Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

While the Clippers have inquired about the availability of several "available" shooting guards after the season-ending injury to Chauncey Billups, they are reluctant to pay too steep a price unless they can find a deal that moves them closer to contending for a title this year and in the future, general manager Neil Olshey told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

[...]

The price for the top shooting guards being mentioned in trade talks this spring -- Boston's Ray Allen, Portland's Jamal Crawford and Washington's Nick Young -- has so far been too high for the Clippers. Most teams have asked for some combination of young point guard Eric Bledsoe, a future first-round pick and the expiring contracts of Randy Foye or Brian Cook.

http://espn.go.com/blog/l...-the-right-move?tw_p=twt

I don't think D-Wade can deal with TWO disappearing acts in the 4th quarter. Although I've said this before Dwight for LeBron straight up and MIA wins the next 4 titles easy.

So if the Bucks are shopping Jennings & Bogut, can we just contract them now? If so can we contract New Orleans, Toronto, & Charlotte too?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'd bet almost everyone who has something negative to say about Dwight would be silenced if their team made a trade for him and he extended.

Call him a clown, too goofy, doesn't care about winning, wants the attention, whatever, he's still the best big man in the game, no injury history, and can single handedly take a bad or average defense team and make them elite.

Not to mention, most of this isn't Dwight speaking directly to the media, its "sources" or "insiders" making claims that just gets people talking about nothing.

Exactly

Originally Posted by Drama23

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

He's dumb for not wanting to go to Chicago.

Also, the Thunder rejected a trade Ibaka/Harden for Dwight? Why in the world wouldn't you pull the trigger on that?
why would you? OKC current core is playing lights out and 2nd best record. why trade and disrupt chemistry? unless dwight agrees not to opt out, no one would do it.  
they have scorers, defenders and more scorers.  okc doesn't need dwight
Lose their starting 4 and their 6th man who is one of the best in the league?

Who starts at power forward? The obvious answer is Kendrick Perkins but it's also obvious that he isn't a power forward.

And the scoring that they lose off the bench? When they're playing as well as they are? Wouldn't do it.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I don't think D-Wade can deal with TWO disappearing acts in the 4th quarter. Although I've said this before Dwight for LeBron straight up and MIA wins the next 4 titles easy.

Dwayne Wade is 30 years old with a history of injury problems. I seriously doubt him + Dwight is some unstoppable tandem that runs the table for 4 years. 
Lebron + Dwight on the other hand...

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'd bet almost everyone who has something negative to say about Dwight would be silenced if their team made a trade for him and he extended.

Call him a clown, too goofy, doesn't care about winning, wants the attention, whatever, he's still the best big man in the game, no injury history, and can single handedly take a bad or average defense team and make them elite.

If the lakers were to get him without getting rid of pau and he signed the extension then of course I would be happy.However that doesn't change the fact that Dwight Howard's immature handling of this has ran its course. Chicagos too cold yet he wants to go to the Nets. He wants to be the main guy yet he has interest in Miami. From how he's handled this I do question his commitment to winning. If I'm Otis smith I take the best possible trade offer and let someone else deal with his flip flopping unless he really feels behind the scenes that Dwight will stay. Ultimately though I see Dwight going to the nets and them being a 2nd round team at best and him eventually complaining about it.

roll.gif
at Dwight to the Heat.

Trade for Durant to play the point as well? 

Maybe hire Phil Jackson to coach them. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at Dwight going to the Heat for the league min. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Dwayne Wade is 30 years old with a history of injury problems. I seriously doubt him + Dwight is some unstoppable tandem that runs the table for 4 years. 
Lebron + Dwight on the other hand...
It's been proven dynamic wing + dominant big = titles. Add Chris Bosh playing away from the basket like he prefers to anyway and it's curtains for the rest of the league. Plus Riles would never get rid of Wade County.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Not to mention, most of this isn't Dwight speaking directly to the media, its "sources" or "insiders" making claims that just gets people talking about nothing.

Exactly

I understand that but nothing's stopping him from refuting these reports. He requested a trade which I have no problem with as he has a right to do that. However all the flip flopping and everything insiders keep writing could be squashed if Dwight commented on it

Mamba, I think his point is more that Wade would be 34 at the end of these 4 titles you speak of, and that would be about 85+ extra playoff games on his tires, tires that already wear thin. 

I don't think Wade/Bosh/D12 wins 4 straight either. 

I don't think we will ever see a 4-peat honestly. 

Yea, I was speaking more on the dynamic of those two playing together with Bosh. It's almost the perfect team, save for Wade's injury problems. There would be no matching up with them. The amount of games would probably take a toll although.Bosh and Dwight haven't had major injuries in their careers; I just think it's a better mix than what's in Miami right now.

Y'all hear about that supposed three-way trade with the Magic/Hornets/Warriors?? I read on LG that it was being discussed
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Bad trade for the warriors in my opinion. But they need a big.

- Warriors trade Ellis
- Warriors get Kaman

- Magic trade Anderson, Reddick, Nelson, Richardson
- Magic get Ellis and Ariza

- Hornets trade Kaman
- Hornets get Anderson and Nelson

Read about that on RealGM as well. Don't know why the Hornets would do that, doesn't make any sense but hey Stern is running the team and can manipulate whatever the hell he wants.

Read about that on RealGM as well. Don't know why the Hornets would do that, doesn't make any sense but hey Stern is running the team and can manipulate whatever the hell he wants.

you wouldn't give up trevor ariza and kaman for ryan anderson and jameer nelson?

Originally Posted by HighRiser07

Y'all hear about that supposed three-way trade with the Magic/Hornets/Warriors?? I read on LG that it was being discussed
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

- Warriors trade Ellis
- Warriors get Kaman

- Hornets trade Kaman

Ok, so where do Reddick and JRich land? 
nerd.gif

Gotta be to GState don't they? 

Yea, they think Monta is a superstar and want a superstar back
laugh.gif
I don't see them lowering their demands THAT much.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

you wouldn't give up trevor ariza and kaman for ryan anderson and jameer nelson?
Eh, I'm not buying into Ryan Anderson hook line and sinker like everyone else has. I think without Dwight he disappears off the face of the earth.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by HighRiser07

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

- Warriors trade Ellis
- Warriors get Kaman

- Hornets trade Kaman

Ok, so where do Reddick and JRich land? 
nerd.gif

Gotta be to GState don't they? 
I believe so, otherwise its a REALLY bad trade for GSW
laugh.gif
laugh.gif