Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

^
laugh.gif
yes it would be. Im gonna say 6.2 innings, 3 earned. Giants win 5-3 tomorrow. Lets go!

just realized i didnt start Cain in one of my fantasy team................................................

Wow. Finally got myself in front of a computer.

Congrats to Matt Cain on the perfect game!
287oqqg.gif
If anyone was going to do it, I'm glad it was him. Fresh off that $100 million deal, they money doesn't phase him. I'm proud to have Matt Cain on the Giants.

Just one thing, wish I was there to see it live. To those who were, cherish it forever.

Damn I wish I was there to see it with my own two eyes. Congrats to Cain, about time things line up for him.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

The brunette she was there with looked better.
Different strokes for different folks. I think Chelsea looks better, but that might just be me because I'm currently on a blonde snow bunny fascination
ohwell.gif

I wouldn be shocked if they come out super flat today...im sure there was some celebrating...imagine if Burrell was around still
laugh.gif

Good read on where Cain's perfect game ranks in history:

Matt Cain’s Place in History.
Matt Cain just threw the 22nd perfect game in baseball history, which is of course an amazing accomplishment. But, through the way he dominated on the way to his perfect game, Cain actually joined an even more exclusive club – guys who have posted a Game Score above 100 in a nine inning game.

Before tonight, only nine pitchers had ever racked up a game score of 100 or better in nine innings. It was more common back when starters kept going when a game went to extras, but we want to compare apples to apples, so those are out. Sorted by Game Score — an imperfect measure, for certain, but one that does okay for this purpose — here are the 10 best nine inning performances of all time.
[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Date[/th][th=""]Tm[/th][th=""]Opp[/th][th=""]IP[/th][th=""]H[/th][th=""]R[/th][th=""]BB[/th][th=""]SO[/th][th=""]HR[/th][th=""]GSc[/th][/tr][tr][td]Kerry Wood[/td][td]5/6/98[/td][td]CHC[/td][td]HOU[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]20[/td][td] [/td][td]105[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nolan Ryan[/td][td]5/1/91[/td][td]TEX[/td][td]TOR[/td][td]9[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]16[/td][td] [/td][td]101[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sandy Koufax[/td][td]9/9/65[/td][td]LAD[/td][td]CHC[/td][td]9[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]14[/td][td] [/td][td]101[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Cain[/td][td]6/13/12[/td][td]SF[/td][td]HOU[/td][td]9[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]14[/td][td] [/td][td]101[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Morrow[/td][td]8/8/10[/td][td]TOR[/td][td]TBR[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]17[/td][td] [/td][td]100[/td][/tr][tr][td]Randy Johnson[/td][td]5/18/04[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]9[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]13[/td][td] [/td][td]100[/td][/tr][tr][td]Curt Schilling[/td][td]4/7/02[/td][td]ARI[/td][td]MIL[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]17[/td][td] [/td][td]100[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nolan Ryan[/td][td]7/15/73[/td][td]CAL[/td][td]DET[/td][td]9[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]4[/td][td]17[/td][td] [/td][td]100[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nolan Ryan[/td][td]7/9/72[/td][td]CAL[/td][td]BOS[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td]1[/td][td]16[/td][td] [/td][td]100[/td][/tr][tr][td]Warren Spahn[/td][td]9/16/60[/td][td]MLN[/td][td]PHI[/td][td]9[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]15[/td][td] [/td][td]100[/td][/tr][/table]
In terms of raw performance, this matches Sandy Koufax’s perfect game from 1965 as the best perfecto ever, and matches one of Nolan’s Ryan no-hitters where he did most of the work himself. The only nine inning game in history with a higher game score was Kerry Wood’s 20 strikeout one-hitter. It’s pretty amazing that most of us were alive to see both.

Baseball!

I was out at a friends house, scrolled down my FB real quick to see he pitched a perfecto.

pimp.gif
for Matt Cain. 14Ks? Damn.

My dude Melky with a great catch in the effort.

[table][tr][th="col"]
7552.jpg
W. Rodriguez HOU  [/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]
6394.jpg
B. Zito SF  [/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-4
[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]5-3
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.27
[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.24
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55
[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]41
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18
[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]30
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.27
[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.30
[/td][/tr][/table]
Houston Astros Lineup
Altuve, 2B
Bixler, RF
Lowrie, SS
Martinez, LF
Maxwell, CF
Johnson, 3B
Downs, 1B
Castro, C
Rodriguez, LHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Blanco, RF
Theriot, 2B
Cabrera, LF
Pagan, CF
Sandoval, 3B
Sanchez, C
Belt, 1B
Arias, SS
Zito, LHP

Congrats to Cain. I'm happy for him, well deserved. Dude has never got the recognition he deserves.

Back
Top Bottom