Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Young on the Clips
smokin.gif

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Does Luke Walton even remember how to play basketball?

I thought he was the mascot for Men's Warehouse.

....and yet he has made MILLIONS/per year doing it. stop hating.

Feel better now? Go ahead, let it all out.

....you first.

...of course by NT Sports logic standards, i must be Luke Walton's biggest fan.

Originally Posted by diew its james

so no one wanted diaw....

Nobody wanted to give up anything to get him, anyway.  If he gets bought out/waived, I'm sure another team will pick him up. 

Deron-MarShon/Morrow-Crash-Humphries-Lopez (will be back in a week and a half).........pretty nice.

Blazers waiving Oden
nerd.gif

What a disaster that turned out to be.
tired.gif
Is Portland blowing up the team? Seems like everything just fell apart.

Lets see what's in Oden's near future
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Don't matter cause Deron's leaving at season's end...Meaning there marquee player going into their new arena will be Gerald Wallace.

Cheap tickets next year at least, I'ma be in Nets games rocking my Knicks fitted

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Lakers should have grabbed Bease. Still think they did the best of any team today.
They weren't the ones who held up the trade. The Wolves didn't want to take back the extra 3 million it would have taken to make the trade work. They didn't think the upgrade of Crawford over Beasley was big enough.

Man...not one championship-contending team wanted Antawn Jamison who's an expiring contract, and can easily put up 18-25 points a night?

I was almost sure the Bulls or Dallas would probably consider him.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

anytime you can get rid of a 36 year old starter that averaged 6ppg, 3 apg along w/ being torched on a nightly basis, you've improved.

i hate the lakers. i'll miss you D fish

QFT.... all my Lakers fan friends on FB all butt hurt cuz they lost D Fish.... dude is gonna get bought out and return to LA anyways
nerd.gif

idk...

11avbc8.jpg

Alright...after thinking about what went down w. the Wizards for a bit...I'm not too upset at the trade. Nene, while older, will provide MUCH more stability at the 5 than McGee. In addition (like someone else mentioned), you get off the hook for re-upping McGee for a deal that could come back to bite you while taking on Nene's 13 mil per year (and he should be an easier player to trade if need be).

Washington had to gut the roster of the clowns. Getting rid of 2/3 of them is a start. This summer will be huge. After using the amnesty on Blatche and buying out Shard, they'll have a lot of money to use in FA. With the addition of a top-5 (hopefully) draft pick, this team is going to look ENTIRELY different come next November.

If this is EG's swan song, he made a nice move to rid the team of 2 of the boneheads he drafted.

The Nets really messed up cuz looking at their record and the picks they traded they aint gonna be able to rebuild with shh (if)when Deron leaves. They should've just tanked it this season regardless. No reason to be proud of a 10th-12th seed. Stern can not help them at all in the draft (since I figure he'll be focused on rigging it for NO.
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Man...not one championship-contending team wanted Antawn Jamison who's an expiring contract, and can easily put up 18-25 points a night?

Yall should've tried to get in that deal where LAL was trying to get Beas. Minny just wanted expiring contracts.

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

Who the clippers give up for Nick Young?
Brian Cook and a conditional 2015 second round draft pick.  In other words, nothing. 

Blazers waiving Oden
nerd.gif

What a disaster that turned out to be.
tired.gif

Lesson learned. Never pick up big men from Ohio State ever again.

Yall should've tried to get in that deal where LAL was trying to get Beas. Minny just wanted expiring contracts.

Tell me about it. Now I gotta watch Jamison's ugly one hand lay-ups for the rest of the season
sick.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Lakers should have grabbed Bease. Still think they did the best of any team today.
They weren't the ones who held up the trade. The Wolves didn't want to take back the extra 3 million it would have taken to make the trade work. They didn't think the upgrade of Crawford over Beasley was big enough.
LA should have just accepted the deal from last week for the draft pick and TPE, would have put us in the driver's seat out West. I'm blaming Dwight for this
laugh.gif

Like the Camby deal. Trade two players that don't play and have 10mil and then 13mill due the next couple years for an expiring that can help for some playoff push.
Hill-Fisher trade is whatever. Morey wanted the pick and Camby plays the minutes Hill was going to play

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Nope, had him in Dallas, hated him. He'll score 20 and give up 24 to a guy who averages 9. Plus, those shots are just ugly to see. He makes them so props to him because he obviously has worked on it a great deal, but like you nobody wants to see him loft up those bull(*$# floaters all season while giving up career highs to opposing team's 2nd unit big men. Maybe you can cover him up on a good all around defensive team, but that +%%@ used to infuriate me.

I wouldn't have minded OKC scooping Diaw or Beasley though, if it could be done for just Nazr + any of our bottom 5 guys. I kind of want to keep Thabo and Cook.

Nope, had him in Dallas, hated him. He'll score 20 and give up 24 to a guy who averages 9. Plus, those shots are just ugly to see. He makes them so props to him because he obviously has worked on it a great deal, but like you nobody wants to see him loft up those bull(*$# floaters all season while giving up career highs to opposing team's 2nd unit big men. Maybe you can cover him up on a good all around defensive team, but that +%%@ used to infuriate me.

Well it infuriates me now...when will this damn guy retire...

I'm sorry, but the Nets gave a top 3 protected pick for Gerald Wallace? He's a good player and all but 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's obvious the Nets are desperate to try and entice D.Will to stay, but their efforts are just going to be a waste.
They should've just traded him.

Back
Top Bottom