Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Here's a list of free agent QB's for this year. Who do you want?

Matt Hasselbeck (SEA)

Matt Moore (CAR)

Alex Smith (SF) 

Matt Leinart (HOU)
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
Other Notable Free Agents:
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

I'm not expecting more then 4-5 wins next season so IF Alex comes back on a 1 year deal its not the end of the world for me.

fixed.

dland24 wrote:
I see a maximum of 9 wins on that schedule. The number drops drastically if Alex Smith is our QB.
16-0 without alex and 4-12 with alex.

tavaris jackson anyone?
nerd.gif

[h1]Patrick Peterson visiting the 49ers today[/h1]
LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson is visiting the San Francisco 49ers today, meeting with coach Jim Harbaugh.

"It's great meeting with coach Harbaugh," Peterson told the National Football Post. "It's awesome. It's fun meeting all of these coaches and GMs. I'm enjoying it."

Peterson said he's holding out hope about going first overall to the Carolina Panthers even though they appear to be locked in on Auburn quarterback Cam Newton.

"I've had great talks with Ron Rivera," Peterson said. "Nobody knows anything until the draft actually starts. Then, we'll see what's what. I know that a cornerback has never gone No. 1, and it would be awesome to be the first if that happens. I'm not ruling anything out."

Peterson said he's looking forward to attending the draft at Radio City Music Hall.

"I can't wait," he said. "The draft process feels like a marathon. It's been fun, but I can't wait to see where I'm going to be playing. I'll be happy with whichever team picks me."

Peterson said he would like playing for the Denver Broncos, another one of his official visits.

"That would be a great fit for me," Peterson said. "That's a great organization. I could gain a whole lot of knowledge from veteran defensive backs like Champ Bailey(notes) and Brian Dawkins(notes). I would love to play for the Broncos. We'll see what happens."

[h1]Patrick Peterson visiting the 49ers today[/h1]
LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson is visiting the San Francisco 49ers today, meeting with coach Jim Harbaugh.

"It's great meeting with coach Harbaugh," Peterson told the National Football Post. "It's awesome. It's fun meeting all of these coaches and GMs. I'm enjoying it."

Peterson said he's holding out hope about going first overall to the Carolina Panthers even though they appear to be locked in on Auburn quarterback Cam Newton.

"I've had great talks with Ron Rivera," Peterson said. "Nobody knows anything until the draft actually starts. Then, we'll see what's what. I know that a cornerback has never gone No. 1, and it would be awesome to be the first if that happens. I'm not ruling anything out."

Peterson said he's looking forward to attending the draft at Radio City Music Hall.

"I can't wait," he said. "The draft process feels like a marathon. It's been fun, but I can't wait to see where I'm going to be playing. I'll be happy with whichever team picks me."

Peterson said he would like playing for the Denver Broncos, another one of his official visits.

"That would be a great fit for me," Peterson said. "That's a great organization. I could gain a whole lot of knowledge from veteran defensive backs like Champ Bailey(notes) and Brian Dawkins(notes). I would love to play for the Broncos. We'll see what happens."

^^ It's too obvious of a pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals screw it up or the browns try to solidify their secondary alongside Haden. Not sure if I would mind too much if we ended up with Prince. I think in the long run Peterson might outgrow the position.

^^ It's too obvious of a pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals screw it up or the browns try to solidify their secondary alongside Haden. Not sure if I would mind too much if we ended up with Prince. I think in the long run Peterson might outgrow the position.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that if Von Miller or Patrick Peterson are not available at 7, we will look to trade the pick.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that if Von Miller or Patrick Peterson are not available at 7, we will look to trade the pick.

Originally Posted by dland24

Yup, I agree with what theyre doing.  Just as long as they get quinn or prince, and those other two are gone its ok i guess.   Draft in 4 days, cant wait

Yup, I agree with what theyre doing.  Just as long as they get quinn or prince, and those other two are gone its ok i guess.   Draft in 4 days, cant wait

I agree with that strategy. Stockpile more picks, maybe we can pick up Cameron Jordan or someone with a mid/late 1st we can get.

I agree with that strategy. Stockpile more picks, maybe we can pick up Cameron Jordan or someone with a mid/late 1st we can get.

So im guessing that we are not too fond of Prince? If that was too happen, I can see us going to the 20's for a QB... Something like NE's 1st rd and 2nd round etc?

So im guessing that we are not too fond of Prince? If that was too happen, I can see us going to the 20's for a QB... Something like NE's 1st rd and 2nd round etc?

Back
Top Bottom