Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

Tyson Gay is coming off Hip Surgery in the same year as the olympics yet he still ran a 9.8 and had the 4th best 100 at the Olympics.

Crazy to call Gay overrated. in fact its comical. your talking about a guy who did Double Gold in the 100 & 200 at World Champion in '07. He also took silver behind Bolt 9.59 World Record at Berlin WCs... :lol: :smh:
Asafa Powell is someone you should call Overrated.

Gay's only crime is he just happened to be in his prime when Bolt was coming into his own

Last edited:
Tyson Gay is so overrated. Justin Gatlin is the US's best hope for sprinting. 

Both of them are getting up there in age. The future doesn't look very bright for the US in the 100M unless a couple young guns come along. Plus we can easily see a few more stars coming out of Jamaica.

Last edited:
Tyson Gay is so overrated. Justin Gatlin is the US's best hope for sprinting. 

i wouldn't really describe a guy who has the 3rd fastest time EVER (along with Bolt) as overrated

Not true. he ran his fastest time ever and the world record in Belgium for the world championships.
He had Tyson Gay on his heels and couldnt relax. Best start Bolt has ever had in a race too. Hard to imagine him repeating that performance. but Blake can get faster. definitely. same way when Bolt first emerged in 07, took him about a year to subsequently reach his peak athletically

i think he's very capable of breaking his own record. if he had a better start yesterday he would have done it. i think after false starting at the world championships, he simply didn't want to risk the same thing happening at the olympics

Last edited:
I watched the NBC stream and the BBC stream on same pc and had my tablet on the NBC stream as a back up. I didnt have a single glitch in my viewing on any of my vids.

Ive been watching that NBCOlympic Site all week and have yet to have a problem. *shrugs*

You know I REALLY want to believe that Asafa was hurt

BUT...

After watching the race a couple of times, he stumbled out of the blocks and definitely pulled up after he saw he was being left in the dust.
laugh.gif

man.. jamaica really got this track game on lock.. in addition to the sprinters

just read up on jessica ennis, her dad is originally from jamaica

and sanya richards-ross was born in JA and lived there until she was 12

Man I didn't know Usain was only 25, until I checked his wikipedia page yesterday.

Thought he was in his late 20s, early 30s for some reason.

Also gained respect for Usain Bolt after stopping the interview to show respect for the U.S. National Anthem.

Heard Tyson Gay was in tears about placing fourth after a strong run. Gotta be the best 100 field in the history of T&F. Ryan Bailey probably ran close to his best race and couldn't sniff the podium. Hope he factors in for 2016.

Man, when I saw Asafa pull up, I thought it had to be an injury (maybe hammy). I can't believe he would just quit like that. My brothers and I also couldn't believe that's he never won an individual medal at the Olympics or WC (only 4x100 in 2008 O and 2009 WC).

That dude who threw a bottle right before the start is beyond ridiculous.

Nice to see a bit of redemption for Gatlin after the lengthy suspension. Can anyone believe he's running this fast post-suspension at age 30?

Also, would you guys agree that Bolt is already in the conversation for top T&F great up there with Carl Lewis, Jesse Owens, and Michael Johnson?

200 field: Everyone taking Bolt or Blake, I'm guessing. I wonder if Martina, Spearmon, or Malcolm can battle for a spot on the podium.

200 field: Everyone taking Bolt or Blake, I'm guessing. I wonder if Martina, Spearmon, or Malcolm can battle for a spot on the podium.

Don't know about Malcolm. But I expect Lemaitre (who participating in the 100 on the weekend), Martina, Alonzo Edward, Sady Ndure, and Spearmon to be threats.

its crazy man my teammate from college got the silver medal in the 400 hurdles he half the reason im doing the 400 hurdles now congrats to mike T !! JSU we all we got !!

WOW at the chaos in the opening round of the Men's 110 Hurdles.

Back
Top Bottom