Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Ok, Now hes taking %%@% I said out of context.

please elaborate

you really got all of this:
Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

My man itsabouttime took that as I was bad mouthing Harden and apparently I dont watch basketball games and I dont know what Harden does. I watch plenty of games and havent seen a whole lot that suggests to me that he would be able to should the weight  of being that guy fro a franchise. That is all. The whole Durant and Westbrook comment just came as a hypothetical situation if he would be comfortable with Harden being his teams #1 option or if he would want the Thunder to try and go get a guy to be "The Man" because that would basically be what the Magic would be trading for is Harden as the #1 option. And all I said is I would much rather have a Bynum or Curry or Monte to work around than Harden. He got butt hurt because I said something semi negative about a OKC player even tho I have acknowledged in every one of my posts that I like his game and do think he is a good player. But he isnt the type of guy I would build a team around.

from this:

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i must ask, how many OKC games do you really watch?

because you do know the reason harden doesn't start is so he can come into the game and be the main option on the floor for the second unit

yes he closes games with those guys.. but he gets a good hand full of his mins being "the man"

and there is no way this trade even gets considered UNLESS dwight says he will sign an extension in OKC without an opt out clause

again i ask, do you watch any OKC games?

do you not know what thabo's role is?

Hey Philly fans that hate Evan Turner yall still want him traded? If so I'll totally be down for a swap for him with Landry Fields. I don't know why yall hate him but I'm willing to find out. Fields is like 24 so he's young athletic,, decent defender, good locker room and glue guy, in the right system is a good offensive rebounder and a does the little things. I just want a starting sg that can actually shoot.

Had a quick rescan of the Media Day thread from awhile back, hindsight is really something
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I wish the Warriors would deal one of Monta and Steph so I'm not confused every time they're on the court together. I'm like what is Monta doing pulling up from 30 feet? Ohhh that's Steph. Somebody out of that light skinned duo needs to go.
WOW

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I wish the Warriors would deal one of Monta and Steph so I'm not confused every time they're on the court together. I'm like what is Monta doing pulling up from 30 feet? Ohhh that's Steph. Somebody out of that light skinned duo needs to go.
WOW

Right? Like Monta isn't fully sleeved...his skin color is ink.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

WOW

Right? Like Monta isn't fully sleeved...his skin color is ink.

That's sig material
laugh.gif

On Dwight:

I don't get why OKC wouldn't bite the bullet on Harden/Ibaka for Dwight.

There's no way Dwight actually has the balls to get dealt there and then decline playing with KD and Russ into the future. He would be the laughing stock of the league if he did.

A Blake/Jordan for Dwight/Anderson swap also makes sense to me. Yeah, Blake's great..but a CP3/Dwight combo..uh..why not, why is that so crazy to do for LAC? Dwight is turning down an extension there, too? I would doubt it.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Randy Foye and Mike Miller for that 5th pick. Amazing.

Between that...the aforementioned deal in the 2011 draft...the Arenas deal (which was really Abe's idea)...the Blatche deal...and drafting Jan Vesley (who I like actually but adding a project to that team wasn't the best of moves)...I have no clue how Ernie Grunfeld still has a job.

All fine in hindsight, but everyone thought they were just a couple pieces away at the time. Still. If the wolves would have somehow gotten curry with the 5th and rubio with the 6th,this would have to be mentioned amongst the worst trades of all time.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Pieces from what? The second round?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 true. 
Although in the east, I would put them top 5 on paper that year. Jamison, Butler, McGee, Miller, Foye, Haywood, and a sane Arenas.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

On Dwight:

I don't get why OKC wouldn't bite the bullet on Harden/Ibaka for Dwight.

There's no way Dwight actually has the balls to get dealt there and then decline playing with KD and Russ into the future. He would be the laughing stock of the league if he did.

A Blake/Jordan for Dwight/Anderson swap also makes sense to me. Yeah, Blake's great..but a CP3/Dwight combo..uh..why not, why is that so crazy to do for LAC? Dwight is turning down an extension there, too? I would doubt it.

It's Oklahoma though. I think he really would give us half a season then dip. Even right now he's demanding a trade from a team that is between 3 and 5 in the standings

He wants to be a star off the court. I don't think he cares about winning otherwise he wouldn't be trying to force himself to a Net's team that is already garbage and would have to trade anyone half decent other than DWill to obtain him.

It's Oklahoma though. I think he really would give us half a season then dip.

And he'd be a complete moron to do it. A core of Westbrook, Durant, and Howard would have the League on lock for years to come.

And he'd be a complete moron to do it. A core of Westbrook, Durant, and Howard would have the League on lock for years to come.

i agree, who cares about the damn city/state. your getting paid millions, maybe the most talented team in the league. championship caliber. its not like hes gonna be planted there the entire season, hes on the road half the time.

Dwight is an idiot if he thinks like that.

Steph Curry for Danny Granger, lets make it happen Indiana, we need that shooter, and PG can play the 3

Thought about that myself.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i agree, who cares about the damn city/state. your getting paid millions, maybe the most talented team in the league. championship caliber. its not like hes gonna be planted there the entire season, hes on the road half the time.

Dwight is an idiot if he thinks like that.

You guys are thinking Dwight just wants to win though. He wants to win, be the main guy, and become famous/expand his brand.

Notice the main thing always being said with Bron, Melo, CP3, Dwight, and any star players asked about their situations is to do what makes them happy not go where you'll have the best chance to win. Dudes is already getting paid max money so happiness from there on involves things that probably aren't the most logical in regards to getting rings.

And being famous off the court seems to trump winning, given his list is just both LA and both NY teams. If you want to win, you add teams like Chicago, Memphis, OKC, to the mix who can make the trade for you and still have enough talent remaining to win.

By the way, trade leaves us with no 4 and an abundance of 5s. I guess we could make ancillary moves like J Smoove, Boris Diaw, or Michael Beasley or something. Now if they'd take Perkins, we'd be flat out scary on D with Ibaka and Howard.

Force his hand and call his bluff. At the end of the day, I think the guy just wants to be liked. Leaving KD/Russ high and dry would not accomplish that.

Only way Dwight would look bad is if they won it all. Anything less and he'll have his excuse.

OKC would be dumb imo to take a risk and rent him though. Dwight might just want to be liked but so did LeBron and he took on the role as the bad guy all last year to try and prove a point and stick to his decision. So Dwight could just stick it to the  team that wasn't on his list by saying they gambled and lost and then go the Nets
laugh.gif

Perkins, Harden, Ibaka and a player like Hayward works for Dwight and one of their cheap players like Orton.

How dumb would it look if a team like Chicago, Memphis or OKC gave Orlando the best offer, that team wins a championship with Dwight, then Dwight leaves after winning a championship? 
laugh.gif

Keep Dwight? Not if the Magic could trade him to Chicago

The Orlando Magic would like to seriously engage the Bulls in trade talks for Dwight Howard, but the All-Star center's apparent reluctance to make a long-term commitment to Chicago has all but killed the discussions, league sources told CBSSports.com.

The feeling among rival executives remains that the Magic seem intent on rolling the dice and keeping Howard for the rest of the season, hoping a long playoff run, emotional ties to Orlando and an extra year and $29 million they could offer would persuade him to stay beyond this season. But the move would be highly risky, given that Howard has refused to publicly commit to the Magic -- a stance that sources view as a strong sign that he'd leave as a free agent if he isn't traded.

"He's telling everyone he's leaving," one league source said Sunday.

Magic executives are said to be unimpressed with the assets Howard's three preferred teams could provide in a trade, prompting them to engage in a calculated campaign to expand the field of potential suitors beyond the Nets, Mavericks and Lakers. But the team that can make the strongest case for Orlando to depart from its risky strategy of holding onto Howard are the Bulls, who could offer 7-footer Omer Asik, Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer for Howard and Hedo Turkoglu, sources said. The Bulls also could offer a valuable first-round pick from Charlotte -- top-14 protected in this year's draft but but unprotected by 2016.

Such a scenario has gained no traction since Chicago is "not on his list," a person familiar with the situation said of Howard. Without assurances from Howard or his camp that he'd be willing to sign long-term with the Bulls, Chicago executives have exhibited no appetite for trade talks with the Magic. The two teams have spoken, but there's "no type of serious discussions" going on, a person familiar with the situation said.

The Bulls (34-9) also have the best record in the league and are "built for long-term success," said one person familiar with their strategy, making a trade for Howard a non-starter without his blessing. Bulls officials do, according to sources, privately have concerns about whether they have enough to get past Miami in a playoff series, but are content to take a shot at it with the group they have.

Efforts by Orlando to entice other teams that are willing to trade for Howard without a long-term commitment have been seriously hampered by the realization that such a team would only have Howard for about 25 games after Thursday's trade deadline -- not enough time to win him over to a city and team not currently on his list.

Magic CEO Alex Martins, who is spearheading the biggest personnel decision for Orlando since Shaquille O'Neal left as a free agent in 1996, told the Orlando Sentinel Sunday that the team has yet to make a decision on whether to trade him or not by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline.

"We're not at the point where we're ready to answer that question yet," Martins said. "Sometime in the next four days we will be, but we're not at the point where we're ready to answer that question yet."
Link

Back
Top Bottom