Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Didn't strength of schedule come out prior to roster moves (or lack thereof in the case of the 9ers)? I didn't think it was "dynamic" (i.e. ever changing). That being said, where are the wins coming from for you optimistic folks?

1. Sea @ home....winnable but really, w Alex Smith a late pick will give the game away.
2. Dallas @ home. Loss.
3. @ Cinci. They suck but I'd imagine the 9ers won't be a good road team.
4. @ Philly. No.
5. Tampa @ home. No.
6. @ Det. Maybe but I don't see it.
7. Bye
8. Cle @ home after the bye...winnable
9. @ Was...maybe. This could be their first road win
10. NYG @ home. No.
11. Az @ home, no.
12. @ Balt in a short week? Hell no.
13. STL @ home...maybe but no.
14. @ Az. Maybe.
15. Pitt @ home. No.
16. @ Sea. No.
17. @ Stl. No.

Didn't strength of schedule come out prior to roster moves (or lack thereof in the case of the 9ers)? I didn't think it was "dynamic" (i.e. ever changing). That being said, where are the wins coming from for you optimistic folks?

1. Sea @ home....winnable but really, w Alex Smith a late pick will give the game away.
2. Dallas @ home. Loss.
4. @ Philly. No.
5. Tampa @ home. No.
7. Bye
10. NYG @ home. No.
11. Az @ home, no.
14. @ Az. Maybe.
15. Pitt @ home. No.
16. @ Sea. No.
17. @ Stl. No.

IMO this would be best case scenario...

1. Sea @ home: W
2. Dallas @ home. L
3. @ Cinci. W
4. @ Philly. L
5. Tampa @ home. L
6. @ Det. W
7. Bye
8. Cle @ home W
9. @ Was..W
10. NYG @ home. L
11. Az @ home W
12. @ Balt L
13. STL @ home...W
14. @ Az. W
15. Pitt @ home. L
16. @ Sea. W
17. @ Stl. L

That's 9 wins...with no big upsets. Only W I feel is a big toss-up is the Detroit one since they're a better team now. This is of course if everything goes right, and I know that isn't going to happen.
edit- and maybe @ Sea should be a loss too. So either way, best case scenario is probably around 8-8.

2. Dallas @ home. L
3. @ Cinci. W
4. @ Philly. L
5. Tampa @ home. L
6. @ Det. W
7. Bye
8. Cle @ home W
9. @ Was..W
10. NYG @ home. L
11. Az @ home W
12. @ Balt L
13. STL @ home...W
14. @ Az. W
15. Pitt @ home. L
16. @ Sea. W
17. @ Stl. L

That's 9 wins...with no big upsets. Only W I feel is a big toss-up is the Detroit one since they're a better team now. This is of course if everything goes right, and I know that isn't going to happen.
edit- and maybe @ Sea should be a loss too. So either way, best case scenario is probably around 8-8.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Hugo

northwestern high right here

What's up champ, PG County representing I see.

yessir.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

2. Dallas @ home. Loss.
4. @ Philly. No.
5. Tampa @ home. No.
7. Bye
10. NYG @ home. No.
11. Az @ home, no.
14. @ Az. Maybe.
15. Pitt @ home. No.
16. @ Sea. No.
17. @ Stl. No.
roll.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

2. Dallas @ home. Loss.
4. @ Philly. No.
5. Tampa @ home. No.
7. Bye
10. NYG @ home. No.
11. Az @ home, no.
14. @ Az. Maybe.
15. Pitt @ home. No.
16. @ Sea. No.
17. @ Stl. No.
roll.gif
frown.gif

Acid you really think this team can go 5-3 on the road??

The same team with new coach/cordinators and net personnel loss who went 1-7 on the road last year?

I just don't see it.

Acid you really think this team can go 5-3 on the road??

The same team with new coach/cordinators and net personnel loss who went 1-7 on the road last year?

I just don't see it.

I really don't feel like playing this game. But I will say I don't think  we are beating any team in are division twice.

I really don't feel like playing this game. But I will say I don't think  we are beating any team in are division twice.

Originally Posted by acidicality

2. Dallas @ home. L
3. @ Cinci. W
4. @ Philly. L
5. Tampa @ home. L
6. @ Det. W
7. Bye
8. Cle @ home W
9. @ Was..W
10. NYG @ home. L
11. Az @ home W
12. @ Balt L
13. STL @ home...W
14. @ Az. W
15. Pitt @ home. L
16. @ Sea. W
17. @ Stl. L

Why even post %*!% like this?  5-1 against the division like there's even a sliver of possibility of that happening.

Originally Posted by acidicality

2. Dallas @ home. L
3. @ Cinci. W
4. @ Philly. L
5. Tampa @ home. L
6. @ Det. W
7. Bye
8. Cle @ home W
9. @ Was..W
10. NYG @ home. L
11. Az @ home W
12. @ Balt L
13. STL @ home...W
14. @ Az. W
15. Pitt @ home. L
16. @ Sea. W
17. @ Stl. L

Why even post %*!% like this?  5-1 against the division like there's even a sliver of possibility of that happening.

If Harbaugh can get Alex Smith to play decent, it's possible. I know how much you guys hate Alex Smith (and quite frankly, I'm sick of him too), but I'm interested to see if Harbaugh can make a difference. That's why he was hired as the coach...I guess I have more faith in the new coaching staff than most of you.

I think it is possible to go 5-1 in the division- especially given how bad the division is. I'm not sold on Kevin Kolb; I'm not that sold on Seattle either.
St. Louis on the other hand should win the division.

If Harbaugh can get Alex Smith to play decent, it's possible. I know how much you guys hate Alex Smith (and quite frankly, I'm sick of him too), but I'm interested to see if Harbaugh can make a difference. That's why he was hired as the coach...I guess I have more faith in the new coaching staff than most of you.

I think it is possible to go 5-1 in the division- especially given how bad the division is. I'm not sold on Kevin Kolb; I'm not that sold on Seattle either.
St. Louis on the other hand should win the division.

I really hope I can rub this Harbaugh love affair in your face.

And I probably will by the bye week.

I really hope I can rub this Harbaugh love affair in your face.

And I probably will by the bye week.

Its going to be asking Harbaugh to turn Smith into Jesus Christ.

Will Gore be healthy? If not, then the running threat is not nearly as much of one which means even more pressure on the passing game.

Youre asking a new head coach to help change the DNA of a player who has painstakingly shown over the course of his career he can't make great pressure reads and throws to all of a sudden do that? With what weapons?

It's a losing propositon IMO.

Back
Top Bottom