Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Wasn't expecting the team to get 4 starters, nice.. As for yesterday, I don't know how you guys feel, but it annoys the hell out of me when these Giants fans act like Zito is having the worst game ever (yesterday), and he only gave up 1 run. I'll agree, he didn't pitch good, hell, didn't even pitch decent. The fact remains, he only gave up 1 run! What the team isn't going to win games when the offense can't produce.

That 2002 team
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Wasn't expecting the team to get 4 starters, nice.. As for yesterday, I don't know how you guys feel, but it annoys the hell out of me when these Giants fans act like Zito is having the worst game ever (yesterday), and he only gave up 1 run. I'll agree, he didn't pitch good, hell, didn't even pitch decent. The fact remains, he only gave up 1 run! What the team isn't going to win games when the offense can't produce.

he got out of some really tough situations
Lot of ppl mad at Posey, Melky, and Pablo starting the ASG....we even got 2 million votes for Freddy Sanchez 
laugh.gif

Casilla will be fine. You can't change roles at this point in the season unless its an injury. Closers are going to be a premium, we do need bullpen help but I'm not willing to sacrifice anything of value for a closer.

I'm glad in part that Romo and Casilla won't get a nod for the ASG since they could use some rest.

We lucked into this split but I'll take it; glad it didn't go extras since we're headed to DC with one real early game on the docket.

Well he's looked shaky at best and clearly is having confidence issues. However he's been fine prior to the last 2 weeks

Can't believe we got out of the top of the 9th just 3-3

and then Bruce misjudges the fly ball. wow what a finish

Wasnt me. My buddy works in the Giants Marketing department, and he was trying to get me to hit 25 votes a day for the last few days of voting. I didnt vote once. I vehemently object to Pablo deserving a roster spot, let alone a starting spot, but whatever. He got screwed a couple years ago in that Victorino last player vote, so F everyone else right?

I am pretty upset Vogey and/or Madbum got snubbed though.

Agreed with Dland. Plus part of my youth died with E40s remake.

Speaking of pitching, just walked past Jason Schmidt. He's tall!

My pictures from over the weekend. Putting on my flame suit cause the Giants were 0-2 when I was there.
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
For Friday's game, my friends and I were at the Garlic Festival pregame and we got there pretty late. Place was packed, they had live music, but had no idea who was performing.

This dish was $10. It was whatever. I would've been happier if I spent the $10 inside the park.
9011sl.jpg

3026ogn.jpg

Buster Posey bobblehead, only if you donate to the Junior Giants
igkoky.jpg

Herbie the Garlic Mascot and Buster Posey
erzdp1.jpg

Had view reserve seats, but eventually moved down, once people started leaving
2n6i16a.jpg

350ncle.jpg

2pri71f.jpg

My friend actually sent me this pic. Looks like I have a secret admirer.
9tk56b.jpg

For Saturday's game, my friends and I arrived around 9:45 and waited an hour or so to get in. Had a very good spot in line, and again was able to get some pictures of people filing into the park.
20hv6h4.jpg

2cqyx5d.jpg

2l9gp6c.jpg

Ended up with J.T. Snow. Was very happy since he was the bobblehead I wanted the most.
2qlzlfo.jpg

Bleacher seats. Burnt to a crisp once the game was over.
xd9qq1.jpg

vopkp1.jpg

Giants need another right-handed reliever/closer type. Not to close, but someone who has done it before. Maybe a Jason Grilli from the Pirates. They always seem to give the Giants their players.

Blanco is starting to slow down now.

I would love to get Jed Lowrie on this team. Can play anywhere on the infield and switch hits. Some more offense on this team is not a bad thing.

This could be an ugly, ugly start for Lincecum. I am not convinced he's back to even being half of what he's been before. Factor in that he doesn't pitch well in hot and humid weather. It could be an early exit for him.

If he does manage to pitch a decent game, I just hope Bochy doesn't leave him in there for too long, just so he can qualify for a win, like he has before this year.

[table][tr][th="col"]
7981.jpg
T. Lincecum SF  [/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]
8400.jpg
J. Zimmermann WAS  [/th] [/tr][tr][td]3-8
[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]4-6
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.60
[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.77
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]99
[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]65
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]47
[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]20