Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

What is this joke on Twitter where people are saying Asafa Powell saw his dad in the crowd and stopped? I don't get it. *scratches head*

I don't think they've ever been to one of those events, not really funny. I seem to remember this dude injuring things a few times though when he loses a lead in big races, it's like when Dwade winces like he's hurt when he misses a late game shot.

So Asafa Powell has ran he most sub 10's in history and competed in 3 Olympics, but has not won an individual medal? :smh:

bro ive been rockin with asafa since Athens and cant believe how this guy has been the most consistent runner never to really win anything when it really matters ala olympics.

same with Tyson Gay to some extent, but i dont really mess with him

Powell and Gay are both runners who has had great careers, but not legendary. They had multiple chances but...yeah. Sucks, Usain Bolt is the main reason though :smokin :smokin

Nothing impresses me more than the track and field portion of the Olympics. Mr. Bolt
pimp.gif
 making us Jamaicans proud

barring injury, how can anyone beat Usain? Son just tries harder in the Olympics, and when he's going 100% it's an automatic wrap :smh:

YBD or TDot or anybody, can y'all find the clip of the BBC announcing team reacting to the 100m?

I've been looking but no luck.

Last edited:
Big ups to bolt on the gold , and blake on the silver :smokin

Quick recovery to asafa, he always seems to fall out in these big races since he started racin' bolt

barring injury, how can anyone beat Usain? Son just tries harder in the Olympics, and when he's going 100% it's an automatic wrap :smh:

Not true. he ran his fastest time ever and the world record in Belgium for the world championships.

He had Tyson Gay on his heels and couldnt relax. Best start Bolt has ever had in a race too. Hard to imagine him repeating that performance. but Blake can get faster. definitely. same way when Bolt first emerged in 07, took him about a year to subsequently reach his peak athletically

Never ever seen Tyson Gay have a Lead past 60 Meter point and lose the race...

gatlin, Blake and Bolt are just too strong down the stretch.

Back
Top Bottom