Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

I'm still optimistic, I think this week we might finally do work in free agency...sure we missed out on some impact players and lost some people, but things could look completely different by the end of this week.

For me, it still holds the same- if this is the week 1 roster, I'll be very worried. But I'll wait and see what they do; it's only been one week.

I'm still optimistic, I think this week we might finally do work in free agency...sure we missed out on some impact players and lost some people, but things could look completely different by the end of this week.

For me, it still holds the same- if this is the week 1 roster, I'll be very worried. But I'll wait and see what they do; it's only been one week.

5-11, our schedule is tougher with the easier to beat teams being away and given our away record...it'll be a long season
frown.gif

5-11, our schedule is tougher with the easier to beat teams being away and given our away record...it'll be a long season
frown.gif

5-11 is what I'm thinking it's actually mind boggling that we signed Alex Smith to a one year deal considering that when he's on the field our offense shows how much faith they have in him. Looks like it will be another long year for us '9ers fans ladies and gents.

5-11 is what I'm thinking it's actually mind boggling that we signed Alex Smith to a one year deal considering that when he's on the field our offense shows how much faith they have in him. Looks like it will be another long year for us '9ers fans ladies and gents.

Originally Posted by obie21

what you guys think of Carlos Rogers?

He absolutely sucks.  As someone who lives in Maryland and sees alot of ******** games both on TV and live Carlos is garbage in every sense of the word.  This guy can't even catch a cold.  Dude had 1 decent season with the Skins and that was about it. 

He absolutely sucks.  As someone who lives in Maryland and sees alot of ******** games both on TV and live Carlos is garbage in every sense of the word.  This guy can't even catch a cold.  Dude had 1 decent season with the Skins and that was about it. 

4-12

this years schedule is incredibly hard

For us, yeah.

In terms of strength of schedule, we have the 2nd easiest in the league
laugh.gif

4-12

this years schedule is incredibly hard

For us, yeah.

In terms of strength of schedule, we have the 2nd easiest in the league
laugh.gif

Source: 49ers agree to terms with safety Williams

[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/recommends.png[/img] Recommend
comment.png
Comment(4)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/facebook.png[/img] Facebook RSS

505573.jpg

Madieu Williams is a native of the African nation of Sierra Leone. (AP)
August 1, 2011
MAIOCCO ARCHIVE
49ERS PAGE | 49ERS VIDEO

Matt Maiocco
CSNBayArea.com

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers on Monday agreed to a one-year contract with safety Madieu Williams, a league source said.

Williams, whom the Minnesota Vikings released last week, started 13 games last season, and recorded 75 tackles and one interception. He was scheduled to earn $5.4 million in salary this season, prompting the Vikings to release him.

Williams, 29, is a seven-year veteran. He was named the winner of the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year award last season for his charitable works.

Safety Dashon Goldson, whom the 49ers considered one of their top priorities when free agency began, remains unsigned.
http://
Reggie Smith, who started the final seven games for the 49ers at safety last season, has been working with the first-team defense during training camp.

On the first day of camp, C.J. Spillman lined up alongside him. But Spillman was actually ineligible to practice until the beginning of the new league year, most likely Aug. 4, because he had signed a free-agent contract. On Saturday and Sunday, Taylor Mays moved into the first-unit secondary. Chris Maragos and Curtis Taylor have been the backup safeties. The 49ers also invested a sixth-round pick on safety Colin Jones of Texas Christian.

Williams (6-1, 203) played his first four NFL sesaons with the Cincinnati Bengals, where he recorded nine interceptions in 49 starts. He parlayed his success with the Bengals into a six-year, $33 million free-agent contract with the Vikings.

He missed seven games in 2008 with a neck injury, but saw action in 30 of his final 32 games with the Vikings. He recorded three interceptions with the Vikings.

A native of Sierra Leone, Williams created The Madieu Williams Center for Global Health that is affiliated with the University of Maryland. The center focuses on public health issues in Maryland's Prince George's County and Sierra Leone, located in West Africa.

Read more: Source: 49ers agree to terms with safety Williams
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Source: 49ers agree to terms with safety Williams

[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/recommends.png[/img] Recommend
comment.png
Comment(4)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/facebook.png[/img] Facebook RSS

505573.jpg

Madieu Williams is a native of the African nation of Sierra Leone. (AP)
August 1, 2011
MAIOCCO ARCHIVE
49ERS PAGE | 49ERS VIDEO

Matt Maiocco
CSNBayArea.com

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers on Monday agreed to a one-year contract with safety Madieu Williams, a league source said.

Williams, whom the Minnesota Vikings released last week, started 13 games last season, and recorded 75 tackles and one interception. He was scheduled to earn $5.4 million in salary this season, prompting the Vikings to release him.

Williams, 29, is a seven-year veteran. He was named the winner of the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year award last season for his charitable works.

Safety Dashon Goldson, whom the 49ers considered one of their top priorities when free agency began, remains unsigned.
http://
Reggie Smith, who started the final seven games for the 49ers at safety last season, has been working with the first-team defense during training camp.

On the first day of camp, C.J. Spillman lined up alongside him. But Spillman was actually ineligible to practice until the beginning of the new league year, most likely Aug. 4, because he had signed a free-agent contract. On Saturday and Sunday, Taylor Mays moved into the first-unit secondary. Chris Maragos and Curtis Taylor have been the backup safeties. The 49ers also invested a sixth-round pick on safety Colin Jones of Texas Christian.

Williams (6-1, 203) played his first four NFL sesaons with the Cincinnati Bengals, where he recorded nine interceptions in 49 starts. He parlayed his success with the Bengals into a six-year, $33 million free-agent contract with the Vikings.

He missed seven games in 2008 with a neck injury, but saw action in 30 of his final 32 games with the Vikings. He recorded three interceptions with the Vikings.

A native of Sierra Leone, Williams created The Madieu Williams Center for Global Health that is affiliated with the University of Maryland. The center focuses on public health issues in Maryland's Prince George's County and Sierra Leone, located in West Africa.

Read more: Source: 49ers agree to terms with safety Williams
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Madieu is actually my boy from back in the day (DuVaL High School), but I will say that I don't think this is a good signing by us.

Madieu is actually my boy from back in the day (DuVaL High School), but I will say that I don't think this is a good signing by us.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

At least he's got good character 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

At least he's got good character 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom