Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Keep Dwight? Not if the Magic could trade him to Chicago

The Orlando Magic would like to seriously engage the Bulls in trade talks for Dwight Howard, but the All-Star center's apparent reluctance to make a long-term commitment to Chicago has all but killed the discussions, league sources told CBSSports.com.

The feeling among rival executives remains that the Magic seem intent on rolling the dice and keeping Howard for the rest of the season, hoping a long playoff run, emotional ties to Orlando and an extra year and $29 million they could offer would persuade him to stay beyond this season. But the move would be highly risky, given that Howard has refused to publicly commit to the Magic -- a stance that sources view as a strong sign that he'd leave as a free agent if he isn't traded.

"He's telling everyone he's leaving," one league source said Sunday.

Magic executives are said to be unimpressed with the assets Howard's three preferred teams could provide in a trade, prompting them to engage in a calculated campaign to expand the field of potential suitors beyond the Nets, Mavericks and Lakers. But the team that can make the strongest case for Orlando to depart from its risky strategy of holding onto Howard are the Bulls, who could offer 7-footer Omer Asik, Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer for Howard and Hedo Turkoglu, sources said. The Bulls also could offer a valuable first-round pick from Charlotte -- top-14 protected in this year's draft but but unprotected by 2016.

Such a scenario has gained no traction since Chicago is "not on his list," a person familiar with the situation said of Howard. Without assurances from Howard or his camp that he'd be willing to sign long-term with the Bulls, Chicago executives have exhibited no appetite for trade talks with the Magic. The two teams have spoken, but there's "no type of serious discussions" going on, a person familiar with the situation said.

The Bulls (34-9) also have the best record in the league and are "built for long-term success," said one person familiar with their strategy, making a trade for Howard a non-starter without his blessing. Bulls officials do, according to sources, privately have concerns about whether they have enough to get past Miami in a playoff series, but are content to take a shot at it with the group they have.

Efforts by Orlando to entice other teams that are willing to trade for Howard without a long-term commitment have been seriously hampered by the realization that such a team would only have Howard for about 25 games after Thursday's trade deadline -- not enough time to win him over to a city and team not currently on his list.

Magic CEO Alex Martins, who is spearheading the biggest personnel decision for Orlando since Shaquille O'Neal left as a free agent in 1996, told the Orlando Sentinel Sunday that the team has yet to make a decision on whether to trade him or not by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline.

"We're not at the point where we're ready to answer that question yet," Martins said. "Sometime in the next four days we will be, but we're not at the point where we're ready to answer that question yet."
Link

Dwight Howard is an idiot
laugh.gif
.  He obviously doesn't care about winning if he doesn't want to go to the Bulls.

I hope the Magic don't trade him so he has to take substantially less money to leave... or re-sign with the Magic.  Force his hand...

Originally Posted by xbiker47

laugh.gif
 at him not going to the bulls. He obviously does not care about winning
He really doesn't and needs to stop lying and saying he does. Just a big clown.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

How dumb would it look if a team like Chicago, Memphis or OKC gave Orlando the best offer, that team wins a championship with Dwight, then Dwight leaves after winning a championship? 
laugh.gif
Winning a championship is hard.  Some teams would take that one championship if given the opportunity.
Dwight just wants to play in a big market.  It seems like his top priority.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Its really funny when you think about it.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Like fam, who is he trying to fool. He wants to be "the man" but disappears every 4th quarter, wants to be "the closer" but can't is a liability down the stretch from the free throw line, wants to win but is hell bent on going to New Jersey where at best they'll be the 3rd best team in the conference.  Does he think we're stupid or something?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
Like fam, who is he trying to fool. He wants to be "the man" but disappears every 4th quarter, wants to be "the closer" but can't is a liability down the stretch from the free throw line, wants to win but is hell bent on going to New Jersey where at best they'll be the 3rd best team in the conference.  Does he think we're stupid or something?

That's why I say its funny... Name me one big man outside of Kareem & Keem that was the closer... Go ahead.

The worst part is we know he wants to be traded.. Just tell the damn team you would resign or not...

The Magic WILL NOT win a title.. Even if Dwight signs a 5 year deal... They won't win.. The next 3 years they will just slip further down the East..

Then in his last 2 years is their only shot.. And it is a minuscule shot because they will still have very little cap left.

Bulls, Lakers, OKC, and Dallas if him and DWill go there are the only teams that could win with him in the next 3 years.. The Nets have NO shot.. Because even a half way competent GM (which Otis is not) would rape the whole rebuilding prospects of the Nets leaving them pretty much cap strapped with no place to go.

Dwight Howard been a clown, people seem to forget him being OWNED in the finals, not outplayed, not just out hustled OWNED by Bynum. Who does he think he is?
I wouldn't trade him for Beasley. 

smile.gif

laugh.gif

he also said chicago is too cold

yet he would play for the nets. out here in ny, it gets pretty damn cold here to dwight.

When its all said and done I think D12 ends up in a Nets uniform this week
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Dwight Howard been a clown, people seem to forget him being OWNED in the finals, not outplayed, not just out hustled OWNED by Bynum. Who does he think he is?

smile.gif
He was outplayed by Pau. Dwight outplayed Bynum in the Finals by mostly getting him in foul trouble.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Hope Dwight gets trades to the Bobcats for Corey Maggette.

If I was the Gm that's what I would do. I don't see why they care where he wants to go. If I'm the GM and I'm trading you, you'll go where the *$#$ I send you which will be whatever team can give me the greatest return. If it's too cold, or there's no Disney World and Universal Studios there, no off court endorsement opportunities, tough !%$%

roll.gif
for real. He needs to be traded to some random team. Him for Andray Blatche straight up, or package him with Javale McGee or something
laugh.gif

Dwight doesnt want to come here. He's entitled to his opinion, and so am I....he's a !@@%$!%@#.

I don't see why they care where he wants to go.

This is what I can't figure out Otis. Get the best deal possible....Dwight can sleep under a tree for all I care. Your job is on the line if you didn't know Mr. Smith. Make the smart move.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Hope Dwight gets trades to the Bobcats for Corey Maggette.

If I was the Gm that's what I would do. I don't see why they care where he wants to go. If I'm the GM and I'm trading you, you'll go where the *$#$ I send you which will be whatever team can give me the greatest return. If it's too cold, or there's no Disney World and Universal Studios there, no off court endorsement opportunities, tough !%$%
Yeah you saying that but it's all dependent on if he commits to that team. ORL has no leverage. This aint like the Melo situation where he might've extended with the Nets. There's really no other team in play as far as trades or signing him out right. The best deal to be got would be from teams willing to rent and since Dwight seems like he'd just play out this season and walk I don't think he'd care if he got traded to Detroit for Gordon and Prince.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

smile.gif
Bynum has never owned Dwight

that was back when gasol used to be a man

Where do you come up with this stuff? Bynum averaged 6 and 4 on 36% shooting in that series. He didn't reach double digit points in any of the 5 games.

Originally Posted by JD617

Where do you come up with this stuff? Bynum averaged 6 and 4 on 36% shooting in that series. He didn't reach double digit points in any of the 5 games.

He got OWNED by his baby mama dropping it low on stage for some damn Clippers tickets in front of Luda though.

If he wants to be in movies his corny $%# should stay in Disney World where he's already at.

But if he wants to come to Philly I'm sure Will Smith could work something out....

Originally Posted by Buc Em

If he wants to be in movies his corny $%# should stay in Disney World where he's already at.

But if he wants to come to Philly I'm sure Will Smith could work something out....

And why would he want to play with the Sixers.

Back
Top Bottom