to ask for a trade because Phoenix is obviously too cowardly to accommodate him. I'm at wit's end. Don't you want him in the playoffs?)

35. Stephen Curry
Fell 15 spots from last year's list purely for "All right, what's really going on with Curry's right ankle?" reasons. That's one of the top-five conversation topics in NBA circles right now, along with "Why do the players hate Rondo so much?," "What are you hearing about Dwight?," "What are the Lakers going to do?" and "Did we ever figure out why Al Jefferson has a 38-year-old girlfriend????" So what's the answer? Is this a potential Grant Hill situation? Do the Warriors have the worst trainer/medical situation on the planet? Is Nike slipping? Are Curry's ankles made of papier-mâché? If there was a pay-per-view special of Curry getting an MRI on his right ankle, followed by Phoenix's medical staff breaking down the results, I think I'd pay $49.99 to watch it.

The good news for Warriors fans: Their team made a $500 million mistake by choosing Charles Jenkins over Jeremy Lin on December 8 (it's true, look it up), then wasted its amnesty on $4 million of Charlie Bell so they could overpay DeAndre Jordan with an offer sheet (didn't work), leaving them stuck with Andris "Why Didn't You Amnesthize and Put Me Out of My Own Misery????" Biedrins (owed $9 million each of the next two years) and little cap flexibility this summer. Oh, wait, that's horrible news. Speaking of Linsanity …
[h3]GROUP J: "We'll Consider It If You Throw in 500 Million Dollars"[/h3]
34. Jeremy Lin
This feels about right. It's certainly better than being ranked between Sean Marks and Zabian Dowdell.
[h3]GROUP I: "The Young Guns"[/h3]
33. James Harden
Even if it's about eight spots too high, I'm using this year's "I Know This Is Weird, I Just Like Him" immunity idol on him.[sup]14[/sup] Just know that, as a Celtics fan, it's hard to watch Harden without thinking of the days before the Perkins/Green trade, when Sam Presti sucked Danny Ainge in with the old, "I know we were talking about Harden for Perkins all week, and I know you were banking on the deal happening, and I know you already cleared the deal from your end with Doc and everyone else, but the more I'm thinking about it, I just can't do it … what about Jeff Green?" move. A Boston buddy of mine described it perfectly: It was like Costco drawing you to the store with a "50 Percent Off All Televisions!" sign, then picking out a state-of-the-art TV and going to pay, only to have them tell you, "No, no, that deal only counts for last year's models." Only at that point, you're already in the store and ready to buy something. Only bad things can happen after that.

(One silver lining: I pull this move on my wife all the time. Honey, I know we said we were getting dressed up and going to dinner on Sunday night, and I know you were banking on it, but I just can't do it … what about going to the Clippers-Warriors instead?")

32. Mystery Player A
Hold this thought until Part Two.

[h1]SOUGHT-AFTER CONTRACTS[/h1][table][tr][td]
The 12 most cap-appealing NBA contracts that aren't rookie deals or expiring deals:

1. Tony Allen: 2 years, $6.45 million
2. Paul Millsap: 2 years, $16.7 million
3. Marcin Gortat: 3 years, $21.8 million
4. Kyle Lowry: 3 years, $17.5 million
5. Nikola Pekovic: 2 years, $9.3 million
6. Rajon Rondo: 4 years, $45 million
7. Tony Parker: 4 years, $50 million
8. Anderson Varejao: 4 years, $34.8 million
9. Josh Smith: 2 years, $25.6 million
10. Sam Dalembert: 2 years, $13.6 million
11. Udonis Haslem: 4 years, $16.8 million
12. Brandon Bass: 2 years, $8.5 million
[/td][/tr][/table]

31. Derrick Williams
Remember when the Celtics panic-traded rookies Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson for immediate help, then everyone collectively realized you shouldn't trade lottery picks after slow starts? That mind-set wavered when struggling top-six picks like Darko Milicic, Jonny Flynn, Wesley Johnson and Thabeet weren't traded in time and lost their value, causing some teams to simultaneously think last month, Maybe the Timberwolves will be dumb enough to give up on Derrick Williams! and KAHHHHHHHHHHHHHN!!!!!!! Nope. Not after this box score happened.[sup]15[/sup]

30. Hasheem Thabeet
Just kidding.

30. John Wall
As you know, I'm the longtime chairman of the "Is He a Point Guard or Not?" committee. (It's kind of like how Tip O'Neill was the Speaker of the House for all those years — you never knew how it happened, just that it was.) My verdict on Wall: He's a breathtaking athlete who has little to no idea how to run a team, lead his guys, make teammates better, ride hot hands, control the tempo of a game or do anything else that, say, Chris Paul does on a nightly basis. It's also a terrible sign that, for two straight years, Wall hasn't affected Washington's win-loss record really at all.[sup]16[/sup] Then again, could there have been a worse situation for a young point guard than the post-Arenas Blatche/McGee/Saunders Wizards? I wouldn't trade him … but I wouldn't trade for him, either. To be continued.

Hold on, it's time for a tangent: During Dorkapalooza 2012 in Boston last weekend, Seattle Sounders owner Drew Carey mentioned his favorite brainstorm, followed by me being practically paralyzed with idea envy. The idea? Carey wants to have Sounders fans vote for his team's president every four years. You know, like a presidential election. Is that brilliant or what? If there hadn't been 2,000 witnesses, I would have Zuckerberged the idea for myself. I just love it.

Anyway, we know the Wizards are hiring a new GM this summer; we know owner Ted Leonsis loves thinking outside the box; and we know the Wizards have no chance of being relevant in a "getting Kornheiser and Wilbon talking about them in the first five minutes of 'PTI'" kind of way unless they have another gun incident or JaVale McGee enters a game without shorts (which might happen, don't rule it out). Can you think of a better NBA team to say, "Screw it, let's have our fans vote for our team's GM every four years"? Why not? How would this NOT become one of the biggest sports stories of the year? And should I hire a campaign manager right now to be safe?

29. Paul George
28. Sergeballu LaMu Sayonga Loom Walahas Jonas Hugo Ibaka

The best stage for a rising young star: That "new car smell" phase when you haven't been paid big money yet (but it's coming), you go for too much in every fantasy auction, your rookie cards are worth twice as much as they should be, you're measured by your potential (not the actual results), everyone remembers your good games/moments (and not your bad games/moments), you're playing in the right situation for the right team, you're undeniably overvalued … only nobody cares, because you'll have these moments/sequences/games that make people say, "That dude is GOING places."

27. Al Horford
[Cut to Al Horford nodding wistfully.]

link: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7664492/nba-trade-value-part-1
[/article]

Originally Posted by DubA169

i know because i thought he was coming to the knicks.

it was easy to see he gave up and packed his bags already. i remember being very happy about it.
heat fans defending bron is silly. He's gonna bounce from that team too eventually.
laugh.gif
.. im not defending lebron.. lebron finished his contract and didnt ask for a trade or anything...  all im saying is that d12 should just say send me to the nets and thats it... if you gonna send me somewhere else i wont resign and force the hand... thats all...
laugh.gif
you guys are looking to far into this.. knicks and cavs fans...

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Shut up Triz
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
on another note. why wouldnt boston try and get d12?... send rondo, and some other pieces... kg, allen gone next year to sign dwill? just a thought

Guessing because he wouldn't resign there. Celtics aren't known for getting big free agents.

Bulls should be all over this tbh

Durant Russ and Dwight?

Wow.

I've been saying that Dwight should go to OKC forever

Orlando is a nice spot, but the guy is leaving because they can't deliver him a title/supporting cast, so there's no better place than OKC if he truly cares about a ring over all

I'm really interested in a Beasley/Ridnour for Redick/Duhon swap with the Magic.

Orlando's reportedly interested in Beasley, it works capwise, the Timberwolves need a SG, and we're taking Duhon off their hands.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Dwight wants to be in a big market. He's made that painfully obvious at this point.

Which I think is putting the cart before the horse. Winning will get you all the endorsements and attention you want, regardless of markets.

Plus Dwight is a big enough personality that the market won't dictate necessarily how big his image can grow. Winning a title does.

My only question with the OKC trade is why would they take Harden and Serge as the take. Every trade I hear has a star (yes I know they are young and good) but the Lakers are offering possibly Bynum and young fillers, GS has offered Monte or Curry and fillers I believe. I mean it is definitely a good take as a fall back plan if everything else falls through. But the other trades ive heard are all better than Harden and Serge.

Again this is all if this is true. I honestly think that they are going to hold him and hope they can make some noise in the playoffs. They just beat the Bulls last night and its not like they are 7th in the east and fighting for a playoff spot right now. Their not exactly a rush to make a move. They will prolly make a little splash in FA to try and do some last minute moves to give Dwight a new friend to play with and hopefully he will be happy enough to not opt out after the year and give em another chance next year to convince him to stay a little longer.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Dwight wants to be in a big market. He's made that painfully obvious at this point.

Which I think is putting the cart before the horse. Winning will get you all the endorsements and attention you want, regardless of markets.

Plus Dwight is a big enough personality that the market won't dictate necessarily how big his image can grow. Winning a title does.
Perhaps...but the modern day superstar doesn't really care about this.
Fact remains is that Deron Williams...who was up in a great situation in Utah up until the end...went to the Nets...an awful team...and picked up endorsements from Audi, Red Bull, Metro PCS, and more on the way. That wasn't a result of winning. These dudes are operating with the mindset that if they team up and build a winning situation in a big market then that's the grand prize.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'll take Harden and Ibaka over anything the Lakers, Warriors or Nets can offer.

I thought the Magic wants bynum and gasol for howard .... That's hell of a lot better than harden and ibaka.. Just sayin

Fake trade time! Based on the report that Andrew Bogut is "open to being traded".The Heat receive Bogut, the Bulls receive Stephen Jackson and Norris Cole, the Bucks receive Rip Hamilton, Mike Miller, Ronnie Brewer, and Joel Anthony.Chicago finally gets their shooting guard, plus makes up for losing some backcourt depth with a good young point guard in Cole. Miami gets that 5-man that they need so badly, and Milwaukee gets a bunch of starting-quality guys plus a replacement center as compensation for Bogut. Only team I could see saying no is Miami, because they give up a lot, but you have to give up a lot to get a lot.

Bogut for essentially cole, miller and joel anthony??? And Miami says no??
laugh.gif

That's not a horrible trade, but I think if they get rid of Bogut they would want some young pieces instead of over the hill (and overpaid) role players.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'll take Harden and Ibaka over anything the Lakers, Warriors or Nets can offer.

I thought the Magic wants bynum and gasol for howard .... That's hell of a lot better than harden and ibaka.. Just sayin
Yea I dont know if its legit Bynum and Gasol because I think that would have been done already. 
But as for Harden. I like his game. But I think most of that is because of the fact that he is on the floor with Durant and Westbrook. If he is a teams first scoring option I wouldnt be too comfortable with that. But maybe thats just me. 

Originally Posted by ToneLow

Bogut for essentially cole, miller and joel anthony??? And Miami says no??
laugh.gif

That's not a horrible trade, but I think if they get rid of Bogut they would want some young pieces instead of over the hill (and overpaid) role players.

I mean, yeah, now that I think about it, Mike Miller hasn't done diddly-squat since he came to the Heat, but Miami's bench is already mighty suspect, lol. Plus MIL would still have Jennings and, uh, Ilyasova to flip or build around
laugh.gif

Fact remains is that Deron Williams...who was up in a great situation in Utah up until the end...went to the Nets...an awful team...and picked up endorsements from Audi, Red Bull, Metro PCS, and more on the way. That wasn't a result of winning.

That's a really good point. It seems as if players (Dwight in particular) would go to a big market, market themselves first and if they win championships there....that's the icing on the cake.

Dwight has also stated that he wants to be THE MAN... soooooo... That effectively took us out of contention.

Back
Top Bottom