Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Kind of upset my Bulls didn't make a move on anybody but then again we don't really have anybody we'd want to lose at this point, even Black Ice. As a unit, we play well. Guess it wasn't any sense to bring in another dude and ship one out "mid" season

My impression is they considered making a move but none of the pieces they wanted to put out there was going to bring anybody back worthwhile.  For example, Boozer is not a bum but his reputation is not the greatest when it comes to trade considerations.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Farewell, Greg Oden.

AoDRjyaCIAA6TC7.jpg

that white caddy, his I assume
tired.gif

Fact is Deron-Marshon/Morrow-Crash-Humphries-Lopez is atleast a playoff team(not this year obviously), and New York already has a ridiculous amount of marketing opportunities. With a brand new team in a place like Brooklyn they're going to want to market the hell out of it up there. Put a Ray Allen and a Camby on that squad next year and have Lopez stay healthy and that's a very good team. Players will want to come there if Deron stays.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Cavs won IMO ...

Gettin those draft picks
pimp.gif

4 this year.. 2 first rounders again

not to mention, this draft class will be DEEP!!

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Fact is Deron-Marshon/Morrow-Crash-Humphries-Lopez is atleast a playoff team(not this year obviously), and New York already has a ridiculous amount of marketing opportunities. With a brand new team in a place like Brooklyn they're going to want to market the hell out of it up there. Put a Ray Allen and a Camby on that squad next year and have Lopez stay healthy and that's a very good team. Players will want to come there if Deron stays.

Let's see if New Jersey ever competes for a championship any time soon.  Honestly if I was a New Jersey fan I would have preferred to trade Deron at this deadline after it was known that Dwight wasn't coming.  Then I would have loaded up in this deep class and started over.  You can't be mortgaging the future like a top 5 pick for a guy that might leave in Deron just because you believe that being in Brooklyn will be the difference maker.  I'd rather try to stockpile picks with the talent I already have and try to be the first guys in line when the big dogs of today fall off.  Then you can rule New York in the future.

Son, Deron doesn't need to give any indication he wants out until July 1st. It wouldn't matter if he said he was leaving anyway. The Nets can't do anything right now to improve the team. It wouldn't matter who they get in the off season either. If I'm him I'd conduct myself the way I have all season and just dip to Dallas in the summer. It's common sense at this point. Won't be any swaying of feelings like with Dwight.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Glad we didn't go after Ray Allen after all. I seriously never saw this coming.

Great job Neil Olshey!

and why is that? ray allen>nick young for that team

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Glad we didn't go after Ray Allen after all. I seriously never saw this coming.

Great job Neil Olshey!

and why is that? ray allen>nick young for that team
I'm guessing they don't want to give up Bledsoe.

Originally Posted by PMatic

I have more trust in Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban than Billy King.

how this man got a job after what he did in philly is mind bottling
- for those who dont get the reference:

also have no clue how otis smith still has a job

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

ok this guy better step the hell up now
kind of babyish to do this video....just go out there play hard and step it up. pau's results...exactly everybody's performance and results on the court is more important than these type of sensitive "I want to be like by others" messages.

I have a feeling that the Nene trade is going to hurt the Nuggets. Even though Faried is a good young player he definitely doesn't have the inside presence that Nene has. Teams aren't going to respect him and McGee down there offensively at all. Their shotblocking will be nuts though.

Originally Posted by kc24688

Let's see if New Jersey ever competes for a championship any time soon.  Honestly if I was a New Jersey fan I would have preferred to trade Deron at this deadline after it was known that Dwight wasn't coming.  Then I would have loaded up in this deep class and started over.  You can't be mortgaging the future like a top 5 pick for a guy that might leave in Deron just because you believe that being in Brooklyn will be the difference maker.  I'd rather try to stockpile picks with the talent I already have and try to be the first guys in line when the big dogs of today fall off.  Then you can rule New York in the future.

Bruh the worst teams in the league by record ( wiz,bobcats, Raptors, Kings, Pistons) wanted no parts of rent-a-Deron.The best you could do is get a contenders 1st and best mid round... Then on top of that they traded away a 1st for Crash... Wow

I have a feeling that the Nene trade is going to hurt the Nuggets. Even though Faried is a good young player he definitely doesn't have the inside presence that Nene has. Teams aren't going to respect him and McGee down there offensively at all. Their shotblocking will be nuts though.

they had to overpay nene because there wasnt really anyone in free agency to go after. not sure how much javale will demand. at least it looks like they can lock up wilson. they have no low post scoring

Yeah it's gonna be real tough for them inside to score unless Faried can start scoring atleast a consistent 16-17 a night. Maybe would have held off a little on trading Nene...but I guess they don't wanna risk losing Wilson Chandler.

I don't see Humphries, Lopez, Crash, and Brooks as a group of guys that scream out star power.

I wouldn't want to be involved on that team.

Plus, yeah it's just Dirk, but you've seen Cuban's commitment to go get talent. He's virtually the only cat that hasn't been able to land a huge superstar to add to his roster, but still is competent enough to put together a winning basketball team.

If we land Deron next year, I have complete faith that some dudes will come on board for a year just to try and win a championship. Dirk's stock has never been higher, Deron is still one of the best PGs in the game, you have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win, and a head coach that can manage a team.

Plus it keeps up flexible the following year to try and lure Dwight.

Beaubois, Dirk, and Marion are enough to bring Deron to Dallas, IMO. And Vince and Kidd will probably be with the team still too. Jason Terry, doubtful, but we'll see.

And then with the allure of eventually having room and flexibility to sign Dwight the following year...

The salary cap is only going to get larger within next few years, and that only helps the situation.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't see Humphries, Lopez, Crash, and Brooks as a group of guys that scream out star power.

Plus, yeah it's just Dirk, but you've seen Cuban's commitment to go get talent. He's virtually the only cat that hasn't been able to land a huge superstar to add to his roster, but still is competent enough to put together a winning basketball team.

If we land Deron next year, I have complete faith that some dudes will come on board for a year just to try and win a championship. Dirk's stock has never been higher, Deron is still one of the best PGs in the game, you have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win, and a head coach that can manage a team.

Beaubois, Dirk, and Marion are enough to bring Deron to Dallas, IMO. And Vince and Kidd will probably be with the team still too. Jason Terry, doubtful, but we'll see.

And then with the allure of eventually having room and flexibility to sign Dwight the following year...

The salary cap is only going to get larger within next few years, and that only helps the situation.

I mean really though.....those are the pieces besides Dirk heading into his 15th season that you're selling to him? Humphries has been a damn beast this year, Crash is as good as a complemetary type player that you can get for a contending team, Morrow is one of the best shooters in the league, Lopez is a 23 year old 7 footer that gets you 20 and 8-9 boards when healthy (he played in all 82 games his first 3 years in the league btw) and MarShon is a 23 year old that's averaging 14 a game, has dropped 20+ numerous times this year and is only going to get better. Plus they still have another 1st rounder in the upcoming draft besides the one that they gave up and a bunch of other cap room to be able to sign a few solid role players. All of this plus being the face of a brand new team in a brand new NBA city in NYC with marketing opportunities out the #*$. That sounds like a lot brighter future than almost everybody is giving the Nets credit for. I don't think Deron's leaving....and I think the Mavs are going to be +%*$%+ next year when all their left with next year is Dirk.  

So no one knew Pau Gasol had a YouTube channel, huh? He has 33 videos up and at least 20 of them have less than 1k views. 1k! Weird.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

30t6p3b.gif
no fair....

Just Deron, Dirk & D12 would be ridiculous
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom