Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Seeing Bay Area sports teams from 3000 miles away gives me a much clearer picture.

We're ###%@@.

Seeing Bay Area sports teams from 3000 miles away gives me a much clearer picture.

We're ###%@@.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by glasses

One thing you can't take from Tebow is that he's a phenomenal leader. With what he's shown, his determination to win, especially in clutch games and losing scenarios is up there with the best. I have no doubt that if he was somehow brought in, the team would rally behind him just like they did in Denver. His energy and confidence is infectious. No denying that

What we do know is that Tebow beat a bunch of below average teams for the most part because the Broncos defense carried his sorry +#*.  All that talk about his "leadership skills" and his "committment to prayer" should be saved for him leaving the game of football and becoming a clergy member.  At the end of the day I would rather have a quarterback than can actually throw the ball and complete pass be it 5 yards or 50 yards over a quarterback that can only name all the books of the Old Testament and is good for nothing else at all.
There is no denying that he livened up the entire locker room, both offensive and defensive sides. He gave them hope to never give up and if they still kept heart and determination then they can still win. It's only safe to assume that not all of the Broncos are/were christians, and they still bought into his message. No one can discredit or take the overwhelming positive impact he had from him.

Of course I fully agree he is not the right fit for a pass-first team. He has a lot of fundamentals missing that are imperative for a QB to have. But criticism leads to improvement. And I for one look forward to the one day that he does show progress and becomes a viable QB threat, to any team.

Spoiler [+]
your blood pressure will surpass astronomical levels

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by glasses

One thing you can't take from Tebow is that he's a phenomenal leader. With what he's shown, his determination to win, especially in clutch games and losing scenarios is up there with the best. I have no doubt that if he was somehow brought in, the team would rally behind him just like they did in Denver. His energy and confidence is infectious. No denying that

What we do know is that Tebow beat a bunch of below average teams for the most part because the Broncos defense carried his sorry +#*.  All that talk about his "leadership skills" and his "committment to prayer" should be saved for him leaving the game of football and becoming a clergy member.  At the end of the day I would rather have a quarterback than can actually throw the ball and complete pass be it 5 yards or 50 yards over a quarterback that can only name all the books of the Old Testament and is good for nothing else at all.
There is no denying that he livened up the entire locker room, both offensive and defensive sides. He gave them hope to never give up and if they still kept heart and determination then they can still win. It's only safe to assume that not all of the Broncos are/were christians, and they still bought into his message. No one can discredit or take the overwhelming positive impact he had from him.

Of course I fully agree he is not the right fit for a pass-first team. He has a lot of fundamentals missing that are imperative for a QB to have. But criticism leads to improvement. And I for one look forward to the one day that he does show progress and becomes a viable QB threat, to any team.

Spoiler [+]
your blood pressure will surpass astronomical levels

^ DAMN
30t6p3b.gif

Espn- Reporting Niners and Smith are closing in on contract talks. Announcement expected tonight.

Welcome back! Now go call Manningham/Moss and practice 24/7

Espn- Reporting Niners and Smith are closing in on contract talks. Announcement expected tonight.

Welcome back! Now go call Manningham/Moss and practice 24/7

I hope the 49ers didnt budge on the contract and give him more... Now lets see this year if the same excuse of "the lack of wr's" can be used again...

Hopefully he improves even more

I hope the 49ers didnt budge on the contract and give him more... Now lets see this year if the same excuse of "the lack of wr's" can be used again...

Hopefully he improves even more

Back
Top Bottom