Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Read about that on RealGM as well. Don't know why the Hornets would do that, doesn't make any sense but hey Stern is running the team and can manipulate whatever the hell he wants.

you wouldn't give up trevor ariza and kaman for ryan anderson and jameer nelson?
Eh, I'm not buying into Ryan Anderson hook line and sinker like everyone else has. I think without Dwight he disappears off the face of the earth.

you are still only giving up trevor ariza and chris kaman.. even if you dont buy into him, there is still the possibility that he proves you wrong.. and what are you really risking to find out?

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

He's dumb for not wanting to go to Chicago.

Also, the Thunder rejected a trade Ibaka/Harden for Dwight? Why in the world wouldn't you pull the trigger on that?
It's been reported time and again from people within Dwight's camp that what he wants is two things
1. To create an International marketing brand, in a major market

2. To be the major draw for whatever team he goes too, meaning the centerpiece. He essentially needs the second part to do the first. 

The reason why the Nets is at the top of his list is simple, Their Billionaire Owner. Not only is he a business magnate but he's also a young billionaire, known for living a lavish lifestyle. What true history does the Nets have, what history will they have if/when Dwight brings a championship to the Nets. The Bulls are still Jordan's team, yeah their Rose's team now, but if they win a ring it's going to be because of Rose and not Dwight as their hero. Also at the end of the day it's always going to be the house that MJ built. Now my guess is after Otis mismanagement of the roster after they made that finals run, and the fact that they have no cap flexibility is what  has Dwight ready to leave

Another thing when you look at commercials involving NBA players, how many do you see with Dwight in it? How big is Dwight's brand exposure right now? Are you likely to see a billboard with Dwight on it in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Paris, London, Madrid  or any other major city around the world right now. Now think about the changes to that, if someone as say Jay Z, connects him with a management team or introduces him to some of his business partners even though Jay Z is a minuscule owner in the Nets.

At the end of the day he wants what Lebron has, what Shaq had, what MJ has, what Kobe had pre-Colorado. I'm only basing this off of reports

roll.gif
at that deal... So you send Ellis to the Magic after saying you will only trade him if you get Dwight.. Then lower your standards all the way to Chris Kaman
roll.gif

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

He's dumb for not wanting to go to Chicago.

Also, the Thunder rejected a trade Ibaka/Harden for Dwight? Why in the world wouldn't you pull the trigger on that?
It's been reported time and again from people within Dwight's camp that what he wants is two things
1. To create an International marketing brand, in a major market

2. To be the major draw for whatever team he goes too, meaning the centerpiece. He essentially needs the second part to do the first. 

The reason why the Nets is at the top of his list is simple, Their Billionaire Owner. Not only is he a business magnate but he's also a young billionaire, known for living a lavish lifestyle. What true history does the Nets have, what history will they have if/when Dwight brings a championship to the Nets. The Bulls are still Jordan's team, yeah their Rose's team now, but if they win a ring it's going to be because of Rose and not Dwight as their hero. Also at the end of the day it's always going to be the house that MJ built. Now my guess is after Otis mismanagement of the roster after they made that finals run, and the fact that they have no cap flexibility is what  has Dwight ready to leave

Another thing when you look at commercials involving NBA players, how many do you see with Dwight in it? How big is Dwight's brand exposure right now? Are you likely to see a billboard with Dwight on it in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Paris, London, Madrid  or any other major city around the world right now. Now think about the changes to that, if someone as say Jay Z, connects him with a management team or introduces him to some of his business partners even though Jay Z is a minuscule owner in the Nets.

At the end of the day he wants what Lebron has, what Shaq had, what MJ has, what Kobe had pre-Colorado. I'm only basing this off of reports
You're almost 100% right, one thing I disagree with is the bolded part

Kobe actually has it more now than he did in pre-Colorado.    Go to any major market in Asia and Kobe is supreme there.. In China he's a God. 

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Dwight will still leave

Nah, if the Magic are able to pull that off he would prolly atleast stay for one more year and not opt out. Him and Monte may or may not work out. But it would be the best second player they have given him to play with so far. That would also free up some cap to try and go after maybe Nash or another PG in the offseason since Nelson would be gone in the trade and they would be left with Duhon. 
Its not gonna get them a Chip this year. But it might be just enough to get him to stay.

But as its been said. It doesnt make a whole lot of sense for the other teams involved. But the Warriors DO need a big man, and the Hornets were basically ready to just send Kaman home for the rest of the season for nothing about a month ago. So I guess it makes sense a little.  

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Dwight will still leave

Nah, if the Magic are able to pull that off he would prolly atleast stay for one more year and not opt out. Him and Monte may or may not work out. But it would be the best second player they have given him to play with so far. That would also free up some cap to try and go after maybe Nash or another PG in the offseason since Nelson would be gone in the trade and they would be left with Duhon. 
Its not gonna get them a Chip this year. But it might be just enough to get him to stay.

But as its been said. It doesnt make a whole lot of sense for the other teams involved. But the Warriors DO need a big man, and the Hornets were basically ready to just send Kaman home for the rest of the season for nothing about a month ago. So I guess it makes sense a little.  
Sam Amick: I repeat: Don't expect Dwight Howard-obsessed Warriors owner Joe Lacob to help Orlando keep Dwight Howard in any way. That is all. Twitter

Bill Ingram: HIGHLY unlikely Monta lands in Orlando to help them keep Dwight. Twitter

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by HighRiser07

Y'all hear about that supposed three-way trade with the Magic/Hornets/Warriors?? I read on LG that it was being discussed
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Bad trade for the warriors in my opinion. But they need a big.

- Warriors trade Ellis
- Warriors get Kaman

- Magic trade Anderson, Reddick, Nelson, Richardson
- Magic get Ellis and Ariza

- Hornets trade Kaman
- Hornets get Anderson and Nelson

Ok, so where do Reddick and JRich land? 
nerd.gif

Gotta be to GState don't they? 
Q-Rich, not J-Rich.

You want to win but your first wish is jersey? The whole cold weather stuff I'm not really sure about, but him wanting to be The Closer speaks volumes to me.

What that says to me is that he wants the spotlight and to be the man more than actually being in the best situation to win... Bc if he was all about that Okc, La, Dal, & Chicago would be the logical destinations. Just come out and say you want to go where you want to go and let that be it. Stop playing possum.

Basically. It's just a matter of when and where. He did his best with what he could in Orlando...similar to LeBron. So I'm not mad at even the thought of him leaving. Once again, it's the HOW that's pissing me off. Just like LeBron. And I don't mind if he does or doesn't want to go to LA. Obviously we'd be a better team with him, but Andrew Bynum is the 2nd best big man in the league, with Kobe/Gasol and an improved bench, we have enough to make a run for the next couple years. So I'm not feeling like we're losing out on much.

But it's !#!% like this that kills me...

"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen,

Crawford as a starter? 
I really don't like that move either for LAC. It would be nice if they could somehow get Ray Allen from Boston.

I think Eric Bledsoe sucks and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future so if people are gassed up I suggest trading him now.

Steve Blake +Filler for Fatass Felton
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
if Blake gets sent back to the Blazers for the 4th/5th time
laugh.gif

I think teams can still waive the physical though if they are trading an injured player...... bugs the hell out of me you can't do that in 2k12
laugh.gif

LOL @ Eric Bledsoe being too much and how "well" he's been playing lately.

in the month of march he's averaging 2.9 points 1.4 assists and 1 turnover on 35% shooting in an average 9 minutes a game.

Again. LOL

Back
Top Bottom