Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Canelo's best fight against Trout? I mean a fight where he looked real good, showing his skills against decent competition. I saw the Trout fight but I wanna see some others to see what the hype is about. Seems like he just uses his extra weight and power as his advantage tho.

that cld be his best performance solely due to him showing some defensive ability.

but offense wise, I dunno. vs Kermmy , vs Shane, Maybe. they should be on youtube

His offense wasnt great vs trout, esp since he didnt change his plan nor work the body.

Canelo is still an uknown quantity, especially to the viewing public at large. The fights are on record but most Mexican fighters have a boatload by the time they hit the big stage.

that cld be his best performance solely due to him showing some defensive ability.

but offense wise, I dunno. vs Kermmy , vs Shane, Maybe. they should be on youtube

His offense wasnt great vs trout, esp since he didnt change his plan nor work the body.
good look

Canelo is going to be exhausted by round 6 chasing around money. Even if he goes into the ring at 170+, that'll make it easier for May. imho

People keep mentioning Cotto as an example for Canelo but Cotto is an extremely good boxer. Cotto's skill level as a boxer is better than Canelo's at this stage.

This fight really shouldn't have happen for another year or year and a half. No matter who either Canelo or may would of fought in that time period they would of stayed undefeated. Only way this fight makes sense is if Canelo wins and then they make a rematch for double the money. Mayweather has never been worked to the body to slow him down in the later rounds because opennents have been scrubs and because he's been to good. I think big emphasis for Canelo will be work the body throw the jab. You're right about the condition though and him taking rounds off. If Canelo can put in work on his condition he gets the W. If not he'll get a few good hits on mayweather but result will be the same, w for may.
Who has Canelo beat to make him great?  Besides Trout he's fought a bunch of B level fighters who  moved up to 154 lb to fight him. 

People keep mentioning Cotto as an example for Canelo but Cotto is an extremely good boxer. Cotto's skill level as a boxer is better than Canelo's at this stage.
I agree and Cotto is a future Hall of Famer.  Canelo still has a long way to go to be considered for the hall of fame.   If Canelo couldn't ko Mosley who was washed up when he got in the ring with Canelo last year what makes people think he's gonna be able to ko Floyd?

Canelo is going to be exhausted by round 6 chasing around money. Even if he goes into the ring at 170+, that'll make it easier for May. imho
I agree.  Canelo has to either ko Mayweather or hurt him badly within the first couple of rds or Mayweather is just gonna pick and pop his way to a easy win. 

i love boxing, just watched the britts from last week.

but i have an elementary understanding of things i think. so tell me if this makes sense

may dodged fights but at the same time he would massacre anyone 10 pounds in his weight. by massacre i mean win by rounds

canelo is good not all time anything. got strength but sloppy when we speak all time

GGG would be a better fight

i love boxing, just watched the britts from last week.

but i have an elementary understanding of things i think. so tell me if this makes sense

may dodged fights but at the same time he would massacre anyone 10 pounds in his weight. by massacre i mean win by rounds

canelo is good not all time anything. got strength but sloppy when we speak all time

GGG would be a better fight

GGG vs Mayweather? GGG campaigns at 160 bro :lol:

Who has Canelo beat to make him great?  Besides Trout he's fought a bunch of B level fighters who  moved up to 154 lb to fight him. 

EVERY FIGHTER THAT MAYWEATHER HAS FOUGHT IN HIS LAST 10 FIGHTS WOULD GET MOPPED UP BY CANELO. MAYWEATHERS RESUME IS NOT HALL OF FAME WORTHY. HES BEAT A BUNCH OF SCRUBS AND A FEW OVER THE HILL HALL OF FAMERS. YEAH COTTO TOO. COTTO WAS NEVER THE SAME AFTER HE TOOK THAT WHOOPING BY MARGARITO. ALL BE IT ILLEGALLY. IM NOT SAYING THAT COTTO STOOD THERE AND WHOOPED ON MAYWEATHER BUT HE DID PUT PRESSURE ON MAYWEATHER AND HAD SOME GOOD HITS ON HIM. NOW YOUR TELLING ME THAT A YOUNGER STRONGER BETTER DEFENSIVE FIGHTER WILL NOT PUT UP A BETTER FIGHT. EVERYONE IS SITTING HERE AND SAYING THAT MAYWEATHER IS GOING TO MAKE CANELO LOOK LIKE AN AMATEUR AND I AM TELLING YOU THATS NOT THE CASE. IT WILL BE CLOSER THAN WHAT YOU GUYS ARE ANTICIPATING.

ALSO THIS WHOLE WHO HAS CANELO FOUGHT ARGUMENT IS A BIT OVERSTATED. HE FOUGHT ONE OF THE BEST FIGHTERS IN HIS DIVISION IN TROUT AS SOON AS HE HAD THE CHANCE. HE COULD OF EASILY DODGE HIM LIKE MAYWEATHER IS KNOWN TO DO. TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST.

Last edited:
i appreciate the knowledge. i really just dont understand **** that level. i like it alot though

ALSO THIS WHOLE WHO HAS CANELO FOUGHT ARGUMENT IS A BIT OVERSTATED. HE FOUGHT ONE OF THE BEST FIGHTERS IN HIS DIVISION IN TROUT AS SOON AS HE HAD THE CHANCE. HE COULD OF EASILY DODGE HIM LIKE MAYWEATHER IS KNOWN TO DO. TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST.
You can't be serious.  lol Mayweather was a underdog in a lot of his fights before he beat Oscar and who did he run from?    Also your saying Diego Corrales, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Miguel Cotto aren't hall of fame fighters?  That's a way better resume then Canelo who has only beaten Trout lol.     I think Canelo has a better chance then Guerrero did but that's not saying much.  Canelo has a punchers chance but that's it.   I've saw Canelo get hit clean from Josesito Lopez and Alfonso Gomez.    Mayweather has way more speed and better accuracy over both of those fighters.  

You can't be serious.  lol Mayweather was a underdog in a lot of his fights before he beat Oscar and who did he run from?    Also your saying Diego Corrales, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Miguel Cotto aren't hall of fame fighters?  That's a way better resume then Canelo who has only beaten Trout lol.     I think Canelo has a better chance then Guerrero did but that's not saying much.  Canelo has a punchers chance but that's it.   I've saw Canelo get hit clean from Josesito Lopez and Alfonso Gomez.    Mayweather has way more speed and better accuracy over both of those fighters.  

Acelino Fretis and Joel Casamayor at 130 when both fighters were undefeated
Kosta Tszyu at 140 before the hatton lost
cotto at 147 before he was damaged goods. margarito before the scandal at 147 paul williams at 147 when he looked unbeatable
and of course he ducked manny pacquiao
as far as hall of famers gatti, de la hoya, marquez are the only first ballot hall of famers

by the way canelo is only 22 how many hall of famers did mayweather have on his resume then?

you can say both lopez and gomez have better punching power than floyd so letting his hands go and not having to worry about getting hurt should not be a problem for canelo against may weather.

and by the way mayweather lost the first fight to jose luis castillo so that 0 is really bunch of b.s

Canelos combinations are sick, especially when his opponent is against the ropes. Wonder if he will be able to do that with Mayweather.

Canelos combinations are sick, especially when his opponent is against the ropes. Wonder if he will be able to do that with Mayweather.
Thats where the fight is going to be won, if canelo can let his hands go when he gets him against the ropes he can definitely make it uncomfortable for mayweather. you saw a little bit of that when mayweather fought ortiz and again with cotto.

Acelino Fretis and Joel Casamayor at 130 when both fighters were undefeated
Kosta Tszyu at 140 before the hatton lost
cotto at 147 before he was damaged goods. margarito before the scandal at 147 paul williams at 147 when he looked unbeatable
and of course he ducked manny pacquiao
as far as hall of famers gatti, de la hoya, marquez are the only first ballot hall of famers

by the way canelo is only 22 how many hall of famers did mayweather have on his resume then?

you can say both lopez and gomez have better punching power than floyd so letting his hands go and not having to worry about getting hurt should not be a problem for canelo against may weather.

and by the way mayweather lost the first fight to jose luis castillo so that 0 is really bunch of b.s
lol really you name a bunch of no name fighters who were journeymen besides Cotto and Williams.   Bob Arum is the one who prevented Cotto and Mayweather fighting  earlier in their careers. The whole pac man debate is over.  He didn't want to take the drug test because he said he was scared of needles.  lol yet hes taking blood tests for his fight vs Rios.  Some one posted the video a couple weeks ago about how they are hypocrites about the blood tests.   lol and Mayweather didn't run from Paul Williams.  I'm not not even gonna speak on the Fretis, Tszyu or Casamayor
laugh.gif
  You really have to hate Floyd to think something like that.  

Thats where the fight is going to be won, if canelo can let his hands go when he gets him against the ropes he can definitely make it uncomfortable for mayweather. you saw a little bit of that when mayweather fought ortiz and again with cotto.
I agree but it's easier said then done.  Canelo couldn't land combos on Trout against the ropes.   Mayweather is one of the best defensive fighters ever.  Canelo is gonna have to use his weight and make it a ugly dirty brawl if wants to have any chance of winning.

Mayweather wins the fight.

Next opponent. "He can beat Floyd.

Same story.

Everyone just wants to see him lose. If he would ever lose and get k'OD..

Hes still a GREAT fighter. Deal with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom