Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

This game has been unreal. They have bases loaded no outs and bases loaded one out in consecutive innings and dont score?!? Lets GO. Win this ******g game!!

Maybe you guys could answer this better but why don't they just trade Belt already? I feel like every time I watch a game, they've changed his swing.

From what I've heard it's always been said that the FO likes him a lot and that he's the guy going forward.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him. Idk if he can ever catch up to inside fastballs, all I've ever seen from him are foul balls at best.

I personally think this upcoming season will be the make/break point (more so, what he does in the offseason - fall ball and spring training).

Last year he was yo-yo'd and this year he's been given a chance on extended periods of time. So this is truly the first barometer year. If he can't/doesn't make the adjustments going into next season I believe they'll make a move.

Pro.....I wholeheartedly agree. We should have traded him when his value was high(er). I am convinced he will never be able to consistently hit Major League pitching. He has a fundamental flaw in his swing and has the confidence of a 15 year old fat kid in room full of models.

Even our own announcer called him "the quickest 0-2 in the Major Leagues." Dude is trash.

So far this is starting like last year. Pick up a bat and the team goes down the toilet. :lol:

Panda can't get back soon enough. He was starting to get hot, too. :smh:

I hear you dland. I meant trade him because they've been messing with him for too long/change of scenery type of thing. You can't change the kis swing every time he slumps and expect him to learn a lot. He struggles on that inside fastball so work on helping him adjust to one swing. Literally every highlight or tape I see is him with his legs in different positions and his arms on slightly different parts of the bat.

I hear you dland. I meant trade him because they've been messing with him for too long/change of scenery type of thing. You can't change the kis swing every time he slumps and expect him to learn a lot. He struggles on that inside fastball so work on helping him adjust to one swing. Literally every highlight or tape I see is him with his legs in different positions and his arms on slightly different parts of the bat.

Per Hunter Pence's interview on KNBR last night (and I am paraphrasing): You can either hit or you cant. Minor adjustments can help, but you 99% of the time, changing a players stance and swing will not turn a bad hitter into a good one.

I still have a small glimmer of hope that Belt will be this team's first baseman of the future....but I want him on the bench or in AAA for now.

Back
Top Bottom