Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

If Durant and Westbrook broke their ankles 2morrow (God forbid) would you honestly feel comfortable with Harden as your #1 option for the rest of the season?
considering dude is 22, i'm not sure how many SG i would take over the dude right now.. not saying he's the best

but the only other young SG that comes to mind, is hurt ALL THE TIME (eric gordon)
Messed up question. I wouldn't be happy with just Russ or KD by themselves as #1 options for the rest of this season though. That completely changes the team, specifically for the role players and them having to step up.

I do understand questioning if Harden can be that #1 guy, if he can make other players better and all that but to tweak it I'd say OKC fans would/should be fine with Harden as the #1 option in any 4th quarter in a close game if KD and Russ fouled out/got ejected.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

If Durant and Westbrook broke their ankles 2morrow (God forbid) would you honestly feel comfortable with Harden as your #1 option for the rest of the season?
considering dude is 22, i'm not sure how many SG i would take over the dude right now.. not saying he's the best

but the only other young SG that comes to mind, is hurt ALL THE TIME (eric gordon)
Messed up question. I wouldn't be happy with just Russ or KD by themselves as #1 options for the rest of this season though. That completely changes the team, specifically for the role players and them having to step up.

I do understand questioning if Harden can be that #1 guy, if he can make other players better and all that but to tweak it I'd say OKC fans would/should be fine with Harden as the #1 option in any 4th quarter in a close game if KD and Russ fouled out/got ejected.
I guess you will never know unless it actually happened.
I don't think OKC could survive if Westbrook or KD went down long term. Maybe survive isn't the word because they would definitely still be in the playoffs, but not be a contender. They rely way too much on those two guys + Harden. Could they still win at a high rate if it was just Durant, similar to Lebron leading Miami when Wade/Bosh is out? I guess that would show if he's really on Lebron's level or not.

[h3]Grunwald Turned Down Carter For Nowitzki, Nash Trade When With Raptors[/h3]
Mar 10, 2012 12:36 PM EST

tor_40.gif

John Shannon of Sportsnet in Canada said on Friday that Glen Grunwald, former general manager of the Raptors, said 'no' to a trade that would have sent Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash to Toronto for Vince Carter and Antonio Davis.

Nowitzki and Nash were members of the Mavericks at the time.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1olHVlMlS

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

tor_40.gif

John Shannon of Sportsnet in Canada said on Friday that Glen Grunwald, former general manager of the Raptors, said 'no' to a trade that would have sent Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash to Toronto for Vince Carter and Antonio Davis.

The $%@$ does this have to do with anything?
indifferent.gif

Ainge told Larry Bird he wanted Tyler Hansborough and a 1st rounder for Shuttlesworth
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NooEra

Ainge told Larry Bird he wanted Tyler Hansborough and a 1st rounder for Shuttlesworth
laugh.gif

whats the problem? Pacers would be deadly with Ray

The point is Ainge is asking a lot for Ray.. he's not really trying to shop him like that.

Indiana passed quick .

Originally Posted by Put em up

37 pgs and not one trade
laugh.gif
I'm gonna be disappointed if there aren't any trades, even if it's Troy Murphy for Eddy Curry. There has to be something that happens
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

tor_40.gif

The $%@$ does this have to do with anything?
indifferent.gif

someone posted old trades, i figure this was an old trade maybe people did not know of what could of happened.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I guess you will never know unless it actually happened.
I don't think OKC could survive if Westbrook or KD went down long term. Maybe survive isn't the word because they would definitely still be in the playoffs, but not be a contender. They rely way too much on those two guys + Harden. Could they still win at a high rate if it was just Durant, similar to Lebron leading Miami when Wade/Bosh is out? I guess that would show if he's really on Lebron's level or not.

Ok, Now hes taking %%@% I said out of context. This is the last time im adressing the whole thing.
My first comment even mentioning Harden was in reference to the reports that there was a trade of Harden and Ibaka for Dwight. And all I said was that there were much better trade scenarios out there and that I dont know if I would feel comfortable taking Harden as basically my #1 scoring option. 

My man itsabouttime took that as I was bad mouthing Harden and apparently I dont watch basketball games and I dont know what Harden does. I watch plenty of games and havent seen a whole lot that suggests to me that he would be able to should the weight  of being that guy fro a franchise. That is all. The whole Durant and Westbrook comment just came as a hypothetical situation if he would be comfortable with Harden being his teams #1 option or if he would want the Thunder to try and go get a guy to be "The Man" because that would basically be what the Magic would be trading for is Harden as the #1 option. And all I said is I would much rather have a Bynum or Curry or Monte to work around than Harden. He got butt hurt because I said something semi negative about a OKC player even tho I have acknowledged in every one of my posts that I like his game and do think he is a good player. But he isnt the type of guy I would build a team around. 

If you disagree then fine you have your opinion and I have mine. But im not tryin to derail a thread that should be picking up in the next week with this talk about Harden. If you wanna continue you can PM me if its that serious to you. 

At this point GSW should just trade Steph and keep Monta, no? or try to flip both to start rebuilding.

At this point GSW should just trade Steph and keep Monta, no? or try to flip both to start rebuilding.
well if they dont trade him quick he may not get them anything the way hes been getting injured.

I love this time of the season, I want to see some straight up blockbuster trades. Certain dealings could change the whole outcome of the season. Hopefully the Lakers get a new pg and some more.

I wish the Warriors would deal one of Monta and Steph so I'm not confused every time they're on the court together. I'm like what is Monta doing pulling up from 30 feet? Ohhh that's Steph. Somebody out of that light skinned duo needs to go.

I was mad the Warriors announcers were dogging Nate the whole game like he hasn't been a Godsend for that team with Curry and his glass ankles. They were complaining about him non stop, even when he made a play and got a steal and fouled on a fastbreak layup, they're complaining he jump stopped and went off 2 feet

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I wish the Warriors would deal one of Monta and Steph so I'm not confused every time they're on the court together. I'm like what is Monta doing pulling up from 30 feet? Ohhh that's Steph. Somebody out of that light skinned duo needs to go.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you need a bigger TV or some glasses

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by Buc Em

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you need a bigger TV or some glasses
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real. They both light skin, but Curry is Tisha Campbell light skin, and Ellis...isn't
laugh.gif

It's funny though, Chandler Parson' mom told him to cut his hair cause she couldn't tell the difference between him and Goran Dragic when

they're on the court together. not gonna lie, I couldn't either
laugh.gif

tor_40.gif

if this had gone down it would've def have changed a lot of things. 

Back
Top Bottom