Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Okay, you got me but I like what I've seen from Ziegler 
laugh.gif

Williams will be solid but he can't play Flanker due to his size.

Okay, you got me but I like what I've seen from Ziegler 
laugh.gif

Williams will be solid but he can't play Flanker due to his size.

To me, the Bucs game is a great sign...hopefully things keep upticking.

It wouldn't be a stretch to think that if any of the prior teams from 4-6 years ago played a game in Philly and escaped with a win like this year, they'd then lay an egg at home. Under Harbaugh (and a lesser extent Baalke) they're becoming more dynamic each week and the defense doesn't have to win games.

Let's hope the offense keeps moving in the right direction as the season continues.

To me, the Bucs game is a great sign...hopefully things keep upticking.

It wouldn't be a stretch to think that if any of the prior teams from 4-6 years ago played a game in Philly and escaped with a win like this year, they'd then lay an egg at home. Under Harbaugh (and a lesser extent Baalke) they're becoming more dynamic each week and the defense doesn't have to win games.

Let's hope the offense keeps moving in the right direction as the season continues.

Who would've thought a week 6 matchup between the 49ers and Lions would be a battle of 5-0 vs 4-1

Ready for next week. Let's Go!
pimp.gif

Who would've thought a week 6 matchup between the 49ers and Lions would be a battle of 5-0 vs 4-1

Ready for next week. Let's Go!
pimp.gif

This maybe the game Alex Smith has to win. The Lions Defense esp the front 7 loves to get pressure on the QB. They have some decent players in there secondary no one really outstanding. I'm looking forward to some screens to offset there aggressiveness of the front 7 and some 1 on 1 matchups via the play action down the field.
Watched some of tonights MNF game the Detroit crowd was loud and caused a whole bunch of false starts so the O-line will need to be ready and focused.

Detroits offense/Megatron.

I expect a lot of double coverage probably a lot Rogers and safety help.

Best did well tonight but I'm not worried about him or us not being able to stop the run.

24-21 49ers

This maybe the game Alex Smith has to win. The Lions Defense esp the front 7 loves to get pressure on the QB. They have some decent players in there secondary no one really outstanding. I'm looking forward to some screens to offset there aggressiveness of the front 7 and some 1 on 1 matchups via the play action down the field.
Watched some of tonights MNF game the Detroit crowd was loud and caused a whole bunch of false starts so the O-line will need to be ready and focused.

Detroits offense/Megatron.

I expect a lot of double coverage probably a lot Rogers and safety help.

Best did well tonight but I'm not worried about him or us not being able to stop the run.

24-21 49ers

Looking at the free agent list and the only ones that stand out to me are Houshmandzadeh, Randy Moss, and T.O.

There really isn't much depth at all, we might just be better off sticking with our guys we have now and expect Ginn and Williams to step up.

I just read somewhere that out of the 288 offensive plays we have had this year, Morgan had played in 223. The only people who have more are VD and Gore. What makes all of this worse is that it was on a pass while we were up 30+ points, even Alex Smith wasn't out there for the final 8 minutes or so

Looking at the free agent list and the only ones that stand out to me are Houshmandzadeh, Randy Moss, and T.O.

There really isn't much depth at all, we might just be better off sticking with our guys we have now and expect Ginn and Williams to step up.

I just read somewhere that out of the 288 offensive plays we have had this year, Morgan had played in 223. The only people who have more are VD and Gore. What makes all of this worse is that it was on a pass while we were up 30+ points, even Alex Smith wasn't out there for the final 8 minutes or so

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Most likely they will bring Ziegler back from the practice squad as he is a bigger receiver 6'3 or so and knows the team and playbook pretty well.  I actually think he's not too much of a drop off from Morgan.  
Braylon will be back after the bye against CLE and Braylon/Crab/Williams/Ginn along with VD/Walker is still a solid group considering we rarely go 4 WRs

TJ Houshzamamamsza is also available 
nerd.gif
I thought they cut him out right, you sure he's still on the practice squad?

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Most likely they will bring Ziegler back from the practice squad as he is a bigger receiver 6'3 or so and knows the team and playbook pretty well.  I actually think he's not too much of a drop off from Morgan.  
Braylon will be back after the bye against CLE and Braylon/Crab/Williams/Ginn along with VD/Walker is still a solid group considering we rarely go 4 WRs

TJ Houshzamamamsza is also available 
nerd.gif
I thought they cut him out right, you sure he's still on the practice squad?

[h1]Source: 49ers to work out WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh[/h1]
Read more: Source: 49ers to work out WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

The 49ers have arranged for a tryout Tuesday for veteran wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a league source told CSNBayArea.com.

The 49ers plan to add a wide receiver to their 53-man roster after starter Joshua Morgan sustained a potential season-ending fractured lower leg in the final minutes of Sunday's 48-3 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
http://
The 49ers have three healthy receivers on their roster: Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams. The club expects Braylon Edwards to return to action Oct. 30 against the Cleveland Browns. Edwards underwent arthroscopic surgery Sept. 19 to repair torn cartilage in his right knee.

It is not known if the 49ers plan to work out any other veteran free agents.

Houshmandzadeh, 34, caught 30 passes for 398 yards and three touchdowns in 16 games with two starts for the Baltimore Ravens last season. The Seattle Seahawks released Houshmandzadeh after one season, in which he caught 79 passes for 911 yards and three touchdowns in 2009. He spent his first eight seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals.

In 10 NFL seasons, Houshmandzadeh has 616 career receptions for 7,091 yards and 43 touchdowns.
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

[h1]Source: 49ers to work out WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh[/h1]

The 49ers have arranged for a tryout Tuesday for veteran wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a league source told CSNBayArea.com.

The 49ers plan to add a wide receiver to their 53-man roster after starter Joshua Morgan sustained a potential season-ending fractured lower leg in the final minutes of Sunday's 48-3 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
http://
The 49ers have three healthy receivers on their roster: Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams. The club expects Braylon Edwards to return to action Oct. 30 against the Cleveland Browns. Edwards underwent arthroscopic surgery Sept. 19 to repair torn cartilage in his right knee.

It is not known if the 49ers plan to work out any other veteran free agents.

Houshmandzadeh, 34, caught 30 passes for 398 yards and three touchdowns in 16 games with two starts for the Baltimore Ravens last season. The Seattle Seahawks released Houshmandzadeh after one season, in which he caught 79 passes for 911 yards and three touchdowns in 2009. He spent his first eight seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals.

In 10 NFL seasons, Houshmandzadeh has 616 career receptions for 7,091 yards and 43 touchdowns.

that's interesting. if he's brought in as the clear #2 or lower WR, he's a good possession receiver.

that's interesting. if he's brought in as the clear #2 or lower WR, he's a good possession receiver.

Watched the "film" of Sunday game for the 2nd time last night. Couldn't help but notice Tampa's head coach who seemed to be pulling a coach Sing... just wearing a headset to wear a headset. I know he got pissed and was flagged for that 15 yard penalty for the hit he thought was late on one of there wide receivers. But they cut to him many times and it just seemed like the was at the game but not into it at all. Anybody else pickup on that? Maybe its just me.

Watched the "film" of Sunday game for the 2nd time last night. Couldn't help but notice Tampa's head coach who seemed to be pulling a coach Sing... just wearing a headset to wear a headset. I know he got pissed and was flagged for that 15 yard penalty for the hit he thought was late on one of there wide receivers. But they cut to him many times and it just seemed like the was at the game but not into it at all. Anybody else pickup on that? Maybe its just me.

The 49ers held a Gong Show workout for receivers on Tuesday, and a former member of the defending Super Bowl champions won the check for $516.32.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Niners signed former Packers wideout Brett Swain.

Swain beat out T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chris Chambers, Brian Finneran, Joe Hastings, and John Matthews for the job.

Swain appeared in all 20 games last year for the Packers, catching six passes for 72 yards.  He also started a Sunday night game against the Patriots.

The addition of Swain was necessitated by the loss of Josh Morgan in garbage time of Sunday’s 48-3 win over the Buccaneers.

Back
Top Bottom