Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

You gotta be kidding me
tired.gif
mean.gif

My eyes got misty man

Liu Xiang... :smh:

:frown:

same achilles popped when he tried to go over 1st hurdle

good lord

yoooooooooooooooo

Usain Bolt's Heat in the 200m was just silly.

he ran the curve so effortlessly and then turned it down as soon as he hit the straightway... and still ran a 20.38

He's gonna break his own 200m record again. Esp with Blake pushing him.

yea man that whole liu scene was messed up sad he could never compete on the big stage cuz of his achilles

he did compete on big stage tho. he won olympic gold in athens and won a World championship in osaka.

I had to look away when he went to the tunnel then hobbled back out.

I can only imagine that his career is over.

:smh:

I don't watch T&F often, but is it common for so many hurdlers to be crashing into the hurdles like that? There were multiple guys falling in that heat. I was hoping this would be Liu Xiang's redemption though, after not being able to compete in Beijing.

Damn I was watching it, when they broadcast it and I felt bad for him. Especially cause NBC did a profile for him before his heat. Then to see him fall was just sad, but when he turned back and hopped pass the finishline :frown: Yeah that's just depressing to see.

Starlist

100 Metres Hurdles - W Final

2 3301 LoLo Jones [UNITED STATES]
3 1309 Phylicia George [CANADA]
4 3293 Dawn Harper [UNITED STATES]
5 3324 Kellie Wells [UNITED STATES]
6 3102 Nevin Yanit [TURKEY]
7 1079 Sally Pearson [AUSTRALIA]
8 1324 Jessica Zelinka [CANADA]
9 1093 Beate Schrott [AUSTRIA]

he did compete on big stage tho. he won olympic gold in athens and won a World championship in osaka.
I had to look away when he went to the tunnel then hobbled back out.
I can only imagine that his career is over.
:smh:

And he was about to be the World Champion last year, until Robles pulled that dirt move and got them both DQ'd.

Back
Top Bottom