Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

I'm not worried about Vogey starting on the DL...for pitchers, it's really not as big a deal in the early part of the season.

Why am I not surprised about Sanchez?

Sanchez came exactly as advertised. Contact hitter but ALWAYS hurt.

I'm tired of his +@$.

Per twitter:

Jayson Stark: Giants telling teams today they're shopping Ryan Theriot & Mike Fontenot. Possible fit for Braves & Phillies.

YES!!! Trade them for just $ if anything.

And...

Andrew Baggarly

Krukow told Murph and Mac yesterday that this is the first time in his career that Burriss has looked like a big leaguer. I have no problems with that, more speed up the middle.

Wonder how Sabean feels about him
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Krukow told Murph and Mac yesterday that this is the first time in his career that Burriss has looked like a big leaguer. I have no problems with that, more speed up the middle.
Did he return from tweeking his hamstring? I know he was pulled from the game a couple days ago.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/03/giants-to-release-mike-fontenot.html[/h1]
[h1]Giants To Release Mike Fontenot[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [March 30 at 12:54pm CST]

The Giants have placed infielder Mike Fontenot on release waivers, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports (Twitter links). The Giants agreed to terms with the arbitration-eligible Fontenot on a one-year, $1.05MM deal this offseason, and they'll save three quarters of that sum by cutting ties with him today.

Fontenot posted a .227/.304/.377 line in 252 plate appearances at second base, shortstop and third base last year. The Fielding Bible Volume III suggests Fontenot provides adequate defense around the infield. He'll obtain approximately $250K in termination pay from the Giants. Teams like the Phillies and Rangers could have interest in signing the 31-year-old.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Cain reiterates opening day 'cutoff' for contract talks[/h1]SURPRISE, Ariz. – Matt Cain admitted his contract situationhas floated in and out of his mind this spring. He doesn’t want that to happen when the games really matter.

Cain reiterated that the April 6 season opener would be a“cutoff

I'm so excited we cut Fontenot...seriously, excited.

Even if that means dirty Burris gets to play. Whatever...next one should be Theriot.

Happy trails, Fontenot.

Definitely glad that Arias is going to get a shot on the roster...Hopefully Blanco makes the team too.

Chances are Belt will start the year in Fresno. Also, Schierholtz can be the odd man out if Blanco makes the club.

ive been pulling for nasty nate to become something, but i guess he just can't amount to it.
hopefully blanco makes the club

and they need to pay cain

I always root for Nate to become a solid player in this league...But he always gets a minor injury that seems to halt his progress whenever he does return to the field. I really don't know why Belt is being considered to start in Fresno, I mean really. He's having a good spring and from what I've read has done a decent job in the OF.

^As of right now, he's on the cusp of .400.

He's far more superior than Huff on both sides of the ball and he's not guaranteed a roster spot.
30t6p3b.gif

I for one, dont know how anyone could say that Belt is far superior to Huff. Makes no sense at all. (defense I will give you)

It took the Marlins a month to figure out what our front office couldn't for years.

Re: Aaron Rowand

Back
Top Bottom