Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going about it all wrong with the age part of it. Canelo had a limited amateur background and went professional at 15. Had huge hpe around him for a while but didn't take his first true test until 2013, his 8th professional year. Then look at Floyd. Had his first true test against Hernandez two years into his professional career. Guys with that much hype and that much talent, shouldn't be fighting tomato cans for 7 years. That's the point. As much hype as he's had behind him, he should have been fighting real 154 lber's since 2010. Not ballooned and washed up welters. That's how you end up with the Andre Berto's and Victor Ortiz's of the world.

Last edited:
Mayweather should win this fight. Canelo won't be able to get past the shoulder roll with just brute force especially as an orthodox fighter and he doesn't counter strike nor have the speed at all to keep Floyd uncomfortable. His defense sucks and Mayweather will tee off especially when they are in center of the ring where Floyd will outclass him with speed and technique(ie jab pull counter Floyd loves will kill Canelo all fight in the center of ring since I expect Canelo to walk him down with tons of jabs). Not to mention the cut will affect him in the later rounds and if he tries to beat Floyd by cutting off the ring and pinning him in a corner it won't work.

If Canelo wins it will be by puncher's chance.

Last edited:
I'm not defending Canelo per say, but how long do ya'll expect his resume to be at 22? Do you want him fighting these dudes mentioned at 19-21 year old? For real? This will be Canelo's real first opportunity.

Mayweather didn't fight Corrales until he was like 24 and that was his biggest competition to that point.
I agree Canelo is still young.    I was naming those guys in response to someone who said Floyd never fought anybody. 

I saw the Trout/Canelo fight, but wasn't Canelo taking "rounds off" because of the open scoring? He knew he was winning, by a large margin at that, would it be safe to say he was just coasting? I'm sure he could of knocked Trout out if he wanted to or gave a bit more effort. I mean he did knock him down with a jab I believe and hitting him with hard shots the whole night. Haven't really seen Canelo's other fights, just highlights, did he take rounds off in those other fights too? Just wondering
No Canelo was taking rds off early.   He was barely throwing punches by rd 4 and the scoring was terrible.   lol 1 judge after I believe rd 8 had Canelo up 8 rds to 0.   After the 8th Trout was so far behind on all 3 judges score cards that he needed a ko to win.
mean.gif
  After the 8th I had it a even fight.   Texas is known for bad scoring though and I think the open scoring ruined the last 4 rds of the fight.  Remember when Texas screwed Sweet Pea when he convincingly won vs Chavez Sr. and they had the fight a draw?

Serious? I was thinking at least 3k. What do you think I can get for 1500-2000 per person?
honestly i dont know if you'd get much better , it jumps to 5 figures at some point randomly 
laugh.gif

rafter seats usually retail for about 500 i think then 600-1800 for mid level followed by 123456787654345676543

That is the retail price though, I'm probably going to have to grab some from a scalper or reseller for much more.
eyes.gif
front row seats for the Mayweather vs Guerrero fight were going for $3,500.00 for retail but this is a much bigger fight so I'd say around $5,000.00 for front seats at retail. 

Looking forward to this Mayweather & Alvarez fight. I think Floyd will take this one when its all said & done... Alvarez's conditioning is :x & If he's going to be relying on his power, Mayweather's defense has been proven. I think it'll be a good fight though. Im glad that Mayweather is fighting Alvarez too because Alvarez is a lot younger, he's bigger, & is also undefeated (including 1 draw), so the excuse of Floyd fighting "safe" fights isn't the case this time around

That is the retail price though, I'm probably going to have to grab some from a scalper or reseller for much more. :rolleyes

front row seats for the Mayweather vs Guerrero fight were going for $3,500.00 for retail but this is a much bigger fight so I'd say around $5,000.00 for front seats at retail. 

By front row, you mean like the first 15 or so rows that you usually see when the camera shows the full ring right? I want the ones right above that like row 20-25 I guess.

By front row, you mean like the first 15 or so rows that you usually see when the camera shows the full ring right? I want the ones right above that like row 20-25 I guess.
You should be able to get those seats for the price you said you were willing to pay.

How much should I expect to pay for mid-level tickets to the Mayweather-Canelo fight?

Ive been to the last 3 Mayweather fights. If your trying to sit in the lower level (not floor) the seats will cost around $1500 each. That will get you in the first half of the lower level, the second half will run about $1000, thats if you pay by ticket master. Depending on how hot the ticket is you can try to get aftermarket tickets as well. I paid $1000 for the Mayweather Vs Guerrero fight and sat the first row of the lower level (not floor) right against the walkway where the fighter comes to the ring. With that being said I would guess that aftermarket ticket for this fight will be more expensive than retail.

Im not sure how to post pics on here from my cell phone, but on my twitter page I have pictures from where I sat for the Guerrero and Cotto fights. They show where the $1500 tickets will get you if you pay retail

Last edited:
How much should I expect to pay for mid-level tickets to the Mayweather-Canelo fight?

Ive been to the last 3 Mayweather fights. If your trying to sit in the lower level (not floor) the seats will cost around $1500 each. That will get you in the first half of the lower level, the second half will run about $1000, thats if you pay by ticket master. Depending on how hot the ticket is you can try to get aftermarket tickets as well. I paid $1000 for the Mayweather Vs Guerrero fight and sat the first row of the lower level (not floor) right against the walkway where the fighter comes to the ring. With that being said I would guess that aftermarket ticket for this fight will be more expensive than retail.

Im not sure how to post pics on here from my cell phone, but on my twitter page I have pictures from where I sat for the Guerrero and Cotto fights. They show where the $1500 tickets will get you if you pay retail

Good looking out man. Are you from Cali by any chance? How much did it cost you all together with transportation, hotel, and food?

Yeah I from Cali. How much is costs all together kind of depends where you want to stay. If you don't care about the hotel you can get a flight and room for the weekend for less than $500. If you want a nicer hotel you can get a decent deal if you book soon. I bought my ticket to Vegas yesterday and paid $200 round trip, will probably book a room at the Venetian this week for around $800 but that's for 4 nights. As far as other expenses it just depends how drunk I get and how much money I spend gambling and drinking

Yeah I from Cali. How much is costs all together kind of depends where you want to stay. If you don't care about the hotel you can get a flight and room for the weekend for less than $500. If you want a nicer hotel you can get a decent deal if you book soon. I bought my ticket to Vegas yesterday and paid $200 round trip, will probably book a room at the Venetian this week for around $800 but that's for 4 nights. As far as other expenses it just depends how drunk I get and how much money I spend gambling and drinking

Yeah I understand that it varies, I've just never done this before and wanted an idea of what to expect. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

So when do tickets for the fight go on sale again?

I'm probably late but where is 50 cent in all of this? I thought he was working with Mayweather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom