Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawford is impressive. I thought he might get caught cuz Sibian was throwing hard punches.

hope juanma takes it....

Hopefully Crawford remains consistent with that body work in future fights.

mean.gif
JuanMa.

Crazy how fast you fall in Boxing. Two years ago, dude would've waxed Garcia in 3 rounds.

Dammit Juanma Embarasses Me Again

Seems Like Every PR Fighter That Starts To Show Any Promise Starts To Decline After A Couple Years - In Their Prime !!!

JuanMa looked horrible. No head movement. Mikey continues to impress me
Me too and since he gave JuanMA $100,000 for being 2 lbs over weight I think it's time for him to move up.   A fight I'd love to see is Garcia vs Gary Russell Jr. at 130 lbs.  That is a fight that needs to happen within the next year.     Gary doesn't have a promoter but his manager is Al Haymon.   It shouldn't be a hard fight to make.    I don't know if Gary will be man enough to fight him though since he has only fought a bunch of bums so far. 
mean.gif

I knew Juanma wasn't gonna win but he was totally outclassed not even close.
Yeah he was.  I think it's time for him to take a couple of farewell fights and then retire.   He doesn't have it anymore and he's taken to much punishment. 

Me too and since he gave JuanMA $100,000 for being 2 lbs over weight I think it's time for him to move up.   A fight I'd love to see is Garcia vs Gary Russell Jr. at 130 lbs.  That is a fight that needs to happen within the next year.     Gary doesn't have a promoter but his manager is Al Haymon.   It shouldn't be a hard fight to make.    I don't know if Gary will be man enough to fight him though since he has only fought a bunch of bums so far. 
mean.gif
He Has lol , But He's A Bad Boy; 

I Remember Sparring Him A Couple Of Years Ago, He Was Down Here In Florida For Somethin.... He's Fast And Precise Trust Me I Knoe lol

I Just Think He Fights A Lil Too Much Like An Amateur Still, I Dont Like Garcia But It Probably Could Be A Good Fight

Far? He's 28.
Age means nothing in Boxing...

Fernando Vargas was a shot fighter by 25.

JuanMa was in a war with Rogers Mtagwa, and beaten up TWICE by Orlando Salido. Those wars, added to him being a strictly offensive fighter...he's shot. He'll pull off wins here and there by against tomato cans, when he steps up...he'll get beat.

JuanMa was in a war with Rogers Mtagwa, and beaten up TWICE by Orlando Salido. Those wars, added to him being a strictly offensive fighter...he's shot. He'll pull off wins here and there by against tomato cans, when he steps up...he'll get beat.
JuanMa has always been an offensive fighter. Those wars didn't add to that. He was never a defensively responsible fighter. JaunMa is a prime example of a guy that was knocking people out in lower divisions because he was just to big. Now that he is fighting at his correct weight, he's pretty much mediocre.

He Shouldn't Be Fighting Like He's 42, He Is Physically Capable Of Being Better So I Expect More

Fernando Vargas Was Never Anybody To Me; He Was Jus Tough Enough To Brawl With The Best Of Them

As He Got Older And Wealthier His Lifestyle Affected His Training And Performance

He Shouldn't Be Fighting Like He's 42, He Is Physically Capable Of Being Better So I Expect More

Fernando Vargas Was Never Anybody To Me; He Was Jus Tough Enough To Brawl With The Best Of Them

As He Got Older And Wealthier His Lifestyle Affected His Training And Performance
I do agree with the fact that as he got older, Vargas lifestyle really affected his career. But Vargas was much more than a brawler. He was an Olympic boxer who compiled an amateur record of 100- 5 and he also beat Winky and Quartey in the pro ranks by outboxing and out jabbing them. I believe he was a little too hot headed for his own god and I think the fight with Trinidad took his prime years out of him.Even in defeat,  he displayed great boxing skill to go along with heart. I will admit I'm somewhat biased, seeing as Vargas is one of my favorite fighters.

I do agree with the fact that as he got older, Vargas lifestyle really affected his career. But Vargas was much more than a brawler. He was an Olympic boxer who compiled an amateur record of 100- 5 and he also beat Winky and Quartey in the pro ranks by outboxing and out jabbing them. I believe he was a little too hot headed for his own god and I think the fight with Trinidad took his prime years out of him.Even in defeat,  he displayed great boxing skill to go along with heart. I will admit I'm somewhat biased, seeing as Vargas is one of my favorite fighters.
True; Though I Didn't Agree With That Winky Decision, AT ALL.

And DAMN!! He Went 100-5 As A Amateur, Thats Near Mark Breland Status I Didn't Know That

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom