Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Here's the actual point...

The thing is, you're taught to either hit a passing-shot or aim for the right-hip (of a right-hander) when he's at the net. Berd knows this and knows it's a legitimate shot. I'm not saying you should hurt your opponent, but you're trying to make it difficult for them to return the ball and that was one option.

Also, it was a running-forehand and Nico might have been trying to whip it cross-court. I don't believe that he tried to hit him intentionally. It's not like the ball sat-up and Nico had all the time in the world to hit that shot... it was a running-forehand... he was chasing the ball down. He even apologized immediately afterwards.

Tomas has since tried to do some damage control, but I think it's too late.
Crowd's gonna be all over him during his match against Rafa.

Not surprised at Serena's play. The better player clearly won today.

time for boom boom lisicki to take Sharipova out.

these ESPN announcers already have Sharipova thru to the semis... lets go Sabine

Boom Boom. I laugh every time.

Nadal is going to demolish Berdych for his fellow countryman.

Is it me or does Fed look back? Nadal is my guy but I have a feeling Fed is going to take down Rafa & Joker

Fed looks good but he doesn't respond well to mentally tough players like Nadal and Nole (who would've thought I would be typing this before last year). Fed IMO is a frontrunner and nothing he's done so far has changed my view that he'll fold when he plays Nadal or Nole.

A great battle between Nole and Lleyton right now...
Mad-props to the Rusty... the guy's such a tremendous fighter... with his 4 surgeries and all...

Looking forward to seeing Delpo put a dent in Federer.

Djoker
30t6p3b.gif
been making it look so easy, so hard for Hewitt to win a game let alone winning that set.

roll.gif
dumping on his girl
roll.gif

^ Jelena's just so lovely.

x1000.jpg
x1000.jpg

Anyway, just goes to show Serena can no longer walk into a Grand Slam and expect to do well.  She didn't have the best pre-season prep and it won't get any easier for her.

1000x.jpg

Shock of the day though...

Don't think Nishi has much left in the tank to go against Murray.. 

1000x.jpg

Respect.

1000x.jpg

frown.gif
 Oh well. 
tired.gif

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

^
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
 Does Ana even know French???  Don't think so!
Kimmy and Fed were too good, but how about that Rafa/Berd match?  Berd was lights-out in the first 2 sets... but Rafa stepped it up when it counted... very close.
1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

i didnt think rafa could win. he was playing all short returns sheeeesh i thought he was gonna get straight setted....

unreal

laugh.gif
frost getcoutta herehhchahahhahabahhaa

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

i didnt think rafa could win. he was playing all short returns sheeeesh i thought he was gonna get straight setted....

unreal

laugh.gif
frost getcoutta herehhchahahhahabahhaa
That was so irritating to watch. He was returning prob 10 ft behind the baseline and Berd was just taking advantage of it, especially on the deuce-court where he'd just pull Rafa wide and then hit the winner down the line. He did that LOTS of times too.  You're never gonna hit decent returns from way back there (at "Melbourne").  Everyone and their mom's saw that yet Rafa only decided to move in in the 3rd and 4th sets.  Berd was hitting the ball so cleanly though... and served really well.  Lines-persons were so crap though... 

The rallies in this match are ridiculous... both guys hitting the ball so cleanly and covering so much court!
eek.gif

This TB is SO HUGE.
EDIT ~ Daveeed so needed to win that TB, as Djoker looked like he was about to collapse.  He's playing well too, but not being able to take that set off of a struggling Nole must be mentally devastating.

Back
Top Bottom