Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

The 49ers held a Gong Show workout for receivers on Tuesday, and a former member of the defending Super Bowl champions won the check for $516.32.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Niners signed former Packers wideout Brett Swain.

Swain beat out T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chris Chambers, Brian Finneran, Joe Hastings, and John Matthews for the job.

Swain appeared in all 20 games last year for the Packers, catching six passes for 72 yards.  He also started a Sunday night game against the Patriots.

The addition of Swain was necessitated by the loss of Josh Morgan in garbage time of Sunday’s 48-3 win over the Buccaneers.

Originally Posted by dland24

Swain is better than Houshmandzadeh, Chris Chambers and Brian Finneran?

Ok.
I mean, I don't think he's going to see the field much at all besides special teams.  Seems like it will be Crabtree/Walker/Williams until Braylon gets back after the bye.  Apparently he's pretty familiar with the WCO as well.  

Ok.
I mean, I don't think he's going to see the field much at all besides special teams.  Seems like it will be Crabtree/Walker/Williams until Braylon gets back after the bye.  Apparently he's pretty familiar with the WCO as well.  

Ok.
Agreed but at this point I have faith that the coaching staff knows what they're doing. Maybe he fits the schemes better.

Ok.
Agreed but at this point I have faith that the coaching staff knows what they're doing. Maybe he fits the schemes better.

so what yall think about a "final season" with T.O. retiring a niner?

Id welcome it since they havent made the playoffs since he was around...........
frown.gif

so what yall think about a "final season" with T.O. retiring a niner?

Id welcome it since they havent made the playoffs since he was around...........
frown.gif

crazy how i would never imagine a game against the lions being considered a big game.

that said keep up the momentum. dudes around my way have been talkin about the 49ers are only looking good because of the weak division but get quiet when i remind them that the 49ers only played 1 divisional game and have beaten 3 teams with winning records.

that said on a side note a team from the nfc west has won a playoff game every year since 2004, no other division has done that, i thought that was kinda cool since everyone is always talkin about how bad the division is.

crazy how i would never imagine a game against the lions being considered a big game.

that said keep up the momentum. dudes around my way have been talkin about the 49ers are only looking good because of the weak division but get quiet when i remind them that the 49ers only played 1 divisional game and have beaten 3 teams with winning records.

that said on a side note a team from the nfc west has won a playoff game every year since 2004, no other division has done that, i thought that was kinda cool since everyone is always talkin about how bad the division is.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

damn...........Now im sad because the niners havent been to the playoffs in years.......
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

damn...........Now im sad because the niners havent been to the playoffs in years.......
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

this team took nearly 2 months to finally start clicking. yall really think TJ/Moss/TO/CC is gonna come in and get it right away?

they needed/wanted a 4th/5th string WR and a special team guy. they got that in swain. plus he's familiar with the WCO so he already has a leg up-- idk how much, but that'll have to do.

this team took nearly 2 months to finally start clicking. yall really think TJ/Moss/TO/CC is gonna come in and get it right away?

they needed/wanted a 4th/5th string WR and a special team guy. they got that in swain. plus he's familiar with the WCO so he already has a leg up-- idk how much, but that'll have to do.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

This.  Aint no way those other guys wouldve played ST.  Plus he'll share all the secrets of GB when we meet them in the NFC championship game
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

This.  Aint no way those other guys wouldve played ST.  Plus he'll share all the secrets of GB when we meet them in the NFC championship game
wink.gif

"I really appreciate all the love and support! It's been really hard to deal with because I've never been injured like this, and especially at this point and time. I was the leading WR on the team and proving all the critics wrong about me, and I was in my contract year. And now this. But I'm named after Joshua in the Bible for a reason. I'm a strong, courageous human being, and I've overcome every obstacle before me and came back better, stronger and wiser every year.

"I love the game and love the Bay Area and the organization. I feel like I let everybody down by this injury and sincerely apologize. Trust and know I'm doing my best and everything I can to heal as quick and smart as possible and come back like I always do -- better and stronger to prove all my critics wrong. I will continue to keep climbing and try to join the names of the other great 49er WRs in the past and bring a Super Bowl or two or three back to the Bay.

That's my ambition, my addiction and my motivation! I've always been addicted to success and addicted to greatness. But, in ending, I wanna thank all the fans for all your support and well wishes!"

--Joshua Morgan

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

"I really appreciate all the love and support! It's been really hard to deal with because I've never been injured like this, and especially at this point and time. I was the leading WR on the team and proving all the critics wrong about me, and I was in my contract year. And now this. But I'm named after Joshua in the Bible for a reason. I'm a strong, courageous human being, and I've overcome every obstacle before me and came back better, stronger and wiser every year.

"I love the game and love the Bay Area and the organization. I feel like I let everybody down by this injury and sincerely apologize. Trust and know I'm doing my best and everything I can to heal as quick and smart as possible and come back like I always do -- better and stronger to prove all my critics wrong. I will continue to keep climbing and try to join the names of the other great 49er WRs in the past and bring a Super Bowl or two or three back to the Bay.

That's my ambition, my addiction and my motivation! I've always been addicted to success and addicted to greatness. But, in ending, I wanna thank all the fans for all your support and well wishes!"

--Joshua Morgan

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom